My metamorphosis log - final stage

Well done Butterfly! You are doing great and planning is key!

I must get some water in me - I'm hopeless at it.

Enjoy your day and remember to take some time out for yourself even if it's only 5 minutes!

Welcome Lorna, what an interesting diary! You have done so very well, 7lbs from goal WOW! Can't better this comment from Raquel though.

hey butterfly, I understand where you are coming from with the whole wishing you had the control you did on ss. My control and resist of temptation was amazing! If I was to cook tea for my boy, I would not even taste it to see if it was hot enough, cooked etc.....nothing tuched my lips that was not in the book. But once you release the grip and go up the plans, it does get tough, and I think it really is where all the work begins.....for me it did anyway, and I'm still struggling with it.

Just up your water, stay focused and positive and you will be fine! :)

Looking forward to getting to know you.
:)

Well done hon your doing fab... keep glugging that water...
I suddenly got hungry from reading your post I love chicken kebabs.. yum yum!!
Your doing great hon you really are .Hang in there x

Back again and reporting a good day, mostly. I did lick the spoon after making jam, but its not the end of the world. More importantly i cooked my meal, as planned and really enjoyed it. For the time being, i think its important to just get into the routine of planning/cooking and enjoying food, as opposed to beating myself up over a licked spoon. Food: Chicken breast, mixed leaf stirfry with thai style spices and oriental soup as a sauce/side dish. I loved it, felt very satisfied and loved just sitting down to eat. Looking forward to tomorrows meal now! (i had cooked double chicken, so to have with salad tomorrow but OH decided he liked it- the cheek!, although i'm secretly pleased as this means i can cook the same stuff for the both of us which will be easier)
Evenings are still the worse time. Saved a mousse and half a bar for tonight. Will try to remember this and have a stash of healthy snacks for when i move up again in the future. Off to watch '24' dvd, gripping stuff....xx

Well, not looking forward to WI....think i may have sts or gained one..:(. I didn't help that i had majority of my food/cd late yesterday aswell, sure that will be still sitting heavy iykwim. I try not to get too bothered by the numbers, as this is more about my long term changes as opposed the quick fix. Also a pain, is that DD woke at 5am (as usual) but wheras she normally goes to sleep in bed with us, refused to today, she has a bit of a cough and hence we got up stupidly early. Normally i don't eat/drink pre WI as its 930am every wed. but bit difficult this morning to resist that coffee! I know its stupid but i almost feel a bit embarrassed when i don't do well. My cdc is lovely but doesn't really say anything more to me than i can figure out myself or on here. In fact I end up giving her info most of the time, makes me think membership of minis ought to be compulsory for cdc's! Then theres another part of me that thinks I'm a bloody fool, because i am spending almost £40 a week and just not putting the 100% i need to get the results i want, so it feels like a waste and i'm mad at myself cause i know it will work if i put the effort in.

DD in nursery at 9, think may still take her as she is not 'ill' in herself, its a shame for her to miss out. Then got childfree time to catch up on cleaning, pick her up at 1 then off to visit folks. Prob eat late when get home, so will take shakes with me for the day. Prob have chicken breast/veg/soup sauce. That is, if i can move my butt, i am soooo tired......
Off to get ready. xx

Hey Butterfly, you sound like you are doing great, good luck for WI today! Enjoy some child-free 'you-time', not just for cleaning!
Have a fab day!

x

Well, not as bad as expected, lost 1lb!:D Really thrilled as it still means i'm going in the right direction. Feeling focused and positive, have had half a bar and plan to have a half a shake in an hour or two, get used to spacing out my intake. Only thing is, i am still so tired, could easily fall asleep.
You're right Lelly, and not the first person to say about having 'me' time. We just need to have 36hr days please so to get stuff done. Its the one thing my OH (and most men...!) doesn't quite get, that even though i work part time (29.5hrs), i am a full time mother, cook, cleaner etc. and it never stops. Sometimes like going to work for the break! I know it the same for most people, and i shouldn't moan, but do seem to have had a fair run recently where there has been little else except 'have to do' jobs day in day out. I am actually debating now either having a sit down with my new Cambridge mag. or doing some excercise (pilates dvd) and ignoring the cleaning. Oooohhh choices....body wants to sit down, head thinks i should excercise..? xx

Ignore the cleaning and read the mag - I would've if I were at home!

Brill with the 1lb loss, keep up the good work, drink the water, keep posting and just take it easy - you are doing great x

Then theres another part of me that thinks I'm a bloody fool, because i am spending almost £40 a week and just not putting the 100% i need to get the results i want, so it feels like a waste and i'm mad at myself cause i know it will work if i put the effort in.

Oh yes, I have felt exactly the same.

Well, not as bad as expected, lost 1lb!:D

i work part time (29.5hrs), i am a full time mother, cook, cleaner etc. and it never stops. Sometimes like going to work for the break! I know it the same for most people, and i shouldn't moan, but do seem to have had a fair run recently where there has been little else except 'have to do' jobs day in day out. I am actually debating now either having a sit down with my new Cambridge mag. or doing some excercise (pilates dvd) and ignoring the cleaning. Oooohhh choices....body wants to sit down, head thinks i should excercise..? xx

Doesn't sound very 'part time' to me!! Stuff the cleaning, have a break; as Lelly says, it's very important!
Doze on the sofa with a drink and a mag/book and here's a tip, get the hoover out and then ignore it. When OH comes back or anyone calls round....well you've been so busy...!! See, we're sharp in Shropshire!! :D

Well done on the lb, that is fab for this week, when you were so sure you'd not lose. Yay!!! Now you are getting into the routine, those losses should keep on coming. Hope you opted for a curl-up on sofa, sometimes when your body tells you its is tired, you really need to listen!

xxx

Well done on your weight loss and what you have already achieved. You have done so well and i certainly believe that maintenance is the hardest part of this whole journey. Look forward to reading your updates.
Take it easy x

Well, sorry guys, i didn't quite heed advice.....but i did not clean! Which felt great. I did get out my pilates ring and the 'beginners' dvd and do a quick session. It's just mat work and toning so not too exhausting, and i really enjoyed it! I've got about 10dvds of the Windsor pilates with mat/ring and resistance band stuff on as well as cardio routines, my dear mother bought it from qvc with good intentions that failed, but at least i'll benefit! I agree i need to chill out sometimes, and listen to my body but hoped toning wouldn't be too strenuous.
Been meaning to start doing something for ages, it is no lie that i am a lazy sloth when it comes to exercise, so i hope for this to be my starting point. I did a 0.5hr toning and 0.5hrcardio session this morning too! My stomach is a bit achey now though. Aim to try to do at least one session a day.

Bess, you made me chuckle, i do that when i am trying to pretend i've not been on minis for the last hour before OH comes home!

Shopped yesterday and found a lovely black dress, (just a plain wrap one) which is a potential standby for the Christening at which I am a Godparent. Its a size 10!!! My first EVER! Ok, so its a wrap so its cheating a bit and none of the other 10's fit very well but none the less, i was chuffed. Feel really good in it.

Food: Chicken kebab and wilted greens yesterday,100% day.
Today have been good, keeping up with the water, so tempted to nibble several times (moms lasagne for DD's lunch) but saving self for tea. Have had bar already and just going to get tea ready. Going to have rest of kebab, with bit of cottage cheese (as chicken is under stated amount) and salad. Looking forward to it.

I couldn't agree more about maintenance being the hardest bit, i spend as much time as i can reading books/diarys to begin to build up and idea of the things that may help or hinder me. At the end of the day, i just don't know how i will cope when i've finished losing and just want to stay static. The thought that i could fail terrifies me... I can only imagine how hard it really is, reading your logs gives a really good insight. Have never calorie counted before, so need to look into that a bit more. I can only take it one step at a time and try my hardest, which i am determined to do. Thanks for your help xx

Congrats on the size 10 dress.
I think you are doing really well. :)

Well done on the size 10 dress, yay!!!!!

xxx

Good morning diary and all! I am feeling wonderful, DD up at 5 but fell back asleep with me till 9, so feel like a new woman this morning. My legs and stomach are still in agony, sitting and standing unaided kills me, so not sure what exercise to do today, will think of something.
Planning on another 100% day but not decided on food plan yet, will do when get back from town, before i think about going to bed again for a couple of hours, oh...what luxury! Back later xx

Well, now at work, so had lots of time to catch up on here. Nice job eh!!?
Did have a moment where i lost my halo today.:( Silly fool. It was purely reactional to the fact that i was annoyed with OH.

Had a row about DD's tea. She still has her cold, but is doing ok in herself. Wouldn't eat her reasonably healthy lasagne and salad for lunch. Then it turns out OH and DD were going out to his folks for the afternoon (while i have a kip- pre night shift) and they asked him to stay for tea, a chip shop treat. I said i wasn't happy about her having a chippy, we struggle to get her to eat anyway, but its been worse the last few weeks, so i don't think she should have a chippy if she will not eat healthier options. When she is hungry, she will eat, and i'd rather that the only option she has is not purely junk food and is balanced. He argued 'she's ill- she can have a bit of what she likes', i argue that if she's hardly eating, its better that what she does have is healthier. She has already had this once this week (and i normally limit it to once per 1-2 wks). Anyway this carried on for ages and he took her anyway, haven't spoke since so don't know what they ate but i was just so angry. Realistically, i do still think i am right, but not sure if my viewpoint is being a bit skewed by my own issues, i just want to avoid the development of any bad habits early on.
Anyway, after this i nibbled, picked the nuts/seeds out of some bombay mix, and had a square of dark chocolate, and about 8 yoghurt coated raisins. Felt bad immediately, and so wish i hadn't done it. I new it wasn't what i wanted, and was more to do with being p'd off with OH. What a stupid way to react, know i need to stop this emotional eating. Especially as apart from that i had been so very good all day. didn't let it continue though, and got back to plan and had tea.
Food: nibbled (as above). Quorn/courgette/mushroom mix with mush soup/ topped cottage cheese. Split into half, and this helped me not feel so bloated. Yet to have a bar and shake, but save for through the night.
Waffle over, having good night at work, so quiet have managed to spend loads of time on here! Going to do some exercise on break soon. Back soon xx

Hope you get some rest now the night shift is over, and make up with OH... can see both sides of this, but it's natural to be concerned if she is such a picky eater... hope it all works out OK.

xxx

Back