My Loss = My gain and His loss -new hair photo added

Helen I never did do camping either NO WAY would I be in a tent BUT one year I just wanted to get away and told dh so we got a tent and I really enjoyed myself and we could take the dogs

oh have a great time at the meet
are you all meeting in Norfolk - I still miss not visiting it but its a long drive for me and I cant sit in a car that long with a good walk every hour or so - that adds so much time to the journey :)

No - in London:D We meet in Starbucks, fuel up and then walk & shop for approx 5 hours before retireing to a Weatherspoons (I think) for a quick snack before going our separate ways. Bev teaches us shopping skills as we go;)

Helen please be careful
If I remember correctly there will be animal print and primarni and maybe some pink involved :):)
and get a pedicure booked for the following day - you could well need it after trudging through the streets of the capital

Fiddlermum
I am doing better
my new phone arrived so I set it up
and I have two sets of bunting for some people I know - more motivated today

so food for today
breakfast
strawberries raspberries banana
flax seeds healthy B
0% total yog

2 small jacket potatoes - cos I like the skins
med fat cheese healthy B
half a tin of baked beans

new potatoes
cabbage
carrots
broad beans
runner beans
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
bisto cheese sauce (half a portion) 2 syns

will have a treat later if I need it but wont use the syns just because
I have not had a healthy a yet so might have a milky drink later - but again ONLY if I need it - sometimes I dont use syns other days I do - today is one of those days when I am not using much :)

I cannot believe I went to the trouble of writing out todays food AND a recipe and it didnt post
I know I was late up today but its not a good start

I was up half the night with a headache and feeling so sick so saw two oclock three four and five then went back to sleep till about 10

so breakfast is late
but
total % greek live yog
strawberries
raspberries
healthy B flax seeds

lunch I am not sure as it so late now
most likely fruit

dinner
cheesy bubble and squeak cakes (healthy a) plus one syn
quorn sausages (2 syns)
pickled red cabbage

recipe
Cheesy bubble and squeak cakes
morrisons mash (make up with less water) allow to cool (1 syn)
mix into that the same amount by VOLUME of cooked shredded cabbage
one egg yolk
healthy a of grated cheese

mix all together well
if a bit sloppy add more instant mash powder (plain)
leave to stand for a bit

make into cake shapes but if a bit sloppy just put it in a frylighted pan and smooth down

cook in frylighted pan until the bottom is a nice golden brown
turn and cook underside

enjoy - really lovely with frylighted fried egg or beans

that recipe made so much (4 cakes) that I had trouble eating two

Last edited:
Have you asked about the side effects from the antibiotics - it sounds like you are going through an awful lot more than expected? Has you knee improved lots? Today I'm in quite a bit of pain so I'm off to the GP tomorrow. Thankfully I'm on annual leave now so I don't have to beg for time off to go.
I'm about to start one of the crochet toys you suggested:p

I am not looking forward to my weigh in - I stuck to the plan so I should show a lose
however when I got on my scales last week I was one pound more than when I stepped on the class ones
how what I have realised is the scales I now have are very shallow and are on floor boards if I move them to a different part of the floor they weigh different - and I have no idea where they were last week SO
I have put them on a board now and will place the board in the same place for weighing from now on - so I will weigh before I go tomorrow and will then be able to have a quick peek in the week - something I have not down all week
so fingers crossed for us both

Helen I just have to remember what a strong dose I am on and the fact is working - I have a two week supply and one week is nearly done
if I feel sick when they finish something else is wrong but I wont know for a bit
to save my knee I am more than willing to put up with it - I am not at work at present so I dont have to worry on that score and can have a kip mid afternoon if I need one :)

still not allowed to drive and that is more driving me crazy than is the nausea - after all I know thats going to end - the lack of driving seems endless :):)

ok had to get up early today to get to class as Sue had to take her car to the next town for its mot and pick up courtesy car then get to the town the other side of where we live to get to class

so went in and weighed in lost a pound - not bad but did think and hope it would be better as I was so good but at least its in the right direction

so food for today
fruit and free yog

lunch
half a fruit drink topped up with soda water 2syns
melon with ginger
veggie fritatta with salad
coleslaw 5 syns
2 slices bread (B)

eggs
cheesy bubble and squeak cakes 1syn Healthy A
beef tomato

total syns 8

ok so that is the food accounted for - normally I would not have shop bought coleslaw in the house as I was at Sues she had it but I did look it up before either of us ate it

Good morning all
I had a reasonable nights sleep but that could be with being busy yesterday

so after my one pound loss last week I am well up for the challenge of making food I really love this week and ensuring I have all my healthy B choices (which I often find hard
so bring on the houmous slimming world style

houmous

1 can of chickpeas (drained but reserve liquid)
4 dessertspoons tahini paste (that is two healthy B options
garlic I use about 2-4 cloves depending on size
lemon juice

now to make the best textured most authentic houmous I was taught the following trick
mixing the tahini with lemon juice and garlic until it "tightens up", and then loosening it with some of the reserved liquid

then add this to the mashed chickpeas

if you like chunky houmous it is best to use a potato masher on the chickpeas if you like it smoother then use a food processor

now as a green choice that is 2 healthy B choices but I use it over two days
as an easy extra it would of course be the same BUT make sure you have enough super free veg with it rather than crispbreads to make it count

so later today I will be having houmous with crudites and ryvita :):)

now off to give dinner some thought

breakfast
fruit
yog

lunch
houmous healthy B
crudites
crispbreads (2) healthy B

dinner
mccains rustic chips (150g) 1.5 syns
fritatta
(now beans or salad that is the question)

now I have had both health a choices and only 1.5 syns
so I might have a healthy a of cheese or half a kara milk 225ml and half a low fat cheese over my chips
not many weight loss plans that would encourage you to have cheesy chips :)

I do of course only do green days :)

yesterday was a busy day that left me in a huge amount of pain - BUT I enjoyed the being out and about
I did not attempt to drive yesterday but am looking forward to going out with DH tonight (he will fill up the car with fuel and drive to the local industrial/business park) I can then drive up and down there doing some manoeuvres (like a learner) to see if it causes me pain or if I can drive (legally now I can and cant wait)

I know that seems like a small thing to be so excited about but it will truly be a step forward after the knee replacement and give me back my independence - please dont get me wrong I never in the past used the car unless I had stuff to carry but I cant walk far enough to walk to town shop and walk back - so baby steps :)

I feel very positive about today and my future - after suffering from depression for YEARS and now being in remission (hate to think I dont suffer as it will jinx it) its a great feeling to have
so have a great day everyone
and if you pop in and read my diary please say hello I would love more readers and people to swap ideas with :)

I've found you and just had a read of your diary, you sound like you're in so much pain with your knee, let's hope you get some relief soon and also that you will be back in that driving seat, it would drive me crazy not being able to drive!

Your story about giving up smoking was great, you're a true friend and it proves when you really want to do it you can.

Your consultant sounds like a nightmare! Perhaps you need to check with her that you have the correct phone number and perhaps that'll give her a kick up the backside! As for Facebook group, we've just set one up for our group but it has nothing to do with our leader as she isn't on there so perhaps she never got the message on yours.. Benefit of the doubt?! Let's hope she starts to improve though as I love the support I get at class with mine.

Take care and have a good day x

FiddlerMum you do need to be kinder to yourself I bet if you look at a running total for a month (I did that in the past) once you have four weighins (dont count the first if it were a good one then each weighin drop the first and add on the next and I bet each four week period will average out the same - that will help with ironing out the monthly fluctuations - something I just remembered

Hi Saucy - if I may be so bold
I would give her the benefit of the doubt but I have check the phone number with her and called her while she was there to check her phone rang and as for the group it was her that added me to the group so there is no way she should not have got the message

good luck with your group - perhaps I can be an honorary member :):)

I have just walked to the local garage and back drum roll please 1604 steps - I put on my pedometer
I walked there without my stick but used it on the way back - please do not roll your eyes like that girls - my DH will be doing enough of that if he finds out as it is

I am just going to write a letter to a friend and I will pop that over the post office this afternoon (after a rest) that is closer than the garage

I am now completely sweaty and hot so did my short and for most of you slow walk raise my heart rate YES
while there I got a lemon and scrubbed it so I could add the grated zest into the houmous with cracked black pepper :)I am looking forward to lunch :)

Your consultants just being rude not getting back to you then! I understand they have lives too but what's the point in giving out their number if they never return the call!

Well done on the walk, be careful you don't over do it though x

well I did the post office as well and I so enjoyed being out on my own - that was my first time unaccompanied
and I made myself an appointment to have my hair done they had to move a few clients to fit me in being a friday asking two to come 15mins early and one to come later I will have Stacy doing my colour and Naomi doing the cut
so will get totally spoiled by having the both of them but it was the way to fit me in - I have been threatening to let Stacy loose on my hair for a bit (she is a student and I usually have a senior stylist :):) )
right off to do dinner :)

then out for a quick drive

GIRLS I have driven my car with NO problems I have enough bend in my knee to use the clutch AND no pain - severe ache and a tightness of the skin flesh but no pain I can drive to town tomorrow to have my hair done I am so excited

I and seriously thinking of getting either a power spin or one of those shake weight things to be working on upper body until I can do full body exercise again do any of you have any views - have you used them

my day has been fantastic stuck to plan had less pain and I can drive - what more can a girl ask :):)

word for today has to be happy

its really strange for someone who has suffered from depression for so many years (I honestly dont remember a time before now that I have not been suffering from depression at some level or other)
I just feel lighter more motivated and looking forward to enjoying the day

on my agenda for today are
DRIVE to town - just knowing I can do this is wonderful - I have some independence back
go to argos for a powerspin and a kettleworx set I know for now I can use the powerspin and will try the kettle bell - but if for now it puts pressure on my knee it can wait for a week or so
then put that back in the car and go for a coffee with my book - a real treat for staying on plan and not losing it cos I only lost a pound - which I do know is good
I have an appointment to have my hair done
food for today

breakfast
2sm slices wholemeal healthy B
scrambled eggs
mushrooms

lunch
punnet of strawberries
then a late lunch of
home made houmous healthy B
three ryvita thins 4.5 syns
cucumber

dinner as last night
frittata
rustic chips 2 syns
cheese reduced fat cheddar health A

so three healthy a choices and 6.5 syns
more than happy with that

to make my day better please let the rain stop :)

Sounds positive have a great day xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11to go. 40lb by xmas 39 to go. 61lb by mid march 60 to go

Back