My life is as good as an ABBA song!

OMG, plopped some dijon into my sauce and brilliant me, decided to lick the remaining mustard off the spoon and let me say it was quite a spoonful and it was already on its way down before I realised how much of it I'd just eaten - instant stomach ache, cramps for about 10 minutes! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Hi, just read through the last few pages of your diary...

Your post from 3 days ago about the binge eating really struck a chord with me, i have felt like that in the past, i have binge eaten since i was 17 (i'v just turned 25) and it is definitely to do with self esteem. I have been there were i know what i am doing but not had any desire to stop.

Here we are though both ok!

The bit about getting fed up of cajun chicken made me laugh...i love the stuff and can't see myself getting sick of it but who knows!

best to avoid tolerated as much as possible :D sometimes its just not possible ... i have at least 1 per day and losing well but if i stall (without my usuall cheating) ill cut back

Hi, just read through the last few pages of your diary...

Your post from 3 days ago about the binge eating really struck a chord with me, i have felt like that in the past, i have binge eaten since i was 17 (i'v just turned 25) and it is definitely to do with self esteem. I have been there were i know what i am doing but not had any desire to stop.

Here we are though both ok!

The bit about getting fed up of cajun chicken made me laugh...i love the stuff and can't see myself getting sick of it but who knows!

I think it's actually scarier to be aware of it and not want to stop than it is not being able to stop. But then, maybe it's a step in the right direction - the being fully aware of it, I mean. And trust me, you will get sick of the cajun chicken eventually - but I for one know I'll go back to loving it! :)

B-muffins, coffee
L-ham, cottage cheese, tomato
D-steak, cauli-parsley root mash, spring onions

Ever have one of those days? Had only 1 1/2 cups coffee this morning as last night I cleaned the coffee maker with citric acid and forgot to run clean water through it a second time so the coffee was blagh. That'll teach me. Then at tesco I unthinkingly picked up a heavy carton and threw my protruding disc into a spasm. The doctor won't see me until next month due to some goofy health insurance limits that I've nothing to do with (it's like when they raise your car insurance premiums because your neighbor got hail damage - don't laugh, this actually happened to me). Water started collecting at the bottom of the fridge and I can't mop it up fast enough. :gen157:

Days like this usually have me tipping back the fridge - but I'd get all wet now if I did :D

Dinner was one of those 'is this really a diet?' moments, I mean really - grilled steak, creamy cauliflower-parsley root mash with the steak juices as gravy??? I'm positively stuffed!

Bought 5 tubs of cottage cheese today in lidl, it's the lowest fat I can get around here (2.2%). I know that's more than the max 2% they recommend but I really do only have it a few times a month. I think I know where I could get some >1% but that would be about 60 miles round trip and frankly, as petrol is hovering around €1.62/litre, and seeing as how I'm not independently wealthy, I think I'll indulge in the 2.2% once or twice a month.

Ahh you still sound in good spirits despite what sounds like a chaotic day! Dinner sounds lovely too, i will defeinitely give that mash a go.

Hope tomorrow is better for you and you manage a better cup of coffee! xx

CG what a day hurry up and go to bed before anything else happens lol ony kidding, tomorrow is another day x

PV
I honestly can't remember what I had for brekkie, except for the coffee :confused:
L-cottage cheese salad w/ham and veg
D-turkey cutlets w/leftover cauli-parsley root mash plus sauce concoction
S-1/2 serving dukan bread w/1 serving 7% cheese

Well coffee's been good so I'm now happy mornings! Uneventful as far as day goes, had a client (whose 1st language is not English) questioning why his text should not be put on their website and no matter how much I explained that it made very little sense and that it would cause giggles from English natives he insisted he was right because he's always said it that way. Who am I to argue with that kind of logic? So long as I don't get the "credit" for the work...

So was trying to make some sort of sauce (as I'm still in a sauce phase) a few nights back and what looked like a complete shambles turned out quite brilliant! I started out by whacking a huge spoonful of red curry paste (my first mistake) onto a nonstick skillet, to which I added some frozen homemade stock. After it had reduced a bit I added some skimmed milk and some coconut essence, then I added chicken breast strips for a few minutes, just until they were cooked. Smelt heavenly, thought I was really on to something, until I tasted the sauce and nearly choked on my own lung. It was sooo effing spicy, and I can take a lot of heat in my food but this was just brutal. Needless to say, it was completely inedible. So I removed the cooked chicken and wondered if I should just flush it when suddenly I had a demented idea - add some coke zero! So I added about a cup of it and reduced the sauce yet again, then at the end I added in some yoghurt. Well I've been having it for 3 days now on everything I've been eating and have just now used it all up. It went on my mince flan, my mash, my chicken, turkey, well, you get the idea. Thought I'd write it down here in case I decide to make it again since I'm sure I wouldn't remember what went in and how I did it :)

It's defo hit or miss, but I swear even tho it sounds vile it was lovely!

PV
B-coffee, muffins (made w/spelt bran in place of my usual wheat bran)
L-grilled halibut, asparagus, cauli mash
D-grilled steak, carrot, parsley root
S-yoghurt, sf jelly

Feel as though I ate tons today, am a bit bloated. I'll finish off the spelt muffins but I may revert back to the wheat bran for the next batch as today for the first time since starting Dukan I've had a bit of a transit problem (sorry!) so I wonder if it's because of the switch. Although supposedly the spelt bran has more fibre than the wheat bran. Maybe the body just needs to adjust to the change. They defo are a nicer texture and flavour, but then I enjoyed them with the wheat bran so ultimately it won't much matter.

Am really considering giving the c25k a go, I've downloaded some podcasts, I've got the footwear. The problem is I've got some unresolved lumbar issues and I don't know if running would be such a great idea. Although after googling the subject it seems that most doctors say jogging/running does not affect bulging discs (i.e. doesn't make them worse). I currently walk between 4-5k a day (split into 2 sessions) and that makes my toes numb and if I pick up the pace a bit it seems to stop the numbness. Getting old is pants! :boohoo:

I'm right there with you about the getting old and the aches and pains that prevent us fulfilling dreams on the running front. And you read about these octogenarians running the Marathon. I guess some are built to, and some aren't.

I should start really small, eg run 5 x 1 minute during your walks, and see whether your back is aggravated. Build up gradually and good luck! Inevitably, as we weigh less our joints will take less punishment.

Hopefully the weight loss will ease up the pressure on the disc as well! Still have not started c25k, but I see the doc next this week so I'm holding off.

PV
B-muffins, coffee
L-bns stew w/chicken and prawns
D-ditto the above
S-yoghurt

Even tho I managed to lose nearly 2lbs last week I've decided to switch back to wheat bran from the spelt bran as I was feeling quite bloated every day. Can't explain it other than the spelt, I've not made any other changes. I guess it just doesn't agree with me. Too bad, was lovely.

Yesterday I made some 'rice pudding' according to a recipe found somewhere on the internet. 600g ff curd cheese, 5 eggs, vanilla bean + extract, sweetener, baked at 160C for about 1 hour. Was like a ricotta custard or something, it tugged at a memory of childhood but I can't seem to place where or what it was associated with. Doh! I hate when that happens! The recipe called for 25g splenda but as I was adding it (on the scales) it seemed like sooo much so I stopped at 15g and even that was a bit too sweet. All in all quite nice. I'll probs make it again but I'll cut it in half as I ended up eating the entire sandwich tray of it yesterday!!:eatdrink012:

I'm getting worse at posting in my diary...

Was thinking about grumbling about a low loss this week (1.6lbs) but actually, I imagine that isn't really such a low loss is it? It's really quite a healthy rate of loss, and if you consider the fact I'm not ever hungry and within the restrictions I can eat lots of yummy stuff then it's a downright brilliant loss :) (every once in a while I must give myself a pep talk).

CG that's a great loss sometimes we just get a little gready for more but that's the way small and regular have a good day x

Last edited:
And yet another week goes by with nary a post in the diary. :rolleyes: Oh well.
Last Friday I had numerous vodka/soda/limes, I was very bad. But the good news is that although alcohol is a big no-no on dukan I didn't completely go mad and I ate mostly dukan-friendly food, though had a bit of cheddar on the Friday and it was soooo good. Saturday I suffered a bit in the morning but I was right back on with muffins and yoghurt and cruise. I did however decide not to do a weighin as I was afraid of being demotivated, so Sunday I'll see what the damage was. I think the worst I did was sts, so hopefully there will be at least some loss for the previous, non-slippage week. It's so stupid to do that! I mean, one night of drunken debauchery (well, not, but it sounds good) pretty much kills your efforts for the entire week and it's sooo not worth it. But I'm over it, actually didn't even dwell on it for 2 seconds, just took it in stride and I and really liking this new attitude!

SO, my sister posted me some lovely flavourings from the US and I've just baked a batch of peanut butter/raspberry muffins! Cannot believe I have to wait until morning to eat them! The aromas coming from the oven were truly mouth-watering, so I hope the actual flavour is at least half as good.

Back