My Low Carb Journey

Last night's tea was really delicious, shame the same can't be said about tonights...........a cheese omlette as am out at 6.30, so had to have something quick. Not really a fan of omlettes so not sure why one was on the menu tonight, but seemed a good idea at the time!!!! Still 100% on plan and getting easier by the day. Wil be a test at work on Wed as donuts will be brought in again........always someone's birthday :sigh:

Tomorrow is stuffed peppers and I usually make enough so that there is some to take to work the following day........another fav meal :):) I must admit that tho low-carbing and eat only fresh unprocessed foods can be limiting at times it certainly is tastly :):)

Was weighed at the surgery today and lost another kilo since my last check up, but considering that was a few months ago it shows that I haven't been doing well on plan. I've been on plan for 6days now and Mick is sat on the other sofa eating chocolate and I'm totally OK about it :woohoo:

Phoenyx said:
Well done you! I'm struggling at the mo but this is the only woe for me so just got to dust myself off and carry on...

You will get there, all any of us can do is try and refocus and carry on .........why don't you still post on your diary or have you started a new one? If so can you give me directions pls xx

Dawnejoy said:
You will get there, all any of us can do is try and refocus and carry on .........why don't you still post on your diary or have you started a new one? If so can you give me directions pls xx

My diary is in the paleo diaries section, called primal eating and intermittent fasting - phoenyxs experiment of one.

Eaten quite a lot today...all still on plan and all low carb, but sometimes Imdo wonder if you can eat too much ..... Need to,exercise portion control a bit more often too.......Mick had a bag of twirl bites this evening and I almost succumbed to putting my hand inside the bag and coming out with a handful........but I did stop myself as I knew Imwould regret it. .... So in that respect I,am pleased,with myself :):)

Dawnejoy said:
Eaten quite a lot today...all still on plan and all low carb, but sometimes Imdo wonder if you can eat too much ..... Need to,exercise portion control a bit more often too.......Mick had a bag of twirl bites this evening and I almost succumbed to putting my hand inside the bag and coming out with a handful........but I did stop myself as I knew Imwould regret it. .... So in that respect I,am pleased,with myself :):)

Well done! Building that Resistance Muscle!!!

I was pleased with myself Mel as I knew I would be if I resisted, but have to admit that it wasn't easy!!!! but the thing I have found with low carbing is that I am more sensible when it comes to cheating the plan as I know if I eat carbs with fat, it will lead to weight gain, so it somehow does put the brakes on a bit :):) By end of Wed I will have been back on plan for 2 weeks and I def feel better for it :):) Just need to get back to where I was a few weeks ago and then I will feel like I am really back on track ...... another 2lb to go.

You're gonna do that in no time. I think you've got this figure out.

Morning ladies, thank you for your faith in me :) xx. Watched the Horizon programme about the benefits of fasting and feasting and it certainly seems worth doing as the benefits are not only weight loss, but better ageing and longevity...........so am going to give it a go after this weekend. I'm going to fast on Mon, Wed and Thurs, the idea is that you don't exceed 400-500 cals on those days and eat normally on the feasting days and apparently nothing is forbidden.........tho for me I will still low carb. My meal will probably consist of berries or salad and I will drink water. Weekends will be normal low-carbing..................sound like a plan???

Hello Supersmileyme, sounds like a good plan............you will have to let me know if you have a diary so I can see how you do :) xx

Yes it's called my 10 week Bali bikini diet, it's only got my Exante journey so far. I'm planning to start the low carb/fasting journey at the end of sept after my holiday. I had decided to do that before I saw the fab documentary, but now hubby is going to do it too. That will make it very much easier!

Supersmileyme said:
Yes it's called my 10 week Bali bikini diet, it's only got my Exante journey so far. I'm planning to start the low carb/fasting journey at the end of sept after my holiday. I had decided to do that before I saw the fab documentary, but now hubby is going to do it too. That will make it very much easier!

Always much easier if you can get OH involved :) unfortunately for me tho Mick likes the food I cook, he also then sits and eats chocolate in rather large quantities :(. Will go in search of you and catch up x

It's always been like that for me, with a husband who doesn't put on weight. That's why I'm looking forward to doing this together. He's even going to read the Dr Johnson Alternate Day Diet book so that he fully understand it!

Sounds like a good plan.

Supersmileyme said:
It's always been like that for me, with a husband who doesn't put on weight. That's why I'm looking forward to doing this together. He's even going to read the Dr Johnson Alternate Day Diet book so that he fully understand it!

It's great if they are on board, eases the pressure and the temptations :)

MinnieMel said:
Sounds like a good plan.

It's certainly that Mel :)

Twirl bites - yummy! Well done for resisting!

Listen to your body with the fasting - I haven't managed more than 2 fast days in a week. I started fasting ding juddd which is supposed to be less than 500 cals every second day. I could do the first two but found myself tired, stressed and craving sugar every time I attempted a third. Other people seem to manage just fine doing three, so I think it's a case of listening to your body.

Good luck!

Back