My Loss = My gain and His loss -new hair photo added

thanks girls
I know its ok but its just nice and I dont do nice - it makes me vulnerable
hair dresser just phoned me to have an extra consult going in monday at one

Kaydan and I have been for our first planned walk we didnt get far I did 11 mins out and got to a particular junction then on the way back - we retraced our steps it took me 17mins so a total of 28mins and I did 2.01km
so its a start it was real planned walking not just go to town
we did that then we got in the car to go to pets at home for a cat carrier - when we go on holiday he can go in that on the back seat with my spinning wheel - his crate will be folded to take with us and then we can put other necessary items around him the crate would take far too much room on the back seat and I really dont want him in his bag on my lap for that amount of time

walking music was alanis morrissette :) just what happend to come on the mp3 the first thing I walked to was the fit pod :):)

tomorrow I will most likely do the same thing take him for a walk at some point in the day I will go for the same amount of time and just try to get further over the next week or so
I dont think at this stage I should try for longer time and longer distance it would be too much so for now I will try to cover more distance in the same time as that will help me regain and more normal walking speed - oh and four mins of that were done with no stick :)

Love all the forward planning there H. and you cant beat a bit of ms Morrisette !!

You are sounding so much brighter and it's wonderful to see.

( and am sad that Oldbury is not in Dorset- I know cos I checked on googlemaps !LOL)

( and am sad that Oldbury is not in Dorset- I know cos I checked on googlemaps !LOL)
that is SO funny

the nearest I get to you is either warwick or banbury when we visit up that way :0

I think we have everything we need for Kaydan for his first camping trip :)

I think he is going to be terrorising the big dogs he keeps chasing them around - they walk to the kitchen he has to run to keep up today I am sure his snout is getting longer (no not Pinocchio style) puppies have squashed faces and they need to grow into their features he will soon be looking less puppy like (as in generic puppy look) and more like a mini dachshund - exciting times - however I dont really care what he looks like he is so cute - and here I am saying that after years of saying I am not a puppy person

Dh has just got home from work and is preparing the runner beans for dinner
we are having
me quorn him chicken
runner beans
black kale
carrots - all fresh from the garden
he will have potatoes I wont bother - I would rather have the extra beans

I have a fabric cutter and I bleached my combats (not deliberately) so was going to cut out some patches and appliqué them on - but I loaned it to a friend and she has gone on holiday without returning it grrrrrrr

Kaydan has just stolen a runner bean :):)

on todays agenda
a trip to the sorting office as while I was out yesterday I missed a parcel
so to walk or to drive - I think I might use it as my walk and time it so I have a target for the future - to be able to walk it quicker
I need to vacuum the downstairs
and I want to do some cooking
I will do a cake and a savoury tray bake that dh can take slices of for his lunch or I can have with a salad for a lunch
will need to check recipes to see if I have all necessary ingredients

Kaydan seems to be learning to become an attack dog - problem is he is using my arms - I keep having to shove a toy in his mouth

food for today will be
protein shake - ok not slimming world but I do need mega amounts of protein to heal
haloumi salad
homemade quorn spag bol
top up on fruit if I need it

so not the worlds most interesting menu but I have learnt if I make my food too exciting I do tend to eat more - I am better sticking to a limited menu

Kaydan and I will also be working on bite inhibition - before I lose my hands - he is a young puppy and did not learn all he could from his mum and litter mates - so now it is down to me to teach him - so out comes the clicker :) and the one cal treats

The home grown veg sounds great, one day when we get a bigger house we maybe able to do that too but for now all I grow is herbs. Like the sound of your tray bake as well, never heard of that, you'll have to take a photo.

As for Kayden growing into his features when I'd shown a photo to Mark he said to me that he doesn't look like a daxi which is probably why!

Have a lovely day today x

Helen I think all puppies just look like puppies to start with

right I have been to the sorting office it took me 17 mins to get there then I reset the timer and it took me
25 to get back and I have to say I am exhausted - the knee is not painful but I can feel it but it feels odd rather than painful so I am pleased with that

so into the kitchen shortly but first I really do need to rest a bit

well I did do the sorting office as I said - it was a step or two too far me thinks
I also stood in the kitchen preparing the savoury bake - nice could be used as either finger food for a lunch box or with a salad
cake that is still whole and untouched :):) I did fancy some but have not yet had any so that is good

make DH stuffed marrow rings using venison mince tomatoes mushrooms onions and herbs all he needs to do is shove it in the oven

I was going to make me a pasta bake but far too tired so I came to bed for a rest and slept for two hours - cant believe that - I obviously needed it
for my dinner tonight I will be having a ready made spinach and ricottata cannelloni as I really dont have the energy to make myself a pasta bake - I will do that tomorrow

I might have a few chips and half the cannelloni I think that will be more than enough

well done on the walk :hug99: but no overdoing it :hug99:

tea sounds yummy :D not sure what I'll have yet as they have bacon butties tonight as footy so might just do jacket spuds as cant be bothered to cook today.

If you needed the rest then you needed it mate :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

there I was in the middle of my morning update and windows closed to update itself so I lost my post

I hope you all have a wonderful day

I realised that a whole ready meal would be really high in calories and off the slimming world scale - so I had half a portion with 100g of rustic chips and some salad far fewer calories and it was nicer and healthier too

so I went to bed about 11 and slept right through to 7 this morning after not sleeping for so long to have so much sleep seems unnatural - however I must have needed it

on my agenda for today
quick wizz round the loo and bathroom then I will have a nice leisurely bath with bubbles and a magazine
I will then finish spinning some yarn I have on my spinning wheel - it will need to be plied when I have finished it and I want to take my wheel with me on holiday - roll on next friday :)
then I have a craft project I would like to do and some knitting too - I have some wonderful 3 ply cashmere that I am knitting double of big needles to make an open work sweater I am using this pattern
Loosely knitted DROPS sweater in Vivaldi ~ DROPS Design
which I have changed quite a bit I am knitting it in the round
I am changing the length of the sleeves and I am changing the neck to a cowl neck if I have enough yarn - I bought two hanks and there is 900m per hank I am using it double
I should have enough for the sweater with the alterations - any spare I will make a cashmere scarf - knitting with luxury yarns is so much nicer than knitting with acrylic - yarn snob me :):) I think not

so those are my plans for today - all interspersed with puppy and big dog cuddles :)

positives
I dont remember the last time I weighed myself
I have recognised I need a day of rest
I slept :)
Dinner for tonight is prepared so I dont need to cook from scratch today just pop everything in to warm through and cook some of the veggies I prepared yesterday

not so positive but it will be when I have done some - I will do some ironing today

marrow bake recipe

450g grated marrow or courgette squeezed dry
1tbl spoon dried rosemary powdered
50g parmesan
100g self raising wholemeal flour
find diced onion (1)
lots of black pepper
three eggs
75 ml olive oil

beat eggs and oil with rosemary black pepper and grated parmesan add in all ingredients apart from flour and mix well
sift in flour and fold in should be consistency of a fruit cake batter if too thick add water
pour into a shallow dish 20 x 30 cm and bake in oven
gas mark 4 for 35 mins or golden on top check with a knife like cooking a cake when cool cut into 12 pieces

verdict its quite nice will need to work out calories or syns calories if cut into 12 pieces is 110 per piece
not bad

Attachments

• savoury marrow bake.jpg
    savoury marrow bake.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'll have to have a try of this one:drool:

its a great way of using up marrow and most likely a good way of hiding veggies from kids too

well today I have been trying to finish spinning some autumnal coloured art yarn - fist I finished spinning the lovely blend of silk bluefaced leicester merino ribbon etc then it needed plying - it was at this stage I realised I have a small puppy with an identity crisis - he wanted to play with the ball of yarn - now I thought that was kittens

I have spent some time today trying to teach him kiss - he kept nibbling my fingers but when he licked I told him kiss and good boy then I asked for kiss and he gave me a kiss every time I asked - most likely I will have to re teach this over a few days but at least he wants to be learning things :):)

he knows exactly where the cat eat and goes and waits by her bowl at cat feeding time - she lets him in to eat so now I give him a few puppy biscuits :)

so today did not go to plan
my bath did not happen
I got in the bath with the cold taps still running a bit went to turn it off and it broke - water still pouring out and so bath would be too cold - I got out used the water to wash my rinse my hair (I had washed it and it had conditioner on it) phoned dh to ask him about getting bath panel off (I could not find philips screwdriver in the shed) he rushed home and sorted it

so then I did two loads of washing

and then I did a lovely blend of fibres

including
silk
bluefaced leicester
merino
angelina fibres
lovely soft black bamboo
alpaca

that mix will be spun into yarn as soon as I can clear the spinning wheel

right back to the spinning now that Kaydan has fallen asleep :):)

Was going to say the bath sounds bliss until I read further down.. Oops but lovely hubby to the rescue.

The spinning sounds really interesting, do you make a lot of your own tops? X

Thanks Jane as long as you have bubbles that would be good

Jackie every time I dropped a ball of yarn the little *** pounced on it like a cat and would not give it up - then he started to worry it :):)

Helen I do knit and crochet the last couple of things have been art yarn scarves but I do have a cashmere sweater on the needles at the moment - I however did not spin that yarn
I will be knitting a few baby things for a friend with some hand spun -

I am enjoying the meditative qualities of the spinning - I will be doing one more lot of yarn before my holiday and I will be taking my wheel with me to do some spinning while away - I wont be able to walk as far as in past years so will spend more time back at the tent some days so that will give me something to do :)

I finished the hank of autumnal loveliness its now been washed and is in the garden dripping to set the twist as it dries

the new blend should be on the wheel by tomorrow :):)

just seen the time - dont know the last time I stayed up this late - think I will sleep through the night :):)

well I did sleep through but only until 5.20 so got dh to bring lap top up to bed
Kaydan has had his breakfast and dh has brought him back up to me - DH is now going to walk the big dogs
today I was going to go to town - but its wet and windy out there so I most likely wont bother
I have one more lot of fibres to blend for my next creation - I want to have it ready and the wheel cleared for travel
I will then make up the package with perhaps some spun yarn and needles and another package of a piece of denim some blended fibres and other goodies with a piece of denim and some felting needles :) - hopefully I will be able to find all that that will be a gift for a young friend who is off to university shortly and is leaving home for the first time :)

DH leaves for work at about 7.15 so I will get showered and dressed then
I am looking forward to my day - even without plans

I am sure listening to the slim pod and chill pod - oh and the exercise one too is helping me
not losing weight BUT not putting any on either
feel more motivated just to get out of bed in the mornings and picking up on 'doing things' like the pod says all movement is exercise

so positives so far today

I am motivated to begin my day
I have made positive plans for my day
I feel and am loved
I have a wonderful support network

2 days since I posted opps

yesterday I got up and had that long awaited bath with bubbles - a shower is fine to get clean but a bath is more relaxing - especially so since I was unable to get in and out of the bath for nearly 6 weeks - I now have one at least weekly = just because

then I got up and got ready to go out - we decided to go to a nearby town as they have a couple of cheap shops and I thought I might get some of those storage bags that you vacuum out to compress stuff = not a chance - oh well my fibres will have to continue to take up mega amounts of space then :) it was while I was out I came over with a headache from hell and infernal crawling - yes I had forgotten to take all my medication - including the tramadol - so we had to come home - I went to bed to see the worst of it out until the meds kicked in - what a total waste of a day

I have finished spinning the wool for a friend who is off to uni - it has been delivered to much excitement
and a second lot is also done ready for another gift for someone I know used to knit scarves - dont know if she still does I have also sorted some cotton scrim and will be felting onto that for a couple of pieces of art work that I can complete while I am away on holiday if I dont fancy spinning while I need resting time in the tent
also I am thinking of gifting one piece with some fibres and embellishments with felting needles etc to a friend so as to form a collaborative piece of felt to use for either art work to to make something else out of - will see how the felting goes today wet felting is a very time consuming and labour intensive project to undertake so it will all depend on how I feel - energy levels are not the best - I suppose the body is using what it wants from my diet to heal and I get the left overs to live with - bit like being pregnant

so today I need to do the wet felt - get all the camping stuff out of the loft and pack up the trailer tent better than it is - for instance the canvas and the poles will be put in the car and the trailer can then be loaded with everything in the cubby holes the canvass will be refolded to go over the trailer and the poles might be better off in the car with out clothes bags - in the car we will have two big dogs (in the back) kaydan in his travel box. his crate (folded) my spinning wheel, our clothes and anything else we can shove in there that we will need we have a box on the trailer for the dog food gas bottles and again anything we can shove in the spaces - most likely the heater kettle and light - keep all the electric stuff together - I havent even made a list yet and I am so frantic to do that - but as list making is one of my depression coping mechanisms I have refused to do it until now
today is plenty of time to do the list then it is a more normal response to things rather than something to help me cope

kaydan update
yesterday he barked for the first time - funny little noise
he now sits before getting his food put down
and I have bought a set of baby stacking beakers to play hunt the treat = thought mental it would be challenging for him - the first few times I will put a treat under a beaker and he can just see where it goes then I will put it under the same one but move them while his is out of the room he will then have to find the beaker not go to the place he thinks its at - I will then swap which beaker it is under - while he is not looking so he actually has to find it a simple game for a dog or a puppy but it makes them think with is just as tiring for them as walking is :)

so on my agenda
camping list to be written
camping packing to be done
felt to make
puppy to play with
farm to visit to get the fresh veg and do a bit of weeding

that sounds like a pretty good day to me - I will have to get up shortly to fit it all in :)

Sorry to hear you forgot to take your medication and it wrote off your day, must be awful.

I've never heard of wet felting before, sounds interesting.

Your car is going to be so full, hope you've got a fairly big car, doesn't hubby mind you taking your spinning wheel as it must be massive? Is it next weekend you go? I always right lists when I go away, I think it calms me down and helps me pack so much better.

Hope you have a good day today x

Oooh I did felting at uni - so much fun! Very hard work though so make sure you have snackies and keep your energy up! I used to find felting was brilliant for taking our pent up aggression on lol ;)

Hope today is going well xxx

Back