My Little Diet Diary

F@$k it, 11.5! Not happy tbh but can't do anything about it now, annoying though, other than that just gotta get back on it asap after the bday meals! :cool:

Not happy not happy at all, forgot how much it can f you off when the scale moves the wrong way, totally got the hump ... Headache, been up since 4am and now also feel ma:thumbdown:ssively f'd off. Also on a stinky tube where someone keeps farting, weather is ****, just want to be at home, sulking, ha, this is a crappy day

Not happy not happy at all, forgot how much it can f you off when the scale moves the wrong way, totally got the hump ... Headache, been up since 4am and now also feel massively f'd off :(

Also stuck on a stinky tube where someone keeps farting, totally disgusting, the weather is ****, I feel like Vicky off CBB, A MISERABLE COW, just want to be at home, sulking, ha, this is a crappy day :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Breakfast soya light n porridge
Snack a few cashews and a babybel
lunch, roast chicken and super green salad

Tons of water, two black coffee

Husband took my for a Thai for my birthday, caught my reflection in the door walking in, yikes .. never fail these last year's to think, who is that!? Anyway didn't stop me having a gorgeous meal, not going to bother listing as obvs was.bad, and wine ...completely delicious but felt huge after, bloated Central!!!

When I started this journey again I said I wasn't going to let losing weight get in the way of having a life, as in the past I took out all to far. But it does make you struggle, I think should I give up is life too short, but I am having the best of both worlds shouldn't be defeatist, it might take longer to reach my goal, but all the good meals make me feel so much better already and so I need to stay positive and not let the stupid negative part of my brain screw with me.

Anyway going away for the day/night so going to make healthy choices as much as possible, see you on the other side, and if anyone does read these ramblings (of a mad woman :) ) I wish you all nothing but love and luck and all the best in your lives and on your personal journeys. Xxxx

Peace out! :D

Attachments

• IMAG1237_1.jpg
    IMAG1237_1.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Been away, started off okay then at the end fell off big time eating crisps and biscuits, bacon, buttery toast, croissant, too much wine. Scary how quickly that can happen. Back on it as of this morning!!

Also felt really crappy after drinking (too much) wine a couple of days in a row, worried that after that big night last weekend I have seriously screwed my liver up. Going to avoid booze...! I know from the past that also after eating healthily if I fall off even slightly, eating something 'junky' can make me feel pony!!

Anyway ordered some kettle bells and a couple of kettle bell work out DVDs from Amazon yesterday with my bday vouchers, I know I need to get on the exercise and have putting it off for some reason, so hopefully this will kick me up the arse!

Read someone else saying they write their diary for them to stay on track and to help them keep on it, and that's exactly the same for me, it's like a place to brain dump, it's brilliant. It feels safe to say what you want, even though you know it isn't actually private, or even if no-one else ever reads it, it's there for you to track and log and blurt out all your diet and food related thoughts, neurosis, good and bad days etc. And mostly it provides a massive sense of comfort to realise and see your not alone, tons of us really are dealing with the same ****, same struggles, same ups, same downs etc. It can be easy to forget that and become cocooned. And it's so positive to read the journeys and see people winning the battle, even if it's sometimes a tough fight, it keeps you going. So glad I found it.

Last edited:
Thinking of adjusting my goal weight to 9 stone, I spent the majority of my late teens, twenties and thirties at an average of 8 stone but is that really realistic at 43 and do I want to be super skinny, no I don't, as everyone seems to think I look better with some curves and I know my face will look older, as I have less lines now than five years ago and nooo it's not botox, despite living in Essex :p, I am not into that crap! :eek: (Sorry if anyone that may read this is a fan, each to their own, and never say never!!) but it's that I really think a little more weight in the face is a good thing as you get older, it makes you look younger and softens lines. :thumbup:

Anyway I have a super long way to go yet anyway, but just thinking after reading diaries and talking with a friend, maybe I don't need to go so low. Anyway I will keep plodding on, it's much harder than I thought and currently I am not feeling super optimistic but hoping that some little tweaks and exercise will help things in the right direction.

On the positive side though I bought some new jeans a few weeks ago but my muffin top stopped me wearing them as I felt very conscious of it the first time I went to wear them. This weekend I wore them and my stomach felt much flatter no muffin, so even though the scales hadn't shifted something good must have happened as the tummy is flatter, there is hope yet :D

Wishing all minimins love and luck in your journeys :thumbup:

Xxxx

Breakfast, porridge and soya light
Snack 28g Brazil nuts
Lunch, m'n's super food salad, half the dressing and some smoked mackerel
Snack, melon and grapes, 2 oatcakes
Dinner, little something I call mushroom mess ... see pic and you will know why :) = 2 mushrooms, 1 egg, 3 egg whites, black pepper, rock salt, spring onion, chives... Looks unappetizing but actually tastes pretty good :)

Black coffee, black tea, lots of water
Oh and one tea with soya light

Attachments

• IMAG1309_1.jpg
    IMAG1309_1.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG1314.jpg
    IMAG1314.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Haha, bless you, thank you, and looove it, onwards and downwards it is :D

Last edited:
A great little tip when I want something sweet is to have a Tea Pigs Liquorice and peppermint tea, it's sweet enough to stop the cravings :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

nutritional content [per 100ml]
energy [kcalories] 1 calorie
sugar nil
fat nil
carbohydrate trace
Dairy free
Gluten free
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans
This tea contains liquorice - people with hypertension should avoid excessive consumption

Attachments

• 554-3002133-LIQUORICEANDPEPPERMINT_M.jpg
    554-3002133-LIQUORICEANDPEPPERMINT_M.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Tube delays and I want to eat the world, sooo hungry!!

Breakfast, porridge and soya light
Snack, banana and 2 oatcakes
Lunch, chicken, super green salad, 5 mikado
Snack, babybel and a small pear
Dinner, 1 cup of wholemeal pasta, 1/2 cup of tomato and chili sauce, 1 glass white wine!!! :thumbup:

Treat for tube hell xxx not a dipso... :eek::confused::eek:

Oh and ended up getting a mini haul at boots waiting for tubes to work again, smashbox palette, and estee lauder new perfume Modern Muse, sooo nice :D

Black tea, black coffee, water!!!

Attachments

• 1379443129344.jpg
    1379443129344.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG1322.jpg
    IMAG1322.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG1317.jpg
    IMAG1317.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Today has been quite good, but probably could have been better, but had board mtg however ordered a super healthy salad platter from Pod, so overall ok I think but probably ate more than I have been for lunch.

Brekkie, soya light with porridge
One flat white from Pret
Snack, banana
Lunch, raw broccoli, raw carrot, one boiled egg, quarter cup of houmous, plain shredded chicken half a cup, wholemeal flat bread, falafel
Snack, fresh fruit salad and 5 mikado, 1 tea with soya light
Dinner, one cup of brown rice, one cup of homemade mixed bean curry. One white wine (my downfall)

Lots of water, 2 black coffees, 1 black tea

According to Noom I am at 1492 cals for the day...

Usual around 30mins plus of walking throughout the day, but still need to exercise properly but kettle bells being delivered tomorrow, so I need to get on it!!! X

Last edited:
Feel like I am caving already, need to try to stay motivated, sleeping has been rubbish and i keep waking up in the early hours ...which doesn't help. Need to keep positive. Scared about weighing myself. Don't know whether to do it or not this week... As I know if nothing has changed I am going to be sooo fed up. But ... Overall on the bright side I am eating much better and much more healthily and much less than before, much smaller portions especially at night so that is good. Being as consistent as possible, I just need to try not to self sabotage, which I know I have a huge tendency to do ... And not just with food :eek:

But I also know I need to not give myself a hard time or give into that mean, super perfectionist voice in my head. God I don't know why I can be so horrible to myself some times but I know that is the worst thing I can do so I must keep trying not to let that voice in and to be nice, understanding and kind to myself.

Probably sound like a loony .. insomnia ramblings...must try to sleep now, been awake since 130, thank god I am working from home first thing so can try to have a lie in.... :thumbup:

Was supposed to weigh in this morning and didn't, too scared of not seeing a loss and it demotivating me massively. Might do in a bit but have eaten breakfast now, so might wait until next week.... :confused:

Ok bit the bullet and it's 11.4 straight after coffee and breakfast, so can I chalk that extra pound up to that haha, given that I was really off my diet for 5 days last week I can live with that!! So onwards and downwards xxx :thumbup:

Kettle bells arrived, looking forward to trying them, and got the two DVD's below, all with my bday Amazon vouchers, I love an at home DVD!! Nell McAndrew was always my favorite, but wanted to get some good weight training in at home as cancelled my gym membership, so will see how these go, have dumbbells but thought these might spice it up and give me new incentive.

I get soooo frustrated with myself as I love exercise and I know it makes me feel so good, but since my insomnia started I really struggle to get out of bed but just do it, instead of cuddling the cats for an hour, anyway fingers crossed, just gotta make myself get back in the habit > mind over (lazy) body :rolleyes::):eek:

Breakfast, porridge, soya light, two black coffees, water
Snack, no time didn't have one, so was starving by the time I got to work!!!
Lunch, pack of poached salmon and super food salad from Marks
Snack, 4 oatcakes, 2 laughing cow lite
Dinner, here's the kicker, drinks with work, did I have water, Noooo, 3 white wines and a packet of crisps, no wonder the scales don't move :banghead:

Ashamed to say then had a plate of pesto spaghetti, with some grated cheese, two squares of lindt

Feel ashamed even admitting it on here, as I wasn't going to have any dinner to make up for the pub, no wonder the scales are not moving... However I am determined not to launch into a tirade of self abuse! And start all that self hate crap!! Will keep trying and remembering overall I am still being so much better

Night and if anyone does read this, sorry for being a loony :eek:

Attachments

• IMAG1349_1.jpg
    IMAG1349_1.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG1350_1.jpg
    IMAG1350_1.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Glad you took the bull by the horns and weighed in because otherwise you would have been anxious about it for another week :553:

Thanks honey, you are right I would have been and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Just annoyed with myself about last night now and my lack of will power but got to let it go, it's another day. Hope you are doing good?

Feel pretty crappy today, tired and feel those three glasses of wine :(

But it's Friday!! Not going to spend the day berating myself, one of my worse faults is giving myself a hard time and it doesn't help. So...Going to take some motivation from everyone doing so well and try to keep positive. Onwards and downwards!! :)

Breakfast, usual alpen sachet with soya light, 2.5 black coffees, water
Snack, handful Brazil nuts, about 20 grams
Lunch, roast chicken and marks' super green salad, 5 mikado, tea with soya light.
snack, baby bel light, herbal tea, more water
dinner, chicken breast, cup of rice and beans, 1 tbs of light salad cream

two white wines and a pack of nik naks

I think I should rename my diet the dippy dipso diet or the wine diet :eek:... However according to my noom log I am at 1509 cals for the day. I can live with it, but yes I so need to up my game and ditch the booze if I want to speed my loss up ... Or at least cut it back a bit more. Let's see what this week's weigh in brings (after last week's bday endless meals skewed things) I am still 4lbs lighter than when I started so that's something!!! xxx

Attachments

• IMAG1352.jpg
    IMAG1352.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG1355_1.jpg
    IMAG1355_1.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back