My mission to destroy my inner fat girl!!!

starburst85

So this is the 1st I have decided to write a diary. I just feel i need to keep a track of what i eat somewhere. I thought this was the best place to do it, so people can keep me in check if i am making mistakes lol!! I am going to set myself monthly goals and I am hoping by doing the diary they will help me reach my goals.

So for October I want to lose 10lbs. I weigh in on a Monday. So that means I have 5 weigh-ins starting today so hopeful i will get there.

Monday 1st October 2012

Breakfast - beans on toast (HXB) 1tbsp of brown sauce (1 Syn) An orange.
Lunch - 2 corn on the cob, half a plate of green beans and 4x prawn kebabs (2 syns)
Dinner - Homemade fried rice with lots of superfree veg.

Snack Hifi light bar (3 Syns) and HXA milk for tea

Total syns 6

I lost 2lbs tonight. So happy with that. I did however slip up an have treat night when I got home. I had a special fried rice from the Chinese which it says is 9 syns but I didn't have the hifi light bar so I think I may have still came in on syns. However my Chinese was quite large so I can't see it being an average portion. This dairy isn't starting out very well lol! I'm just gonna draw a line under it and get straight back on plan in the morn. I have my magic porridge chillin in the fridge, and my soup is already to go for an easy working lunch.

Today I am in an upbeat mood ready for the new week ahead. I am determind to lose weight this week. I am going out with the girls from work on sat so i am going to be so strick and on plan this week and leave a wee cushion then for saturday night.

Today i am having.
Breakfast - Magic porridge HXB with blackberries
Tea break - Hi Fi light bar (3Syns)
Lunch - Butternut squash and red pepper soup, an apple and an orange
Dinner - Quorn crispy fillets (6 syns) 2tbs sweet chilli sauce (3 Syns) with slimming world chips and Green beans

Total syns 12

Last edited:
Was in asda last night doing my shopping and bought a few new things to try that were on offer so just hope the syns arent too high!! They had some great deals on fresh veg aswell like big of carrots and parsnips for 50p. So i bought lots of veg to fill my plate with super free.

Today i will have

Breakfast - Magic porridge (HXB) with blackberries
Tea beak - pear
Lunch - butternut squash and red pepper soup (will post reciepe in seperate post) apple and orange
Snack - plum
Dinner - Chicken sizzler from asda (4.5 Syns) baked potato, carrott and Parsnip, sugarsnap pods

Total syns - 4.5 syns

Butternut squash and red peper soup.

Butternut squash x1
Red pepper x1
Carrot x1
potato x1
Red Chilli x1
Veg stock cube x2

Make up some veg stock in a pint and a half of water. Wash and chop roughly all the veg and add to the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45mins. When finished blitz it all up and enjoy!!

Today is one of those manic days in work that make me glad I have been prepared and brought my food with me.

Today I will have
Breakfast - 2 oat scan (2 syns) weight watchers yougart and blackberries
Snack - Pear
Lunch - Batcherlors rice with mushrroms added and an orange
Dinner - Lasange Good for you range from asda (6.5 Syns) with slimming world chips (HXB for extra virgin olive oil) broccoli and sugarsnaps.

Total syns 8.5

Well the hubby got a new job so we are off out for our dinner tonight to celebrate. Gonna stay on plan and get some sort of meat with veg and baby potatoes. Hopefully but I love the restaurant we are going to and the bad food will be so hard to resist. Was on plan all morning and lunch time for breakfast I had scan bran hxb with fruit. Then at lunch I had an apple and half a pasta in sauce. So I have a whole 15 syns to use for my dinner. Will pop back later to update with what I had.

Ok who was I kidding there was no way I could go to diner and be good. I have a serious case of eaters regret now!!! I had a rack of ribs and salsa fries :( on the plus side though no wine was consumed still feel so **** but gonna draw a line under it and start tomorrow afresh. I have a feeling this isn't going to be a great week on the scales. My sister is coming for diner and drink tomorrow though so gonna make us a slimming world friendly meal and I have bought martini blanco to drink only 2.5 syns per measure so can have a few of those. My sister doesn't know I am at sw cause I don't feel ready to have the whole family know it just seems like an extra pressure. My husband and one of my sisters know and they are so supportive but I feel like others in my family get jealous and try to to bring you down. When u try to do something for yourself to improve yourself.

As a new member myself i just wanted to say hi i'm loving reading the food diarys think it really helps you feel like others are in the same boat as you :)
carrie-ann

Well needless to say I didnt get back on track after my diner out on friday untill Sunday so I will be doing well just to stay the same tonight when I go to get weighed in. Im gutted I didnt have any self control on friday night or all of Sat!!! I have no more major plans for nights out now though until the Halloween. Cant believe its nearly Halloween EEKKKKK!! Where is the time going. So I really need to knuckle down if I want to make my own monthly challenge this month!!!

So back on track from yesterday even if I did use all 15 syns lol!!! The next few days will be low syn for a while just to try and off set any damage. carrying into the new week. I will pop back later tonight with details of my weigh in.

Today I will have:
Breakfast - An orange, ww yougart and 2 hifi light bars (HXB)
Lunch -Chicken salad and an apple
Dinner - Chicken in tomato and basil sauce (2 SYNS) Rice and extra veg of cabbage, onions and mushrooms.

Total syns 2

Ok I have decided to write about how pants i feel today after being bad today so i can look back in a couple of weeks time and be discouraged from doing it again!! The weekend is only 2 days yet I feel like those 2 days have just ruined my whole week. I was brilliantly on plan up untill Friday evening!!!! It is not worth feeling this crap about myself for a few bad things. From now on if i am going out on a night out I will have reduced syns all week and limit the damage to that one night or day not let it take over my whole weekend!!! Remember Star you felt like pants today you knew you could of been on for a great weight loss this week!!! If only for the dreaded weekend plans. I dont want to feel like my life is on hold while i diet. I know with Slimming world i dont have to i just need to plan my weekends out better!!!!!

Ok so I have been beating myself up all day only to find I have lost 1.5lbs this week. I can't help wonder what my loss would of been if I had stayed on track last week. I guess I'm just never happy lol. I had a fun size bag of maltesers tonight so that brings my syn total today to 7!!

Well its the start of a new week!!! Not that too many people want to hear it but 11 weeks today and it will be xmas!!!! I am looking forward to xmas this year. I hope i will be nearly 1.5 stones lighter by then. Thats my goal but anything else is a bonus. I have a few things coming up in the next few months though that could derail me. In Novemeber i am going to Glasgow for a girlie weekend which I am super excited about. Then in December I am going to Dublin for our works xmas diner for the weekend. I am hoping to be a smaller size so i can get a new dress for both!!! So that thought should keep me on track till then!!! Now back to the week at hand. I am gonna plan all my meals this week and hopeful wont let the weekend throw me off track when it roll around!!!

Today i will have

Breakfast - an orange and 2 hifi lights
Lunch - Chicken salad an apple and a ww yougart
Diner - Smoked cod with cabbage, carrot and parsnip, and rice 2 tablespoons of salad cream 5 syns

Total syns - 5

Last edited:
I have been MIA for a few day but thankfully I have managed to stay on track. I had to weigh in at the morning class this week as it was my hubby 1st day in his new job today so i wanted to be at home this evening with him to hear about his day. (Sad i know lol) I am well chuffed though I lost 3.5lbs so that means i have nearly dropped a stone in 4 weeks. I couldn't really ask for more. I am over the moon. gonna try and be super on track this week as i have my mother and father in laws anniversary dinner this sat at Ruby Tuesdays. Never been there before but should be good. My little boy is going into hospital on Wednesday for an operation so have to be super prepared and bring my food with me so i don't give in to the vending machines.

Well done on the 3.5lb loss, really impressive loss and you are well on your way to that new dress. Hope everything goes well on Wednesday and good luck with vending machine avoidance!

Thanks very much edinemma!!! I think I will wait a few more weeks before I go looking for the new dress!! But like you say I am well on my way. I am dreading tomorrow I just hope it all goes well. My son is having his ears pinned back. He has been bullied about the issue for a long time now so I just hope the operation results live up to his expectations. I dont think his ears are bad they are him and they add to his wee personalitly. I just cant stat to watch him come home in tears anymore. Children can be so cruel to each other sometimes.

I have so much to do today to get organised for tomorrow and of course tipically I am stuck in work.

Ok time to be honest with myself i haven't been on plan 100% since about Wednesday. It all started so well after weigh in last week and i even managed to avoid the vending machines at the hospital lol. My wee son has been so poorly ever since the operation that i have been focusing all my attention on him and not really trying hard with my diet. My wee son didn't want to leave the house with his bandages on so we have been stuck in for a few days so haven't really been able to get proper shopping in either. Then we had the in laws anniversary dinner which was most definatley not slimming world friendly lol Hopefully the damage wont be too bad.

Gonna try really hard this week the only thing that can throw me off track is sat cause i am going to a halloween party and fully intend to have a good wee drink. but i will just try to avoid the nibbles .

Back