My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Assignment done *Phew*
One less thing...

Oh no, bet it will come off plus more next week! Do you think there is a reason? I know it's disappointing :(

Thanks for popping by Don. I've not updated much this last week. Have been extremely good with my food and exercise so am definitely hoping for a loss on Thursday.
I've been eating fish for my dinner every night since Friday (will put up some pics later), and I'm not sick of it yet either so may carry it on until I go down to Essex for my little jaunt next Thursday (especially if it works :)). I'll be going to a group down there so that should be an experience.
I've also cut out carbs from my evening meal as I was having a lot of pasta last week and think that may have contributed to my gain. We'll see, it's all trial and error.

The Fish Week

What my friend made for us the other week when I went over

Jayne's oriental salmon, stir fry & noodles.jpg

Some of the dishes I've been having for dinner this week:

mackerel & roast veg.jpgsea bass, poached egg & roast veg.jpgswordfish & salad.jpg

From last week as I had been inspired by Dona's greek salads:

Feta salad.jpg

D-day tomorrow. Will see how much good the fish has actually done.

Decided to have a good clearout this evening and have managed to fill a whole large refuse sack with old colthes that no-longer fit. Very theraputic indeed...

bye bye big clothes.jpg

(Reposting from Team Tinsel)

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!

3.5lbs lost. 3 stone award. I am now an officially "normal" weight for my height :wee: I have gone from being obese to "normal", how flippin' brill is that?

Get in, get in, GET IN!!!

Thanks Jo, I don't feel any more amazing than last week really but it is a buzz, has been the whole way. Ever since I started SW I feel like I've been given a new lease of life. :D

So I did quite a hefty bike ride today. Am going to post details here so I can look back and see how far I've come, from being knackered after 30 mins round the park a few moths ago.

Washington to Newcastle Quayside.jpg

I finally gave in to popular culture and bought myself an android phone on Thursday. I'm loving the strava app which generates all the info about your ride. It's an amazing thing is technology.

My food on Thursday evening was a bit sketchy but since then I've been 100%. Considering I burned 2000 calories on my ride today I'm pretty certain that if I keep going like this (with food) for the remainder of the week I should get a canny little loss on Thursday. I'll be going to a group down in Essex as I'm going away for a week to catch-up with some old friends. The class I'll be going to is on Thursday evening and I normally go to one in the morning so that may affect the result a bit, cos there's no-way I'm going all day having nothing to eat like I usually do before weighing in. (That would be stupid really). I'm going to try and do a bit exercise in the morning before I go as I don't think being sedentary in the car for 4-5 hours is going to do me any favours (although I suppose I'm quite sedentary at work so may not be too bad).
I am so excited about my week away. I'll get to consume alcohol. Something I've not done in 3 months now!!! OMG I think I've forgotten what it tastes like. I can hear the G&T calling my name, I'll be drunk after one, :giggle: I'm not just excited about that of course, get to see my lovely friends, most of whom I haven't seen since last year so I'm hoping they can see the change in me. :D

I will now be visiting the delightful Basildon as I've managed to fit an extra day in with some other work colleagues that I wouldn't get to see otherwise. Good old Bas Vegas :)

I'm fully expecting to put on weight while I'm away but hey-ho. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm going to be sensible but not too sensible IYKWIM?

savoury tuna & smoked salmon & egg salad.jpg

thai green curry with prawns, spicy roast squash & sweet potatoes.jpg

Have only managed to take a couple of food piccies this week. Today's (the bottom one) was a bit of a mash up of things I needed to use up but was still very nice. I made a bean lasagne again on Thursday and have been having that quite a bit so have been having more carbs again this week. Still, have been trying to have it for lunch rather than dinner and I think that's probably the right way to go for my body.

Righty-o, think I've chuntered on for long enough now :blahblah: Hope everyone's had a great week and here's to a good one starting tomorrow. I'm going to try and get 'round some more diaries before I go away as I've been very rubbish this week - not enough time in the day unfortunately.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x

Sounds like your time away is gunna be fabulous. I bet you are looking forward to it and looking forward to that g and t. I've cut down my alcohol
Consumption loads since being on SW too I haven't touched a drop in weeks miss it a little but always feels like such a waste of syns unless it's a special occasion or I'm out with friends x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok, so I'm off to Essex tomorrow. Am VERY excited.

Am so happy to be away from work for 9 days. :D I've had an awful day today, been spoken to like a piece of **** by one of my colleagues and whilst I can be very opinionated and outspoken I'm absolutely terrible in confrontational situations and it really upset me. Anyway, once I had calmed down I composed a very lengthy email to my boss reporting her sorry ass, (and she will be sorry I can assure you of that one), I feel slightly better about it, but it's still playing on my mind.

So, my itinerary for self-destruction over the weekend is as follows:

Thursday - Travel down, take food prepared at home for the journey. Attend SW class in the evening. Grab something quick and healthy from ASDA on way home. (Not too destructive so far). Destructive rating 0 out of 5

Friday - Free morning, may go to local gym / walking / HIIT training. Plan on doing some exercise anyway. Afternoon: going out for late lunch with my cousin, this will involve alcohol and could well carry on until the evening. Destructive rating 3 out of 5

Saturday - Free morning. I need to prepare some food that I'm going to take to "outdoor gathering" at my friend's house. This happens every year, and usually involves copious amounts of alcohol and cakes (amongst other high saturated fat, high carb, (high syn) "goodies"). I plan on taking along something like this:
fruit-platter.jpg
Am also going to make some marshmallow kebabs and buy some chocolate dipping sauce to take along for those that want it, so I'm not being too much of a goody two shoes. I'm going to take a bottle of gin and slimline tonic to drink as this is low syn, but after last year's 12 hour sesh I may well (once again) inhale everything with a proof rating in sight. Am going to try and be more sensible this year as I think, quite frankly, my liver will not be able to take it after being cleansed for three months. Destructive rating 4 out of 5 (could work out less if I can fit in a little bit of exercise in the morning but figure I'll probably be hanging from the night before so likelihood is slim)

Sunday - out with my cousins and their other-halfs for the day. This will involve alcohol and possibly eating out (do you notice I've not planned on cooking a "proper" meal yet :rolleyes:. Destructive rating 4 out of 5

Monday - Daytime is free although I may be taking a trip up to Norwich to see a close friend who's recently suffered a bereavement and because of this won't be at the "outdoor gathering". If I don't go, I can use the day to a) recover and b) get to the gym and do some damage limitation. Evening - out for a meal with close friend, don't know whether this will involve alcohol (quite probably) but I may be needing a break by this point. Destructive rating 2/3 out of 5

Tuesday - Meeting ex work colleagues in Basildon. Being that I'll be based in Chelmsford this will not involve alcohol as I will have to drive to Basildon and back and also want to keep a clear head for the journey home. I think we'll be going for something to eat. I am going to try and choose healthy options each time I go out for a meal. I'm not going to blow it on crappy food when I'll already be doing that on crappy drink. Destructive rating 1 out of 5

Wednesday - Travel home. Take prepared food for the journey. May get legs moving and go out on bike when I'm back.

Then it'll be Thursday and weigh-in day all over again. I don't think a gain of 3 pounds would be out of the question but I think I'd be disappointed with any more than that (all depends how much I lose tomorrow as well). If I can come back under 10 stone I think that will have been a success. I plan to get straight back on to the plan and up the exercise to hopefully wipe out the gain within the following week.

At least I have a plan: I plan to enjoy myself without being ridiculous. Last year was just messy. I just hope the alcohol doesn't warp my decision-making too much. But at-least I'm aware of that possibility so will try and stay in control.

My lunch from today:
mediterranean stuffed pepper, w roasted bns & leeks.jpg

For dinner tonight I used the pancake mix to make a pizza base and added passata, mozzarella, smoked salmon, peppers, mushrooms & chilli and baked in the oven. I think it would have been better to put the base in the oven for a while longer so it could crisp up as it was still a bit sloppy in the middle. Other than that, the outside bits were thin and crispy. Not like proper pizza dough but it's never going to be is it? Will definitely be doing that again when I need my pizza fix, it worked a treat.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I'm done now.
Cheerio for a bit.
Will try and get on whilst away but I may be a bit drunk *hic*

xxxxx

Have a fabulous holiday in Essex. Will I See you in the background of any shots of TOWIE next week? Hehe. Your plans sound fabulous and your right at the end of the day your controlling it where you can buy have decided to enjoy yoursel and deal with the consequences when u get back. You will have any gain off in no time Anyhows and will hav had a brilliant time with friends and family. Look Forward to hearing all about it when u get back :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok. So I've had one beer and feel a bit tipsy and have had the hysterics (laughing) and couldn't stop giggling. I stopped after 1 tho so all within my days syn allowance :) I got here in good time, (only took 4.5 hours) and spent the remainder of t'afternoon sunning myself in the garden. SW was, quite frankly, a bit weird. I have apparently put on 0.5lb which I think is neither here nor there, especially as I usually get weighed in the morning & scales at home were showing 3 lb loss! Stupid southern scales! I was very surprised nevertheless & a bit peeved. Over-it.com.

Night. X

Last edited:
Lightweight... yes indeedy! :eek:
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my time away. I drank alcohol!!! for the first time in over 3 months. Was quite tiddly after the first beer :party0016:
I ate out lots but when I was making my own meals I was sticking to plan and making sure I had a healthy breakfast every day. That said I completely over-indulged on many occasions and really enjoyed that and wasn't too worried by the expectation that I'd probably put on 3-5 pounds. So. I was amazed when I went back to "my" group and "my" scales to find I'd only put on another 1/2. I was expecting so much more, but then again, the week before, I was expecting a loss so it all evens itself out I think.

How it actually worked out:

Thursday - As planned. Self-destructive rating 0 out of 5. :checkmark:
Friday - Anticipated a 3/5 but was only a 1 or even 0.5 out of 5. I went to the local park in the morning for a bit of body magic having had a nice healthy breakfast
2012-07-27 09.23.40.jpg

The local park was really great, had all of this outdoor body equipment free to use (Come on Sunderland council, take a leaf will ya?)
603399_10150934359180672_23908735_n.jpg
Did a good hour and a half both there and doing some HIIT training. Went out for lunch with my cousin. We had tapas but all of the food (excepting the chorizo) was free foods so probably only that and any cooking oil would have been synned. I did have 16 syns worth of alcohol with 2 singles and 1 double G&(slimline)T's but figured the body magic would cover any surplus.
We were very sensible and came home (may be more due to the fact of our ages and that we can't take the pace any more) then had a nice dinner (and a beer, but it would've been rude not to) and watched the opening ceremony of the olympics.
2012-07-27 19.16.02.jpg
Saturday - (Here was where the fun begins) I'd say it was probably a 3 out of 5 though, so not as bad as I thought. I went back to the park in the morning to do another 90 mins of stuff. I then made my food for the party. Whaddya think?
2012-07-28 12.31.33.jpg
Not bad eh? I took my G&T as planned and only drank that all day (although I probably had 6 or 7, I lost count after 3 I think) along with one small glass of fizz. The food side of things wasn't as good though. My friend and her partner live in France so they had brought mountains of gorgeous cheese with them. I ploughed through it! No holding me back when I get the taste for cheese. I also had a slice of chocolate fudge cake (albeit a small slice, but still). So along with the alcohol, I was definitely well over my syns for the day.

Sunday - Did not drink. I felt really quite ill and a bit (a lot) down when I got up. Probably the Mother's Ruin that did it. Had another healthy breakfast

Attachments

• 2012-07-27 09.23.40.jpg
    2012-07-27 09.23.40.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 78
(Hmmm don't know what that thumbnail is doing on the post above. Ah well)
Sunday cont...
2012-07-29 09.42.04.jpg
My cousin and I went out for late lunch / early dinner to Chiquitos. Mmmmmmmmmm. Did the two-course special thing. It was so nice. Destruction rating probably down from expected 4/5 to 2/5. Didn't manage any body magic though.

Monday - Started off well but needed to go into town to sort out things with the estate agents. I ended up buying sandwiches (yes plural!) and chocolate. Although I did walk there and back. Not good. The old bingeing bug again! I ate out with my cousin and friend in the evening. Had three courses (oh I was going for it) and had a G&T and a mojito. Destruction up from 2/3 to 4 out of 5.

Tuesday - Met friends in Basildon for lunch. (Only had a Panini and green tea and left half of the bread). As anticipated by Donnajt it was indeed miserable, grey and rainy:
2012-07-31 14.07.16.2.jpg
Went back to Chiquitos for dinner as the previous visit resulted in a BOGOF fajita deal that just had to be used. Didn't drink though.

Wednesday - Came home :'( (Not before stopping off at Sainsbury's and getting plenty of unhealthy supplies (not going into it) for the journey home. Don't know what I was thinking!!! :brainfart:

All in all, the start of the week went very well, deteriorating rapidly towards the end, therefore I was expecting a hefty gain when I went to SW (back to my normal group). How surprised was I that only put on 1/2lb then? Gave myself a good kicking and thanked my lucky stars that it wasn't more and left determined to get back on track.

I think it worked...

I lost 4.5lbs this week. I was very surprised as I was away at the caravan over the weekend and ate out both nights, and drank on one of them. Have been good the rest of the week so was expecting a loss but 4.5! Blimey!

Right, enough from me as that's taken about an hour. It's nice to be back (to normal) but have birthday weekend coming up so goodness knows how that's going to work out.

Byeeeee for now. xxx

Last edited:
Back