My Low Carb Journey

evening ladies - I'm afraid Mel that I have to agree with Tranqs on this one and I also know that for as many arguments for you can find an equal number against. I have read loads on the subject and know that the medical ppl out there advocate counting calories, but for me low carbing and eating butter, cream and cheese enables me to stay on track, when I get my head in the right zone, and the food is very tasty :) When I behave I do lose weight eating this way.

Well, I remained on track yesterday - my first 100% day for a while and hopefully - no, I'll change that and say I WILL now be able to stay on track and as each day goes by it will get easier :) Had cabbage and savoury mince for tea last night and brought leftovers in for today - that is my meal of choice at the moment :D:D

Morning!

Not sure I could live long on cabbage! It s funny how we find something and that it what we have over and over... Unless your Kals! ;)

I hope you have a good day.

Last edited:
I love white cabbage leaves stuffed with a little blue cheese & mushrooms & covered in a tomato sauce & baked. I think I could live on that & Mexican chilli in iceberg lettuce leaves.

Hi Mel, can't multiquote as at work grrrrr, but yes I will probably eat this meal to death and then not face it for ages :8855: AnnieAnnie what a great idea re cabbage leaves, don't like mushrooms, but I could use something else like chicken or even mince :8855:

Yes, you use something like a sweetheart cabbage, take complete leaves off & simmer til softer then you stuff them with whatever you want and bake them. Guess you might want to cook meat & veg separately first & then add. I over with tomato sauce & parmesan & bake, but cheese optional. Mexican stuff would be nice. It's from a Rose Elliot vegetarian low carb cookbook. I love it :)

MinnieMel said:
Morning!

Not sure I could live long on cabbage! It s funny how we find something and that it what we have over and over... Unless you Kals! ;)

I hope you have a good day.

Lol Mel...

Mumma K said:
Yeap...theres no getting past me ;)

D^mn Busses... Take up the road, have their own special parking, get their own lanes...

AnnieAnnie said:
Yes, you use something like a sweetheart cabbage, take complete leaves off & simmer til softer then you stuff them with whatever you want and bake them. Guess you might want to cook meat & veg separately first & then add. I over with tomato sauce & parmesan & bake, but cheese optional. Mexican stuff would be nice. It's from a Rose Elliot vegetarian low carb cookbook. I love it :)

Sounds like something I would like so will give it a go :)

Mumma K said:
Yeap...theres no getting past me ;)

You see everything Kals :)

MinnieMel said:
D^mn Busses... Take up the road, have their own special parking, get their own lanes...

:8855: you make me smile Mel xx

another day on track, though have been tempted by choc ices snd flapjack, but I'm starting to feel less bloated and I like that feeling :) There were fancy cupcakes at work today and donuts this afternoon, I resisted tho did go and have a look, but walked away :woohoo:

Phoenyx said:
You're all so inventive! I'm going to try that sweetheart cabbage thing...

Well done dawn, 2 days done :) are you harcombing it?

Yes basically as I do like that eating plan, tho tbh I'm just cutting out most carbs. I have to say tho that after my fortnight of being off plan quite a lot I have a 4lb gain to report and I'm cross with myself. Instead of being in the mid 13s which I could have been by now I'm back up into the 14s at 14.2 to be precise!! I know that by staying on plan it will go and I'm taking the scenic route as this year I have so much going on with parties and trips away from home, but suppose they are just excuses really....... I just have no willpower!!!

Dawnejoy said:
Yes basically as I do like that eating plan, tho tbh I'm just cutting out most carbs. I have to say tho that after my fortnight of being off plan quite a lot I have a 4lb gain to report and I'm cross with myself. Instead of being in the mid 13s which I could have been by now I'm back up into the 14s at 14.2 to be precise!! I know that by staying on plan it will go and I'm taking the scenic route as this year I have so much going on with parties and trips away from home, but suppose they are just excuses really....... I just have no willpower!!!

You can do this.. you have super exciting plans.

Last edited:
Morning Dawne,

Happy Sunday.

Morning ladies, had 3 days on track now and being good today and its getting easier as I knew it would if I could just stick to it..........got slow roasted belly pork, cauli mash, broccoli and carrots for tea........yum :) xx

Food sounds good... Yum!

Back