My last ever diet!

Another thought - do I take it that you have come straight from another diet? I did Dukan then Atkins for a month and then back to Dukan. When I did Attack for the second time I didn't lose anything - I don't think you can expect such dramatic losses coming straight from another diet, especially if it is low carb.

Had been doing Weight Watchers but finished a month before starting Dukan, and had been eating a lot! Definitely not low carb prior to the Sunday before last! My menu yesterday was:

B: Oat Bran Porridge
Lunch: Lots of beef and turkey, plus a fat free yoghurt.
Dinner: Lots of chicken, and a poached egg.
Drank two litres of Water, and had two lattes made with skimmed milk. Plus three glasses of diet coke. Plus walked for 40 minutes.

It looks ok, but some people find that the citric acid in diet coke causes them problems.

I would try skipping the Activia yogurts and have natural instead and when you get onto cruise remember that there is a dairy limit and a milk limit - in fact the milk limit (250ml?) must apply to Attack too - so maybe the lattes are a problem - 250 ml probably wouldn't even make 1 latte.

Also your beef and turkey are they home cooked or from packets? Prepackaged meats are salty and can cause issues. Better to cook your own.

the only thing I'd add is - for your oatbran porridge, you only had 1.5 tablespoons oatbran, right? It's really not a lot which is why I'm asking as it's "breakfast" yet must have been but a mouthful???

Otherwise, "transit" ok? TOTM close?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will limit milk, and skip activias and diet coke then and see. Though those activias are one of my few comforts! Measure oat bran carefully each day, and boil or grill all meat. Must try and be patient! And no, not near TOTM either. Fingers crossed I will be back down by morning.

Instead of the Activia you can have WeighWatchers yoghurts in Vanilla & toffee. Not as creamy maybe but they should help plug a sweet craving! Or buy 0% plain yoghurt (Onken Fat-free or Total Zero are nice) and add your own granualted sweetener (Splenda, Canderel etc) to taste, and possibly some cinnamon or other flavouring. Then you're sure there's no hidden sugars!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the natural youghurt. For some reason can't stand vanilla or toffee youghurts, just not my thing. Scales were the same this morning so still losing heart but will see what it says by Sunday. Was very difficult to resist chocolate cake this morning that everyone in the office was tucking into, but I managed it! Sitting here now eating plain cottage cheese - must be determined! Just hope it will end up being reflected on the scales...

Like everyone else, when you start a diet like this, you expect and want dramatic results. I know 5 pounds in a week and a half is still good, but I was just hoping for a stone in two weeks! You never know, by my second weigh in on Sunday, may have dropped down a bit more.

Good luck for Sunday, but don't get hung up over the stone in 2 weeks. I was not far off your weight when I started and I think I only managed about 7 or 8 lbs i my first two weeks. We all like the big loss in the first week but no one can keep that up.

I've "lost" a stone in 2 weeks before on this diet... BUT I'd "gained" far more the week before ;)

The crazy losses are mainly water oriented in any event, and usually after heavy carb binges!

:D

well, weigh in today and have lost three pounds. So eight pounds in two weeks. Not the flying start I'd hoped. Hopefully this week will be better!

8lb is a fantastic loss, and 5lb followed by 3lb are both individually great results too. Your first week is bound to be more as you lose more water, and then you have to expect it will slow down. Most people settle down to around 1-2lb a week after the first couple, but that's still quite rapid weight loss. You can speed it up by keeping an eye on what you're eating - limit the tolerated items and keep the exercise levels high.

Well done!

Oh, thank you all for your positive posts! You're right of course - I think everyone just wants a miracelous lost when they start! Had a bad day yesterday and all I wanted was some chocolate and a large glass of white wine BUT I didn't! Had a long bath instead and lots of hugs from OH. Not my usual response to stress - must be changing my habits!

Great, I like your positive attitude and I'm hoping to be able to copy you as I hit my first hurdle lol! I'd better warn dh he's going to be needed for cuddles!!! K x

Katu - definitely the hugs are the way to go! Loving the sunshine today and pondering what to have for dinner. Some fish with spinach I think... A summery dish. :)

and how's today?

Very close to cheating tonight again - but didn't. Feeling very frustrated as the scales haven't shifted since Sunday and not an amazing weight loss before then to think I haven't cheated once in nearly three weeks now. I usually lose so much more than this when I'm this strict. I am wondering if I'm eating enough though I'm not at all hungry. Walking for about four to six hours a day at the moment because of campaigning for an election. Should be losing and can't understand why I'm not. Starting to think I might as well eat something I shouldn't or drink a glass of wine!

Back