My Mostly Green diary!

Another 100% day! I think not snacking between meals as much is helping loads with staying on track and also reading other peoples diaries etc... been trying not to have too much processed packet food like pasta n sauces etc and using fresh things instead.
Glad I decided to try sw again! I always knew it worked! Just trying to mix the meals up a bit so I don't get bored.

Hello! Shamelessly stalking you from AWinkOfPink's diary for the scone recipe! Care to share? :D

View attachment 64591

Scones I made ( 7 syns) with jam and total 0% Greek yogurt! Was so yummy! Got the recipe from another food diary...will def make again.

I've just ordered my online shop for tomorrow..got lots of lentils, chickpeas and quorn as well as fruit and veg. Really wanted to buy tofu but unsure of how to use...any ideas?

Aww i'm so glad you liked the scones!:D They look delicious topped with the jam and greek yogurt! ...After seeing your comment on my diary, I just had to make a batch too! I'm looking forward to having one with some strawberry jam and Anchor light aerosol cream …mmmm lol xx

Green day

A-milk
A-30g cheese
B-fibre plus bar
B-fibre plus bar

Breakfast- banana, apple and grapes mixed with a activia fat free yogurt ( the only breakfast that keeps my full till lunchtime)

Lunch- leftover mushroom and lentil loaf with tons of spinach

Dinner- well I really really wanted mcdonalds and nearly went to buy one but instead I'm cooking a pasta n sauce with a quorn burger! Could actually cry but I know I'll feel tons better for not giving in!

Had half of the pasta n sauce.

Syns- pasta n sauce- .5
Quorn burger-.5
Custard-8
Hot choc-2

Last edited:
Really struggling today....so far I haven't given in but I so badly want chocolate x

Didn't give in to the chocolate!! Had to go bed early though lol...feel good today.

Green

A-milk
A-
B-fibre plus bar
B-2 fruit crunch ryvita

Breakfast- apple, banana and activia fat free yogurt
Coffee

Lunch- dried egg noodles with quorn pieces, mushrooms, broccoli and Chinese 5 spice.

Dinner- roasted butternut squash risotto... First time I've ever had and cooked risotto and I was pleasantly surprised! Was gorgeous! Very filling though

Banana and custard

Syns- strawberry custard pot-8

Went and bought a ton of fruit, some kallo coconut milk and chocolate oatly milk which both can be used as a HEXA! How exciting!

Last edited:
Hello! Shamelessly stalking you from AWinkOfPink's diary for the scone recipe! Care to share? :D

Sorry it's taken so long to reply!! I don't usually get chance to use the laptop so I usually update on the phone...but the kids are all asleep! Yay! By the way I love your food diary....lots of really good ideas.. Will pop over and say hello.

Here's the recipe, copied from WinkOfPink's diary ( hope she doesn't mind) They were really yummy.

Syns:

6 average sized scones - 7 syns each
or 12 mini scones - 3.5 syns each

Ingredients:
170g/6 oz self raising flour
28g/1oz utterly butterly spread
125ml semi-skimmed milk
28g sultana's
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
Sweetener to taste

Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 230 degrees/gas mark 8.
- Sift the flour, salt and sweetener into a mixing bowl (hold back a little flour for dusting the work surface to roll the dough).
- Add the margarine and using your fingertips, rub the margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sultana's, 3/4 of the milk and the vanilla essence, mixing softly with a knife until you form a dough.
- Transfer the dough from the mixing bowl onto a floured surface.
- Lightly knead the dough until soft, then using your hands gently pat down the dough to a 1" thickness.

- Using a pastry cutter, cut out 6 scones (making sure not to twist the pastry cutter - as this will prevent the scones from rising).
- Place the scones onto a baking tray lightly sprayed with frylight.
- Brush the scones with the leftover milk then place them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until risen and golden.

- Enjoy warm or if you prefer them cold, cover the scones with a tea towel whilst cooling - this keeps them lovely and soft. Store in an air-tight container

Oooh not long till weigh in day! ( Saturday)

Green day

A- 400ml kara milk
A- 30g cheese
B- fibre plus bar ( nearly all gone!)
B- 2 alpen lights

Breakfast- peach, banana, plum and yogurt

Lunch- carrot soup and 2 boiled eggs
Peach
plum

Dinner- Baked aubergine stuffed with a quorn bolognese ( quorn mince, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, korma spices) and cheese on top.
Spinach

Syns- strawberry custard -8
Options cherry choc- 3

1 syn over what I would usually have but its not too bad.

Last edited:
A- milk
A-
B- ww petit pain
B-2 alpen lights

Breakfast- peach, plum, kiwi and yogurt
Coffee

Lunch- carrot and coriander soup with ww petit pain
Water

Dinner-

Savoury Thai chilli rice and a quorn burger ( 0.5 syn)

Really didn't like the rice....was bland and just didn't like it..
Tiny bit annoyed as I'm too tired to cook anything else

Syns- hot choc 2
Strawberry custard 8
And for some silly reason I had a fudge chocolate bar!!! No idea of the syns but I have weigh on tomorrow morning! Why did I do it!

Last edited:
Weigh in and I've lost a 1lb!!! Nearly at my target Eeeek!

A-milk
A-30g cheese
B- alpen lights
B- alpen lights! My gosh...had 4 today!! Really need to get some new HEXBs

Breakfast- peach, plum, 2 alpen lights with activia fat free yogurt over
Coffee

Lunch- mushroom and lentil loaf and salad
Kiwi

Dinner- actifried chips, 2 quorn sausages and beans! My favourite comfort meal ever!

Syns- Sausages- 2.
Planning on having wine tonight so high syns for today but will cut down for the rest of the week

Only had 1 glass of wine- 6
Finger of fudge- 6

So 14 syns altogether which considering I was gonna go way over is great!

Last edited:
Oh my god! Just found out the flavoured water I drink is 5 syns for a bottle!!!!! It's the volvic touch of fruit drink.........I've been drinking loads of it. Will have to check these things before I eat/drink it :eek:

Aww it's okay! I can't wait to try it. Mind you not for a while because I'm at a wedding now and everything's going in my gobbledy gob!! Will have to be really good for at least a week to undo the damage!

cheekychinchilla said:
Yay for the loss :D
Urgh it's so annoying when you find out something like that has syns :(

And water of all things lol I thought I was being super healthy!

Great diary Lisa! I'm a pretty much green only girl (although I did a red day yesterday!) as I'm a veggie so always looking for new green ideas x

missy1978 said:
Great diary Lisa! I'm a pretty much green only girl (although I did a red day yesterday!) as I'm a veggie so always looking for new green ideas x

Thank you. In the last week I've become vegetarian.......never used to eat meat much anyway but I've also now cut out fish... It's actually much harder than I thought due to all the hidden things like gelatine etc! I will have to seek your diary out for ideas x

Green day

A- milk
A-40g cheese in loaf
B-fibre plus bar
B-ww Petit pain

Breakfast- banana, orange, kiwi with activia ff yogurt

Lunch- leftover Mushroom and lentil loaf with salad

Fibre plus bar

Dinner-

2 quorn sausages ( 2 syns)
Roast potatoes ( 0.5 syns for oil)
Broccoli
Yorkshire pudding ( 2.5)
Onion gravy ( gonna say 5 even though it wasn't lots)

Syns- 10 on dinner!! Was delicious though.

ww Petit pain with a chopped banana inside...did not feel like 'diet' food at all!

Lots of SUGAR FREE volvic touch of fruit water!

Last edited:
Back