my lipotrim diary...

aw thanks, not too long to go now!
replied to your other thread as well - its nice to have a bit of something different to drink - I think you do need the change sometimes!

Well, stepped on the scales this morning and another pound off. Hurrah!

Yesterday, day 3, wasn't too bad. I was having a lazy day at home. Despite a few slightly dizzy periods I felt pretty good. In fact, yesterday morning, if I could have found my sports bra I probably would have gone out for a run. Was freezing cold also, so carrying my hot water bottle around with me and was a bit cheeky and drank some very dilute low salt vegetable buillon. Yum!

I only managed 2 packs again yesterday, which I know is really bad. They taste really... salty? Having trouble getting them down. I'm thinking of making the 80mile round trip to see my nearest Cambridge diet councillor, just so I can have a bit more variety.

It's odd because I don't feel hungry as such anymore. I get the odd tummy grumble which I quash with a good glug of water. I do however keep seeing food and thinking that it looks so tasty. For example, there's a picture in a magazine I have with baked sweet potato loaded with chilli (which I would usually use Quorn for). That's lined up for a meal once I'm back down to target.

I have also been able to reasses what made me so damned fat in the first place. I would say the vast majority of my old diet was very healthy; low fat, low salt, low GI (You should see our cupboards full of wholefoods!) and tons of vegetables. But I have also been able to realise my biggest downfall: Emotional eating & binging.

Before this plan, I would eat healthily Monday to Friday, then at the weekend whilst I was on call or Fiance was at work would literally STUFF my face. Often to the point where I would feel nauseous, but often feeling like I would have to conceal the evidence before fiance got home. For example, a big 4 pack of muffins, well, I couldn't leave just 1 or 2 could I? Stuff the rest down & put the box in the wheelie bin before he gets in. Similarly, a tube of Pringles, a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's, packets of Biscuits, even whole packets of Chorizo & Morazella cheese!!!

So, here I am, thinking of all those yummy foods, but actually able to stop myself from eating them. I know there's lovely fresh bread downstairs & hummous in the fridge, but I have the willpower (Ok, 4 days worth) to say no. Am I actually hungry? No. So don't eat.

I think as long as I can remember this attitude and stay strong I should be able break this viscious cycle of binge-diet-binge-diet. If only I remember that everything is ok in moderation.

Sorry, got a bit philosophical there!!

Anyways, roll on day 4, I'm ready for ya!

Hi Ponypony! Good to read your thread and your journey...you are doing great so far! I think all of us have spent time trying to understand how we have ended up being overweight....as we know so much about what is healthy and what food we "should" be eating..... most of us would link emotional stuff to overeating and thinking about it hopefully means we wont fall into the trap again......best of luck with the rest of your journey.

Thanks Bea.

I have to say all of you are so inspirational. Three and a half stone just feels like such a lot of weight to lose; you feel like you will never be able to make it. Until you see how far you've all come.

:):):)

I felt the same when I started too..but after a few weeks you really feel you can do it and its amazing to feel the pounds drop off and your clothes get too big!!!!

Pony.... well done you!!! You've got just the right frame of mind to succeed, its going to go by so fast you'll be at goal before you realise.

Hmm if you are still struggling with the LT flavours it would probably be worth travelling to your nearest CDC, as there is much mroe choice and they do actually taste a hell of a lot better than LT. I did about 11 weeks of LT and would have gone insane (or just given up) if I hadnt changed to CD. You also get the water flavourings too which really help, and a vegetable/bouillon water flavour too which is great hot. If you can arrange to go every 2-3 weeks it wont seem like such a trek!

Yay yay yay!! Thought I could taste something funny in my mouth today.

Just popped into work on way home from doing my horse & going swimming to grab some urine dipsticks........

AND I HAVE KETONES!!!! :happy036:

Wow, I feel so flippin fantastic. And I still need to force another 2 packs down my neck before bedtime.

Ps anyone else's partner a bit dubious about the diet??? Fiance officially thinks I'm mad, doesn't want any diet chat with me, and even asked if it contained amphetamines :eek: as my lengths were so speedy tonight..........

Pony - BRILLIANT NEWS! You'll be whizzing along now at a rate of knots! :D

:happy036:

Just a thought, Charlotte posted earlier in this thread about essences - you could try putting a bit into the shakes to ring the changes and add a little more flavour!

My fella has been really supportive of the whole process, especially as its given me so much more confidence - I think he feels like he now has a fit new bit of totty lol! There was an interesting thread on the LL forum I think, about OHs wanting their partners to put on weight once they had got to goal. I dont know if maybe some guys may find it a bit of a threat that we lose all this weight and so are much more attractive to other men. LOL, blokes eh?! :cool:

Ponypony! Well done getting into Ketosis - its soooo much easier when you are in the zone!

Elle... I give up trying to understand blokes! LOL My hubby has been so brilliant while I am on LT - he has been worried that I will keep the weight off as I had worked so hard to get this far....so it just made me even more determined to get on sensible eating plan when at target....

I feel a bit flat today. Headachey & tired.

Am still in ketosis so all's good on that front.

Am a bit disappointed that weight is the same as yesterday (I know I can't keep losing a pound a day, but it felt so good!), and I am really struggling to take the packs. I'm drinking so much water that I seriously am not hungry, and the packs just make me feel a ill. I made a chicken soup pack into crisps last night (which were almost as vile as having it as a soup), and my strawberry shake for breakfast induced a gag reflex.

Bummer, think I used all of my good vibes up yesterday. Can't face going back to work this afternoon as we are fully booked with appointments every 10mins from 2pm till 6pm, and it's such hard work!!

Aaaaaaah, help!

Oh Pony....sorry you are having a bad day....when I started LT - I could only really "enjoy" the vanilla shake and had it most days...then my taste buds changed and all of a sudden I had no problem with all the flavours!! If it persists - you should take Elle's advice and try CD as there are sooooo many flavours to choose from you will find something you like...

In the meantime keeping busy is the best way of keep you distracted.....keep the focus!

Essences

Hi Girlies

Im in my third week on lipotrim, have just had a read of
all your posts and im wondering if I you guys use the essences some of you were speaking about that peppermint sound nice with the choc???

Just also wanna add have read some of your stories and you really are all an inspiration to me :D:D:D

Rachel
xx

Just try get though the day without cheating and tomorrow is a new day. Its amazing how one day you feel crap then the next on top of the world. Its a great feeling being in bed knowing at the end of the day you've not cheated and now you are in Ketosis the fat is being burned all day long.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
x

Hi Pony, Sorry to hear you are having a bad day! It will be better by tomorrow honestly. Just get through today and go home and run a hot bath and have a early night. I bet you will wake up tomorrow and look at yourself in the mirror or notice a difference in the shower to the size of your thighs etc and it will help you keep going!! You really are doing great and you sound as if you are really in the right place mentally to lose the weight. x

Pony... its true, honestly, it will get better. On days 4 and 5 I really nearly gave it all up, I was in a total state, I was a nightmare. I was in floods of tears and hysterics. You *will* get through it, just keep on going because its worth a couple of days of feeling like utter sh*t to achieve your dream! When you feel low, just think about what you are going to do when you get to goal, and think of all the lovely new clothes you will be buying in small sizes. You CAN do this!

Aw, thanks guys for your support, you are so fab!

Well, I made it through the afternoon consults at work. I figured I'm feeling so poop today because I haven't been able to drink as much water as I have been doing. We are not allowed drinks in the consults so I have to keep dashing out the back for refreshments and gold spot! (Luckily most of my patients smell so bad themselves that the owners shouldn't notice my honking breath).

Tonight should be ok, keep glugging the old water, will maybe make a chocolate bar out of the chocolate pack and will prob have my sneaky half can of coke zero (which fiance loves cos he gets the rest & I don't normally allow us fizzy drinks in the house) whilst watching some telly. And reading a trashy celeb magazine!!

Roll on tomorrow!

Sounds good....hubby just arrived home with a bottle of fizzy water and OK and Hello under his arm...he calls me a cheap date - but that's me sorted for hours after our little guy goes to bed!! Bliss

LOL, Bea, when you think about what pre-LT evenings were like, how far we have all come! Did you ever think that you would be happy to spend an evening with a bottle of fizzy water?! I certainly didnt :)

Ok AND hello??

Boy, you are a lucky girl!

I was going to go all out at the weekend and get Ok but kerry bloody katona was on the cover and I just plain refuse to buy it with her!

So I settled for Now magazine - has anyone seen how amazing Natalie Cassidy (Sonia from eastenders) looks?? She must've been on a vlcd or something because she's lost so much weight so quickly.

Back