My Loss = My gain and His loss -new hair photo added

Why oh why does losing weight take so long sometimes! I bought a new dress 2 sizes smaller as a goal, it fits but is tight im struggling to shift those last few pounds!

I have wet felted three pieces - one for a collaborative art work its about 15 x 9 and two more bits, both of a similar size = one for me to embellish and work on and one for offering to a friend with a bag of bits and a sponge and needles to embellish I do hope she likes the idea of the gift
I have loosely done a sea scape type colours to be added too as wished or not as it looks fine as it is but with addons it could look better and I think doing a joint piece is so much fun

Helen he has no objections to my wheel coming I have a traveller so not as big as my elizabeth two

here is a picture of each of them (well not my ones but similar) the traveller is the more upright one it sits on the back seat with a seat belt on :):) my elizabeth two is my first and I still love it but I use the traveller more as it is easier to take places with me

Dh will take his camera - all the bits to go with that take up a huge amount of space - so he will wander off on the pretext of taking pictures when I know in fact he is off for a smoke

now I so need to have a moan about my DH - I dont do it often but this particularly annoyed me

I spend a lot of time teaching my dogs a wait command - if fact our three previous dogs were so good at it I could bellow wait and a greyhound and two other sighthounds would come to an immediate stop - Rodders too used to do this - but no DH knows best he takes them for a walk and never gets them to do wait - I do it often especially at curbs - so today we are packing things into the trailer tent and Rodders takes a walk outside when I call him he looks at me but DH uses a growly voice instead of a nice one and Rodders trots off - thank god he goes on the same walk most of the time as he took himself off on a walk - Paul my lovely neighbour and his brother came to help us - but Rodders was trying to do the curricular walk to get home and get round Dh who was using a cross voice - I shouted wait and Rodders looked at me and knew he was supposed to do something he just could not remember what - but his plan worked he came home having got around DH - Rodders shook for about an hour he was so upset - its his first time alone since we had him :)

so while we are on holiday I will be working on the wait and 'too me' commands rather a lot and DH will just have to learn to live with it I am in charge of the dogs well being I obviously cant trust DH

so the trailer is packed all we need to put in the car are three dogs, our clothes, Kaydans bag of bits, my wheel and fibres, my gifts, DH needs his camera, oh and the bag of dog stuff
all that should easily go in the back of the car
Helen I have a shogun - DH has a cycle - I know its a big car but we do only have the one car and when I am walking about it wont get as much use I used to walk to town and back but as the knee got worse I used it more and more - soon I will be able to walk to town and back - I hope :):)

Attachments

• ESWLK_1.jpg
    ESWLK_1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
  • TravellerDD_23.jpg
    TravellerDD_23.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 29
Why oh why does losing weight take so long sometimes! I bought a new dress 2 sizes smaller as a goal, it fits but is tight im struggling to shift those last few pounds!

thank you so much for your visit
If I could answer your question in a meaningful way I could have made a fortune by now - :):):)

Hi Jane I go friday lunch time

cant you all tell that I cant sleep again tonight - that was missing a dose of meds on saturday - I have not been right since
one big dog and one dh are snoring = puppy is having yippy dreams :)

I have a headache and cant sleep - off to look on the net at other peoples art work :)

sorry you couldn't sleep :( its horrid isn't it :bighug: I was woken several times by Charlie last night and in the end just listened to the pods on a loop until I finally fell asleep. Not long now until your holiday :bliss: exicting :D and Kaydan's first big adventure xxxxxxxxxx

well today has been exciting
I was due to have a further consult about my hair and I have had it cut = but lets rewind

I was up early and did a few chores before going into town I parked in the middle of town and walked to the works (slightly up hill) with NO walking stick then back down to wilkinsons I then put that load into the car and walked to the salon and I have had my hair cut very different to before and although a lot shorter than I wanted it I do love it - its very different which is what I said was needed last time so I am now very happy and I feel totally different - I havent seen N for about two weeks and she said it looks like I had lost weight - thats brilliant I have not been on the scales in three weeks so I would not have known so today has been good

I then came home and found all my dice with more than 6 sides (for maths games) and took them for N to use with her autistic son to make things a little more challenging

and I fetched my sizzix cutter from another friend so I can mend my combats :) ready for camping
tomorrow I will be packing my bag and washing anything that needs it ready for packing - Kaydan needs the vets tomorrow for his second puppy vacc and on Wednesday I am off for my first physio appointment - I was referred as an urgent case :):) - apparently there is a 13 week waiting list that I have by passed - and so it should be too not much point in the nhs paying so much for my knee if it wont work properly :)

so a good day all round and I am sure tonight I will sleep well :):)

Aw, pleased to hear about your good day! Especially pleased that you sorted your hair out :D x

Can we see a pic of the new 'do'?

pictures werent take at the salon H
but I will try to do a couple myself later today

so positives - been so lax here

I feel so much better
I love my hair
I have some great friends
I can do some walking without my stick
I am going to meet a lovely person on Saturday (I am going to be able to do this- not long ago I would not have been able to)

today Kaydan has to visit the vets (poor thing) it will be the second of his puppy vacs and worming - and a weight check too
need to nip to morrisons on the way back for the chemist there
I will prepare some runner beans and spinach for dinner Dh will have chicken with his I will have an asda meatless chicken style fillet
and put the vacuum round the lounge

I was awake reading at three thirty till nearly five this morning = BUT I slept so much better

I will come up for a rest this afternoon but I think sorting clothes I want to take with me will be far more important - oh no what to wear when I meet C perhaps either my long black lace skirt a black polo with an orange lace thing over the top with me cat boots
or me tealy skinny jeans black polo and fat face dress with nicer ( well more girly) boots

oh decisions decisions
)
wonder if there are any hobby type or alternative (crystals etc) shops in Bournemouth

I'm sure C will know of any shops of the like you seek:D
Oooh - sounding a bit like Yoda there aren't I;)

oh Helen that is funny

if your name is Claire please do not highlight the following part of the post - it will spoil your surprise

Okay everyone in the last few days I have been making surprises presents to take with me - these are for C who will be the first person I have met off the net
this is a BIG thing for me - after years of social phobia depression and various anxieties - I suddenly contacted her and asked if she would be kind enough to meet me - this kind gesture will help me so much

so I have made a piece of handmade felt - loosely a seascape with luxury fibres - then chosen things from my stash to embellish it
I have packaged the embellishing materials with a sponge and felting needle and some beads and buttons etc
the felt will stand alone and needs no embellishing But the 'bits' are included so C can use them if she would like to - this will enhance the felt and be a collaborative piece should she so desire

I have also hand blended some luxury fibres then spun them into a totally unique art yarn to make a scarf with - I know she used to love to knit scarves (most likely hates them now :):)

I have had great fun making bits and choosing others to gift - this is to thank her for what she has done by agreeing to meet me :):)

right C you can continue to read now

so today I finished off the above
took K to the vets he was weighed and has put on 610g in 2 weeks he weighed less than 1.5k on the first visit he has grown so much - he had many cuddles by the staff at the vets -
we went to morrisons and got a few bits
I have done the washing and got clothes sorted for packing - tomorrow I will fold it all and lay it out ready to go into a bag

my knee is quite sore today - I dont know if it is the amount I did yesterday but I have done less today to protect it :)

positives

I have had fun finishing gifts
I went to the vets and interacted easily with others
I have done the washing (still need to iron it though)
I am really looking forward to doing something that 6 months ago would have had me running and hiding

I am so looking forward to a good veggie burger on Saturday :):)

Jackie I have liked your post - not because you too suffer, I would never like someone to be like this, but because I know you can truly understand and empathise with the feelings of dread that happen :) and also because I seem to have found someone else that likes to craft :)

so a real positive I SLEPT and feel so much better - I did wake at 5 for a loo stop but soon back to sleep until 7 = I am a little surprised as I am heading into the unknown today with a physio appointment at 10.25
I WILL be able to drive to my appointment - I had forgotten how much my driving is coming on :)
Kaydan is sleeping :) and not biting my fingers

so on the agenda for today is
get up and shower
go to physio - then the rest will depend on levels of pain
but all clothes to be laid out on bed ready for packing then Dh can get my bag out of the loft tonight and I can pack my bag
then if my knee needs a rest I will sit and knit some of my cashmere sweater - if not I will collect all the craft stuff I want to take with me - the cashmere - some fibres beads buttons etc for embellishing and a piece of felt - fibres to spin on my wheel - I might teach myself to spin some silk once all that is done I have tomorrow to be checking everything over and over - but that means I have cut down from several days to just one day of ocd behaviours - that too is a positive - the fact I have left packing this long :)

if the weather is as nice as it is now after lunch Kaydan can go in the front garden on a lead with collar or harness (or both) and do some walking practice :):)
I think its about time the neighbours saw him out and about - over the road they got a lab puppy earlier in the year and I have seen that about twice - next door have a dog and always have had dogs since we moved here and I never see them going for a walk - for some reason they seem to think that small dogs only need a garden - I might start walking their dog to help teach it not to yap so much -- tired dog = quiet dog - because it will be sleeping :)
right off to shower and be ready to start my day :)

Good morning lovely :hug99: sounding very positive today :D hope appointment goes okay :D

I love crafting and so does Charlie. Its a time thing these days. I am going to buy the bits to make her a shabby chic sign for her birthday. I wanted one for my friend who is expecting and they were £8 each so looked into it and can make one for under £2 so going to do that. Need to order the stuff now :D I have done so many crafts. My favourite was glass painting but I stopped due to time if I get a mo later I'll take a piccie of two of the vases I painted. I still love them and did them a few years ago :D

Have a lovely day :D xxxxxxx

You will def have to take a pic of the sign for Charlie :)
my knee has an almost intolerable ache in it today is it the cold or do you think it knows what is happening today :)

for the first time today (yes it was difficult) I got a pair of thick black tights on without the help of DH - it was a struggle and if I have to take them off for physio I will take a pair of socks to wear just for getting me home

now to be able to dress myself including tights is a big thing (leggins and trousers are easier to manage as they are more giving around the bit that is the waist

fancy getting excited about a pair of tights :)

on other peoples diaries I have been reading all about campfire stew BUT what is the recipe
I cant find the recipe
thought it would be good to make it thursday for taking with us for the first meal we can just warm it up :)

off to do a bigger search :)

img091.jpg

If this doesn't work when click on it let me know and I can email it to you :D

Funnily enough I only got the magazine today as no longer subscribe to it as not dieting as such. :D must have known eh! :giggle:

Well done with the tights :D its always good to notice all these little changes as they soon add up xxxxxxxxxx

Back