My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Hi Cheesegirl! I haven't touched base with you recently but it's great to see that you're sticking to the plan, and it's working for you. Well done! I'm still hanging on in there too, albeit still with a glass or 2 of wine each evening. I started walking before half term too but this week I can't shake the kids off for long enough!

I remember at the beginning you asked me to post recipes. Well, I'm nothing like as inventive as you! I'd be grateful for any pp recipes you concoct that work. The mince flan is a mainstay but that's about it. Unlike you I went off the muffins pretty quickly but luckily I really enjoy my yoghurt with oatbran in the mornings and it never leaves me feeling deprived or hungry.

Good luck to you, you're doing great! I like your goal date of 'whenever'! Realistically we've both got to resign ourselves to this plan for as long as it takes - it's not a quick fix - but, like you, it rarely makes me feel hungry or crave carbs (apart from the wine!) so I really believe I could keep going for as long as it takes.

xx

Sara, you've a lot more will power than me. Were I to allow myself a glass or 2 of wine I'd inevitably wind up drinking the entire bottle! So I've banned all alcohol until September - when according to Dr Dukan I should arrive at my true weight and when I must give in to the wine because the town where I live holds an annual grape harvest festival near the end of September and really, it's 3 days of wine and and food and song, so how could I (anyone) refuse? :p

Try the Serbian cufte I posted on the recipe thread, it was really quite yummy and will become a mainstay for me just like the mince flan. I'm getting ready to post 1 or 2 more so if you're interested keep an eye out! :) I'll pop over to your diary and see how you're doing too

PP
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt (surprise, surprise!)
L-"cheese" burger, leftover grilled chicken breast
D-"cheese" burger, was so good at lunch decided to have another for dinner!
snacks-yoghurt, ham slice, cocoa quark

Did something today I rarely do, I used a tolerated ingredient, added 1 scant tsp fair trade organic skimmed cocoa powder (11%) to a tub of nf quark, was actually delicious! The cheeseburger was interesting, a few days back I had made this nf curd cheese spread so after I flipped the burger I spread some of it on top and covered the fry pan and it sort of 'melted' for lack of a better word. In any case it was tasty so I had it twice today!

Now for planning Saturday's visit to bf's mother. I almost gave in today and eyed a bottle of wine while shopping, thinking it would be nice after coming home Saturday but I held out and just bought what I'll need for the holiday weekend. Will cook 2 or 3 days' worth of meals tomorrow, that way there can be no excuses. I'm thinking turkey paprikash with cauliflower mash and a modified Czech classic, boiled beef with veg gravy, sans the dumplings, sadly, but should still be good.

I also bought some chicken livers with the intention of making pate, but now I'm not so sure because what would I spread the pate on?? Maybe I really should make a loaf of the bread...

PV
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt
L-turkey paprikash, whipped cauliflower
L part 2-leftover chicken rolatina
D-something with chicken livers

OMG, the whipped cauliflower was amazing! I had intended to make mash, but after boiling it in salted water with a few peeled cloves of garlic and mashing (with several tablespoons of nf quark) with a regular potato masher I didn't like the texture much so I got out the hand blender and proceeded to whip it into a frenzy and the result: a beautifully creamy, mild, delicious substitute for mashed potatoes. Defo like it better than celeriac mash because the flavour is just much milder. The only problem is I wanted to eat the entire thing! Had to force myself to stop at half! The paprikash wasn't bad either, for some reason I was intent on using silken tofu to replace the sour cream that goes in the classic dish but I think next time I'll go with yoghurt. Can't lie and say it's just as good as the real thing, but it was quite edible and a snap to prepare so I'm sure I'll be making it again.

Hi Cheesegirl Great diary - if you dont mind me asking what is chicken rolatina and turkey paprikash? Both sound yum - thanks x

alot- I think you'll love it!

Chris- thank you! The recipes are

turkey paprikash: turkey or chicken cutlets seasoned w/salt and pepper and browned on non-stick pan then removed, then add a chopped onion to pan and saute a few minutes, sprinkle on a few good tablespoons of paprika and stir quickly then add about 150ml water (the paprika tends to burn quickly so only saute dry for about 30 seconds) and some homemade stock or a stock cube and let simmer until slightly reduced. Then add natural or greek yoghurt (or silken tofu but yoghurt is probably better) and stir to incorporate, add back the turkey or chicken and heat through. This was quite yummy with the whipped cauliflower.

chicken rolatina: butterfly a skinless boneless chicken breast and pound thin, season on both sides w/salt, pepper and whatever else you like, then place on a large-ish square of cling film. Spread some Dijon on one side then add ham slice (optional), nf cream cheese seasoned w/herbs, a slice of red bell pepper, some fresh spinach leaves (I didn't have any so used a kale leaf instead), 1/4 (or 1/8) slice of hard boiled egg or a combination of any of the above, whatever you have to hand. Roll up and then wrap tightly in the cling film and twist off the ends to seal then place on a steamer rack over medium heat or if you have an electric steamer that's great too, and steam, covered, for about 20 minutes. Careful when you open it up, all the juices run out!

Enjoy!

So another week where I failed to post in my diary, but I suppose sometimes I'm just on it and other times I'm not :)
Easter wasn't a major fail, but still ended up having carbs and alcohol so had to write off 2 days for this week. Was afraid I'd not lost anything, and when I woke up this morning I was actually afraid I'd gained but have lost 1lb even with the 2-day carb fest. Yesterday I even had a tolerated, 7% cheese triangle! Wouldn't have normally even had it, as for me cheese is addictive and once I nibble I want more, but at noon I had an x-ray where I had to go on an empty stomach and I didn't plan ahead to bring a galette with me (and had not baked any muffins) so I ran to Tesco afterwards and felt as though I had fantastic self-control. The scent from the bakery filled the entire store and I'm certain I could have eaten an entire loaf of peasant bread! So instead I got a packet of 3% ham and the already mentioned cheese triangles and ate them in the car :) Then at home I had a huge hamburger with nf curd cheese.

So today PV
B-coffee, yoghurt
L-cufte, prawn cocktail on lettuce
D-sauteed chick breast w/mushrooms and spinach
various snacks: yoghurt, coke zero

Hey your doing well, back on the wagon now x your little blip hasn't affected your weight loss brill news good luck be a good Dukaneer x

Yep, back on track now :)
PP
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt
L-luc lac beef variation
D-turkey medallions in tarragon/mustard sauce

Visited a friend yesterday I don't get to see all that often and she pointed out something to me I hadn't thought of: last year I lost 70lbs on CD, gained back 30lbs and now almost a year after starting with dieting I'm within 10lbs of what I weighed when I quit CD in the autumn = minimal yoyo effect since I was able to curb my horrible eating habits at a 30lbs gain and not gain to a point where I'd be heavier than when I started CD. This is true. All the while I was stuffing myself (November, December and January) with 800g loaves of raisin egg bread, blocks of cheese, 10 slices of toast, packets of oreos, etc (on a daily basis, mind you) I was FULLY conscious of what I was doing but couldn't find the desire to stop - and I don't mean the WILL POWER to stop but the DESIRE to stop. Once I'd got it out of my system I knew what I had to do. I think what was different about those 3 months of total blowout eating was that I didn't cry whilst doing it or think of myself as a complete and totally disgusting pig (I mean, I didn't like it exactly but I didn't have those feelings of worthlessness like before). And now when I have a blip in the diet I don't completely cave like I would have in the past, I just work past it and write off the meal or day or whatever, but I seem to be able to get right back on track, which is a skill I did not previously possess. Or, if it takes me more than a few days to get back on track I no longer feel there's no point in continuing with any diet since I'll always be a fatso.
I guess my attitude has really changed, or else...could it be? Could I really be putting on some self-esteem?? Am I really starting to think that I'm a person worthy of respect who will not allow herself to be thought of as something less because of her weight? If this is what's happening, then woohoo, this is the attitude that will keep the weight off once and for all (once I get to TW that is) :)

Cheese girl what a fantastic light bulb post.....I love it your self awareness is that if a blip happens so what ......you can see the big picture and know your going to get there in the end. Keep posting posts like that they are great to 'feed on'. Your are worthy and to equal to anyone......people who judge by looking at a persons size get up my nose, wish I could give them a few stone extra for a day to undersrand how it feels, have a fantastic Dukan evening x

Well done on your "break through" moment cheesegirl :), I think this plan is as much a psychological journey as it is a physical one :) at least it should be if we want long term results - keep up the good work xx

ditto alottolose ... this diet changes the mindset and will hopefully be the last diet i ever do

PP
Muffins, coffee
grilled chicken breast
grilled salmon
sauteed chick breast & prawns w/mustard-yoghurt sauce
silken tofu/quark 'ice cream'

Yesterday I went to buy a 6-muffin silicone tray, which they didn't have, but I did spot this decorative veg peeler thing so being the impulse buyer that I am I grabbed it and it ended up being a decent purchase :) Made courgette spaghetti and sauteed turkey breast medallions in a garlic/yoghurt sauce with balsamic vinegar, yum!

Dog has gone post-spay bonkers, she has fallen head over heels for the bf and will not leave him alone. Cries when she can't get at him. Strangest thing I've ever seen and I hope it passes soon!

Cheese girl.....you have competition for bfs attention lol and I loooove your menu very professional. I love gadgets too, one I bought never use it is cucumber curler ???????

PV
Muffins, dukan bread, coffee, ham slices and tom, pepper & spring onions
Parsley root chips YUM
Baked chocolate cheesecake
?? haven't decided, either something w/turkey breast or I'll defrost some serbian cufte

Finally tried some dukan bread, from a recipe I found somewhere on the internet I think, I'm pretty sure it wasn't from here. It has yeast. Anyway it wasn't too bad, so had half bread and half muffins. Might make 2 nice smallish hamburger buns so I might try that in future. However, I missed my muffins so I ate half the bread and had some muffins too, but that upped my oat bran intake by probs 1 tbspn and I feel quite FULL at the mo. I guess I'm too attached to my muffins - or maybe it's the morning ritual I'm attached to, the muffins, coffee and yoghurt. The bread threw me off :)

Oh I am a gadget girl, I probably can't count how many I've got that I've never used or used just once. If it belongs in the kitchen, I must have one. :) My sister even sends me little gadgets from the US sometimes. If it slices and dices and juliennes I own it!

I had to try and make my menus a bit more interesting, I didn't think I'd get bored with just plain old grilled chicken breast w/cajun seasoning but it happened. So I'm in a sauce phase right now - trying every which way to make a decent sauce w/o any corn flour and so far I've only come up with this: simmer it down, let it reduce by 1/2 and then add yoghurt. It's not all that thick but it seems nice and creamy so it's satisfying the sauce need. Will need to make up another batch of broth soon...

Dog still a nut job, but maybe it's losing some of its intensity (or is that wishful thinking?).

Cornflour is a tollerated though CG, is it a teaspoon a day?????

Back