my meringues are coming out...

chazzdiver

horribly!:cry:

i don't know why, but they don't seem to have any of the same textures or tastes as a meringue should. they come out rather deflated and well yeah...rubbish.

any suggestions or special ways you all make them? i'm pretty sure it's me that's doing something wrong with this, even if i do have a tempermental cooker:D

I just can't make meringues with sweetener. They go all flat and not at all chewy and yummy like proper meringues.
I've given up trying and just syn the M&S or Tesco finest ones!

I have to say I haven't had any success with the sweetener version either. Syn -ing the shop bought seems to be the way to go! :(

what sweetener are you using? Most of them are pretty pants for baking with. I can only use Splenda and even then only in certain recipes.

And I've never tried meringues ...

LOL well thanks anyway guys...:( i used splenda too, so there doesn't seem to be much hope.

ones made with sweetener are pretty foul to be honest, I really think you need the sweetness of real sugar as sweetener can have a bitter after taste and just doesnt cook in the same way.

I can buy some biggish ones here, which are 60 calories each, so 3 syns. But they go a long way with some fresh fruit and fat free yoghurt.

Back