My life is as good as an ABBA song!

LOL at one night of drunken debauchery .... those were the days!! :rolleyes:

Just did a double take of your post, Cheesegirl, I thought it was a year-old. But no, look, you have been here a year!

P x

Hey P you're down a stone! That's fab :)
Well what do you know?!! It's my 1-year anniversary here, and 1 year ago today I started CD. Kind of thought I'd be all slim by now but I'm on my way and that's what counts (because 1 year ago today I weighed in at something like 251lbs so 186ish is looking pretty good) :bliss:

Well I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's weighin, the past few days have been very eaty if you know what I mean. I feel as though I've been consuming massive quantities of food (all dukan friendly, mind). I've eaten practically a kilo of mince in the last less than 2 days, plus chicken breasts, fish, eggs, etc. I'm like a bottomless pit. I honestly don't feel I've gained, I don't even bloated for that matter. Just the quantities are slightly alarming. Hopefully this will pass! I noticed a thread around here about being hungrier than usual so maybe it's something in the air :D

This is what I ate today (so far): 2 generous servings aubergine lasagne, 4 slices meatloaf, 8 radishes, 300g asparagus, 1 chicken breast w/onion-red pepper sauce, 800g yoghurt, 3 muffins, 2 servings strawberry sf jelly

That's all I can remember, what a pig I am! I'm still hungry, too!

On a different note, at the risk of showing my age (and maybe my taste as well :)) I ran across a photo whilst looking for something else and it is me, aged 13, on my way to my very first live concert to see the bay city rollers!!! All decked out in tartan-hemmed high-water jeans and tartan scarf, no less :D Be still my heart! Ah, youth, where did you run off to when I wasn't looking?

CG im sooooo jelous the bay city rollers at 13.......I had to wait till i was 44 before I got to see them.....we all went in tartan though...hahaha top night. ......

Lol when I visited my patents the other week my
Mum had been clearing out and came across a bay city rollers cd and kept it foe me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Eek - went to see the Bay City Rollers two years ago ... well, what's left of them!

Always had a big crush on Les McKeown ... until I saw his 'dad dancing' in real life!!

Oh well, we live and learn ;)

P x

Oooh, now I'M jealous! What fun to see them as an adult. Good for a bit of nostalgia and maybe a laugh! Is it true that Les (always my favourite!) is now a drag queen? So I read somewhere, but it may just be the naysayers...

Well my first weighin in 2 weeks and I'm down 1 stinking pound. That's what I get for getting all liquored up last Friday and eating like a horse for the past few days. Today I appear to be back to normal dukan eating, am just having a natural yoghurt w/cheesecake and blueberry flavourings. YUM! Will up my daily walking and maybe throw in some resistance bands this week too, hopefully I'll have a better loss next weighin. I just realised I've been going heavy on the tolerateds too, so will have to put the kibosh on that for a while at least.

Well done, Cheesegirl, a pound's still a pound. I had the galloping munchies the week after my boozy camping weekend and appeared to gain, but the following week things calmed down and I lost the gain and more so I'm sure this week will be a good one. Provided you stuck to the protein, you're still losing fat and that's what counts. Go for it!

Hello kids, I'm sorry about the absence, I was having a pity party of sorts. I hate being sorry for myself but sometimes I guess you just can't help it :)
SO, I have been reminded of my horsey childhood, I was a horse lover and I had 2 horses, 1 was an arabian and the other was a mix of something, she hated us to ride her and she always bucked us off, then we had an american quarter horse - he was absolutely gorgeous and also hated to be rode.
OK, enough reminiscing, I had sts this week, I'm actually fairly satisfied because it's better than gaining, right?

OK, I have a dilemma so I'm looking for advice. I am so not a health club/gym person, I have wasted so much money on memberships I never used. I've got tons of dvd's, pilates, tony banks or whatever he's called, I've got something called "flowin", where you slide all over the place, basically I've spent tons of money on exercise crap and obviously I've used none of it. And actually about a year and a half ago I got this rowing machine, which unfortunately caused me to have a disc sequestration which I've been suffering with since. I've been thru physical therapy, drug therapy, etc. Now, I know that I will never use any sort of mechanical thing but what is your opinion about a treadmill? I'm thinking that it's the best thing I can buy, any ideas??

I agree with Pauline CG....its the best, cheapest form of exercise with nature throw in......perfect xxx

I'd agree with the other ladies - save your money! In fact I've recently cancelled my little used gym membership and am now working out far more using the park, a running app on my iphone and some great pilates and toning workouts I've found on youtube. Spend the money you'll save on a new wardbobe when you reach your goal weight!

Ladies, you seem to have given the best advice. For some reason I felt the need to have that quintessential home gym equipment, and I know it's actually just more surface to dust (which I hate doing anyway). Will try to get rid of the rower too, it's just taking up space. Otherwise things are good, more or less

Back