My Little Diet Diary

Hi Igg

Just popped to say hello. I will read your diary later. What height are you? what is clean and lean or clean and clear? Im an all or nothing type of girl, like you. Saw your pics. Well done for being brave! I've got a few pics on my diary too. Mistakenly put them on some guys diary!

Have a nice day :) x

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7

Hi Igg

Just popped to say hello. I will read your diary later. What height are you? what is clean and lean or clean and clear? Im an all or nothing type of girl, like you. Saw your pics. Well done for being brave! I've got a few pics on my diary too. Mistakenly put them on some guys diary!
Have a nice day :) x

Hi :) Haha, omg that's so funny that you but them on a guys diary by mistake, I didn't even think about men being on here!! :eek: I honestly debated taking them off again as the thought of anyone I know seeing them makes me cringe, but thank you though.

I am 5.3; I used to do a lot of weight training and exercise a few years ago and I followed a clean diet based on bodybuilding diet which is lots of lean protein, veggies, healthy carbs etc avoiding processed and junk food. I am trying to follow that again but not being as strict as before, and without the exercise the results are not as dramatic, but I really want something that's sustainable long term, you know, so that it's just the way I eat period .. but I think I have to accept that it means results will be much slower, particularly as I do keep succumbing to white wine!!!

However on the positive been comparing my diet these last 3 week's to how I was eating before, and it's immensely better and the amounts I am consuming have halved and the junk is minimal compared to before, and 4lbs loss in three weeks although not dramatic is at least a step in the right direction! Just got to keep that motivation going. Sorry didn't mean this to be so long!! :)

Have a good day too xxx

Ps bought the clean and lean book as someone recommend it on here, but embarrassingly haven't read more than a few pages yet, it's been sitting on the table for 3 week's, was going to use it as a kick start, really must get round to that ;)

Last edited:
Breakfast, 2 slices of Vogels soya and linseed bread toasted with whole earth peanut butter, thinly spread, two black coffees
Snack, one egg dry fried, with one slice of Vogels soya and linseed, water
Lunch, one chicken breast with lemon and black pepper, the other half of that tilda bean and rice pack from last night, one tbs of light salad cream, water
Dinner, family dinner at Prezzo for my dad, brother and nephew, made good choices (tricolore salad then salmon fillet) but ...party back at mine after and a lot of wine (?!!!*#!) and Project fm:cool:

This week I kept getting thoughts of not necessarily giving up or what's the point if the pounds are not falling off, but thinking I could do more, be stricter, eat less, but I am really fighting this negative thinking. Before I was eating what I wanted when I wanted, with no thought to calories, content, if it was a sensible choice or not healthy. Since changing the way I eat I am now again considering what I eat, eating lots more salad and veg and lean protein, eating much less starchy carbs and fats and sugar, thinking more about what I put in my mouth and the consequences of those choices and trying to make healthy choices but still have a balanced diet and enjoy the times I do go out. I don't feel hungry all the time and more importantly I am not thinking about food 24/7 and my next meal all the time, which I have struggled with in the past. So although the scales are not whizzing down, I have averaged a lb a week loss. If things stop or go the wrong way I will need to reconsider and jiggle things a bit, but I gots to keep it positive y'all :cool: negative thinking sucks...

Off to try my kettle bells , whoop whoop! :)

Last edited:
Did my first kettle bell work out, loved it, sweaty!! Can't believe my knees are still hurting from high heels last Friday night. Must be my age, need to investigate a good joint supplement!!

Kettle bell DVD was excellent, did the intro workout this time.

Attachments

• IMAG1358.jpg
    IMAG1358.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 64
Read all your diary now. your food looks gorgeous ;)
Well done for the kettlebell workout! i tried some in the gym and was crippled the next day! I was also fit. This time last year I exercised loads but was still a bit podgy (marathons, half marathons and triathlons) got an injury and PILED the weight on. changed gyms because I didn't want anyone to see me really fat. It's really embarrassing in my new gym. I'm like a whale. The Lycra gets over stretched! However, I know I've got to start somewhere. In just getting back into exercise again.bom literally back at the beginning.

Think I'll do a daily exercise challenge until I go on holiday in about 33 days time. U up for that? Even if its just an abs workout. Imagine you'd be like Popeye if you did kettlebells every day!

I'm 42, so nearly same as you and like you, I get p'd off if i don't like the number on the scales. It puts me right off. Last time I did this, I didn't weigh. Weighing weekly now and just hope I don't get disappointed!

Hope you ate winning :) x

13st 2 BMI 37.2

Did my first kettle bell work out, loved it, sweaty!! Can't believe my knees are still hurting from high heels last Friday night. Must be my age, need to investigate a good joint supplement!!

Kettle bell DVD was excellent, did the intro workout this time.

Whoops....

I thought kettle exercises led to cup of tea exercises :ashamed0005:

Haha that too :) one in each hand lol

Read all your diary now. your food looks gorgeous ;)
Well done for the kettlebell workout! i tried some in the gym and was crippled the next day! I was also fit. This time last year I exercised loads but was still a bit podgy (marathons, half marathons and triathlons) got an injury and PILED the weight on. changed gyms because I didn't want anyone to see me really fat. It's really embarrassing in my new gym. I'm like a whale. The Lycra gets over stretched! However, I know I've got to start somewhere. In just getting back into exercise again.bom literally back at the beginning.

Think I'll do a daily exercise challenge until I go on holiday in about 33 days time. U up for that? Even if its just an abs workout. Imagine you'd be like Popeye if you did kettlebells every day!

I'm 42, so nearly same as you and like you, I get p'd off if i don't like the number on the scales. It puts me right off. Last time I did this, I didn't weigh. Weighing weekly now and just hope I don't get disappointed!

Hope you ate winning :) x

Oh god I really feel you on the moving gyms, I cancelled mine and now got a home made mini gym in the living room gathering dust ;)

I used to love running too, I have only done one half marathon, I used to prefer shorter runs like 5 and 10k, would like to get back into it at some point although a bit worried about my knees...!! Sounds like you were really into it, injury is so annoying when it stops you training, but you will get back there :)

Haha ref Popeye!!! I can just see me with a pipe and sailors cap.

Definitely up for a daily exercise challenge that's a really good idea, then we can stick in our diaries what we did each day, I am in!!

Yeah the weighing is so tricky as it can make you want to through the towel in if it's not what you want to see. I will play it by ear, but if it starts to feel really negative at any point I will stop doing it I think.

Where are you going on hols,? I bet you can't wait :)

Xxxx

Going to Vietnam. Hi chi Minh then onto Nha trang. Only away for a week (teacher) flying out to meet oh :) x

13st 2 BMI 37.2

That sounds very interesting... not long to go now!
That's a great incentive too.
Keep up the good work.

Sorry Igg..just realised I've hi-jacked your diary..:booboo:

Hijack anytime, all good :)

Going to Vietnam. Hi chi Minh then onto Nha trang. Only away for a week (teacher) flying out to meet oh :) x

13st 2 BMI 37.2

Wow that sounds amazing!!!! I would love to go there, have a fab time, :)

Morning Igg

Lying in bed, wondering what exercise I'll do today!

Abs feel seriously tender from yesterday... Love it :) x

13st 2 BMI 37.2

Something gentle and stretchy and a nice long walk?

Well done you :character00115:

Hey :)

Sorry I have been awol today, I went to an event locally called A Day of Calm, which a friend of mind helped organise, it was fantastic and so relaxing, they had the hall set up really well with sections for each therapist, it was dimly lit with a sound bath and lots of different types of therapists, you could have full length treatments or 20 minute tasters. I had a massage, crystal healing therapy and best of all a 40 minute Thai yoga massage with a lovely lady called Sam Gilmour. I felt so sore from kettle bells yesterday, especially my legs as it's tons of squats, anyway in the yoga massage she basically stretches you out completely, it's like a work out without doing anything as she puts you into all the stretches and uses her body for resistance etc. It was soooo amazing!!! Usually it lasts 90 minutes for the full treatment, I can't wait to do that, definitely going to book one!

I am not sure it really counts but please can I have that as my exercise for today!!? She did say its called the lazy workout :)

Oh then I feel asleep having the massage and woke myself up snoring .. doh!!!!

Hope you all had a lovely Sunday xxx

Last edited:
I went for yoga Pilates which nearly liked me and an hour in the gym (30 mins cardio/30 mins and, weights and stretch) shower time now! Might go for a walk because its a nice day

Wow!! Well done honey, that's brilliant, you did really good!!! I feel really lazy now :D

I need to up my game tomorrow.

Hope the abs are recovering, my butt is tender from squats, looove that feeling though when you know it's cuz you worked hard, it's a good pain xxxx

Thanks honey, enjoy the rest of your night, look forward to our workouts tomorrow :) xx

Back