My Loss = My gain and His loss -new hair photo added

I usualy find i can noyoce a differencd with each stone..but that prob depends on where the weight comes off...i never seem to.lose my.bum or bust (lucky lucky lol) but my waist slims and my tummy and i get my hourglass shape back! :) have u done before pics...i have of a front profile and side profile and im gonna take them after every stone. Even.if i cant see much. I also took measurements :)

Have a good day and hope.u feelin better xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

no I dont have pics but next week when I see my friend Sue (we joined together I will take my camera and get her to take pics of me I do have my measurements though and my clothes will be a good guide at the moment I am a tight 18 at one time in my life I was a 20/22 so at least I can genuinely say that I am not at my heaviest

my dd has just been round and brought me some salad leaves and corriander
dinner is in the oven and it looks so nice
will have to start taking pictures and posting them (rushes off to find camera
:) lunch 9 8 12.jpg

so there is my lunch
a large plum tomato with eggs and half a healthy extra of low fat cheddar mushrooms and a sizzling quorn burger :):)

Last edited:
Lunch looks delicious H :drool:

I'm looking for inspiration for a couple of pressies for friends who are expecting. I would like to try and crochet something but can only come up with blankets/shawls - have you any ideas? I'm only really a 'good beginner' standard, not sure I'd class myself as 'intermediate' iykwim:p

do you know if they will be girls or boys girls are easier with crochet as it is 'pretty' also when are the babies due - if they are winter babies there is nothing better than a blanket and as the child grows it can become their poorly blanket - both my two had one that my auntie made for them as babies and as they went into beds they used to have them across the bottom of the bed - when they were ill they used to use it as a comfort blanket
just choose the yarn to be the softest you can afford and natural is always nicer but remember young mums might not like to hand wash :)

you can always crochet some amigurumi animals and make into a mobile that would be really lovely and they usually only use double crochet at the most and are small and so there fore portable - the more I think of it the more I think I would like that as an option :)

like this
http://freeamigurumipatterns.blogspot.co.uk/

These are lovely - I'm going to give them a go :)
Hope the antibiotics don't cause you too much trouble although I know that some can be quite horrible.
There is such a fine line between exercising the new joint and overdoing things, it must be so tough to deal with the set backs.

Hope you have a more comfortable night tonight and a better day tomorrow.

:hug99:

Well I did write a post this morning and its not here so will do a repeat and if it posts twice so be it

Thanks Helen I did sleep better last night - I woke up a couple of times when turning over but got straight back to sleep

today I have been to Swindon to the medical centre - think they needed to know if I was really ill or not or had really had an operation
I showed them the scar :)

so breakfast was a repeat of yesterday and will be quite often as it is a favourite of mine on an eating plan or not

breakfast
rachels yog 3syns
strawberries
banana
2dessert spoons flax seeds (milled after measuring) healthy B

lunch - at the moment I feel queasy think its the antibiotics
banana

dinner
quron sizzling burger 1 syn
green salad leaves
balsamic glaze (1.5syns per tablespoon I will only have a tea spoon) 0.5 syn

jacket potato
with 2 butter buds 1 syn
45g fat reduced cheddar healthy a

so depending on what I have for lunch I still have syns and healthy extras to play with
5.5syns so far and a healthy B and and healthy A can still be had too

Glad to read you had a better sleep last night:p
Hope you had a lovely day with himself (you don't have to count the visit to the medical centre;))
I'm having a seriously indulgent night on my Jones - just trying to decide what to have for dinner/supper.

well this is what I had
there was a slight change to the plan as Dh went shopping and forgot the jacket spud so I had 150g of rustic chips for 1.5 syns

dinner 10 8 12.jpg
still well within syns for the day and I had a pile of salad :)

Evening lovely. Just been catching up with your diary - not been able to grab time to get on for the last few days!

Sounds like you have been through the wars with your knee - nightmare! Hopefully you will be healing quickly now and will be racing around soon with the best of them!

So glad you got to class. Disappointing that the consultant didn't get back to you, but I guess we should give her the benefit of the doubt. There will be no stopping you now that you have really got going.

Hope you can get off the antibiotics soon. They are great for what they do, but the side effects can be annoying!

Yummmm at rustic chips.....

oh yes I have decided I do like those rustic chips

well today I keep feeling really nauseous I am sure its the antibiotics - well I am sure hoping that is the problem
for breakfast I had
rachels yog 3 syns
banana

then going around Wareham I ate a punnet of raspberries

and now I am home feeling sick once again and just cannot make myself anything to eat and dh has just gone out so I am having
walkers salt and vinegar 25g pack 6 syns
and 45g of light cheddar healthy a
dinner will be the same as last night as it was so lovely and I have the other burger to eat
dinner
quron sizzling burger 1 syn
green salad leaves
balsamic glaze (1.5syns per tablespoon I will only have a tea spoon) 0.5 syn

150g rustic chips 1.5syns
45g fat reduced cheddar healthy a

so 12 syns today but I have not had my healthy extra b choices so I am not too worried about the number of sys as so far in four days I will have had 35
when at Wareham I bought a new shopping bag and a top that I can wear no matter what size I am (will photo them later)
and a wallet for my DD's partners birthday a nice retro one - well he will like it

I went on to sturminster newton on the way home and went into the lovely huge fabric place they have there and got some fabric to make something for a baby boy
so now I am at home feeling rather dreadful and resting in bed

oh and while in Wareham I had to go back to using the wheel chair I was sat in it having answered my phone - put my phone on my lap to get my bag to put it way when DH let go of the chair and I started to roll into traffic - so grabbed the wheels and put the brake on for my phone to fall off my lap 0 DH told me I was stupid to leave it there so I had a go at him 0 the screen is broken but it still works - he is taking me to town tomorrow to replace it :) so I should think trying to send me into oncoming traffic :)

Oh that's really weird! I got my brand new Samsung S3 late last week. Four days later I dropped it and cracked the screen.... didn't have insurance on it so can't get it fixed or replaced. Gutted. Is covered by house insurance but the excess is £100 so hardly seems worth claiming. Is working perfectly, just cracked pretty badly down in one corner. It happens to the best of us!

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Hate feeling nauseous - urgh. Hope you are over it really soon x

my screen is very cracked up and I cant remember if I have insurance or not but he offered to get me a new one so he will - I love my phone its the easiest one I have ever had especially when my finger nails get really long :):)

he said tomorrow he will go fishing early and then take me to town - cant complain if he goes off fishing if I get a new phone

still feeling very sick I do try my best to eat through the nausea as I know its the meds

so food so far today is
one omelette with mushrooms and brown sauce
I will write my food diary properly later

so I awoke this morning at three am and read for over an hour - however NOT in pain and that was so good - last night I just felt so nauseous I cold not lay my head down (reminded me of what too much drink feels like) - mind you the room did not spin :):)

then when I awoke about 7ish there was an empty space next to me - DH had got up early to go fishing - I stayed in bed for a bit reading then had a shower and dressed
I put on my new top - now it wont sound exciting to many of you but those that know me will know that the colour is not something I would have chosen in the past
I have on a pair of lovely linen trousers in khaki and a vest top in the same colour - then over that I have an orange net type affair really lose (rather like two rectangles joined for the top of the arms and shoulders then tacked under the arms and the rest of the sleeve left loose and yes I did say ORANGE
I tried to photo it but it wont photo well will try again on different hangers tonight :)

so on the plans for today are
town to tescos and the orange shop to get a new phone (hope its insured I cant remember I was so ill when I took the contract out) and DH wants a really small cheap clock
then I could be going over the farm as DH will do some weeding on our veggie plot and I will sit in the car and read or take a chair and a spinning wheel and do some spinning
but if the thunder is anything to go by that might not be happening - when I awoke this morning it was sunny now its cloudy oppressive and thundery
my knee I can report is the least painful its been in about a week - BUT I dont want to shout that too loudly incase by later on I am back to the start again

I only have a clue as to what to have for dinner I have been a vegetarian for many many years 30ish in fact but I did try to eat a piece of fish when I tried to do weight watchers about 5 years ago and did not like it - but tempted to give DH a youngs basa fillet lightly dusted for his dinner and try a forkful - if its not strong I may be able to eat it but there again I most likely wont - I think I will have either the savoury mince I made and froze earlier in the week or a couple of quorn sausages as I have some of those in the fridge

oh the dilemma that is food - I feel so nauseous planning the food is really hard
have a great day everyone
H xx

Feel bad for u feelin so blergh :( but ur still tryin so thats great. :) xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

thanks Leeanne
I can eat (slowly) but not enjoying anything at all so preparing and thinking about food is hard
it would be much easier at the moment to just have crisps biscuits fruit and cheese portions - but it was eating like that before that got me like this so I wont be doing that
and I also know me
if I dont plan I wont do it but I could really do with feeling well enough to enjoy that process - which in the past I have enjoyed at it gives me control - and also I know what to shove in the shopping trolley
opps time for another anti biotic

I really came here to say how wonderful the staff in my orange shop are
I went down and explained about the phone - he checked it out and I did have insurance so with just an excess of 25 quid I will be having a new phone couriered to me tomorrow between 9 and one
the lad in the shop has made sure all my contacts and anything else I might need from old phone is on memory card or sd card so tomorrow I have to take out battery,sd card, memory card and keep the back of the phone and that is it hand it back to the courier and get the new phone
really wonderful service
:)

so I am back to log my food for the day
we did get over the farm so I have nice really fresh veggies from the veggie plot

breakfast
mushroom omelette (f)
brown sauce 1 syn

lunch
2 slices of 400g wholemeal
tomatoes cucumber
light mayo 2 syns
total 0%yog

dinner
chard
broad beans
carrots
new potatoes
2 quorn sausages 2 syns
bisto cheese sauce 4.5 syns

9.5 syns so still under the 10 that I want to stick too - feeling very pleased about that

On Wednesday I should be seeing a loss when I go to class as so far I have stuck to the plan and I know it works because I have done it before
I am quite looking forward to class even though I feel that the consultant is extremely rude and I know she is on holiday next week and we have a stand in - I am just hoping things improve if not I will be contacting head office as although the consultants are self employed they still represent the company

Yay that the knee seems to be on the mend, and boo that the meds are still making you feel icky. Will you be on them for much longer?

Brilliant news about the phone too! I'll phone the insurance dept tomorrow and see if they will replace mine. A nuisance having to re-download all my apps though...

I had fish for dinner today. Used to be vegetarian when I was in my late teens, and vegan for a short while! When I became pregnant with dd1 I seriously craved meat and chicken and haven't been vegetarian for almost 20 years now! The funny thing is, when we go out for a meal I usually fancy the vegetarian options most and very often that's what I order.

Yes I am on two capsules (so a double dose) four times a day for 14 days
so its just something I am going to have to put up with I am afraid but I am sure I can lurch through the next week or so - its just a shame I happened to start SW and then find out I need the antibiotics that afternoon - but that would be yet another excuse and I am not going to be making any more of those - its my time now :):)

just been planning our holiday at the end of september
we have been and bought a trailer tent (cos I cant manage in the tent we have) and are going to be spending a week in Dorset near monkey world (yes that is why I visited Wareham on Saturday) we went to the campsite to make sure I would be able to manage

this will be a real luxury holiday for us we will have BEDS not an airbed on the floor and we have ELECTRIC that means I can take hair dryer and irons :) and a kettle heater and light of course :):)
that means I will be able to be warm and comfortable which will be fantastic
I will still be taking my hot water bottle though
I am so excited - last year due to health problems we didnt get a holiday so its two years since we have been away
and we can take the dogs too :)

Sounds brilliant! How long are you going for? You will be feeling so much better by then too.

We haven't had a holiday for 2 years either. Is difficult shutting the business down, but we are planning maybe 3 weeks away in Tenerife in December if all goes well!

Hi H:D
I've been 'internetless' since Saturday morning so I've just caught up - sorry that the a/bs are still making you feel nauseous but really good on you for persevering with them.
You sound really excited about your holiday - I'm afraid I don't do camping in any way, shape or form:( but Dorset does sound lovely:p
I've only got to do two days (Monday & Tuesday) and then I'm on annual leave until Wednesday 22nd :bliss: I'm meeting Fitz & Jools on Tuesday and I'm so looking forward to it:D:D

Back