My names Paul, im 28 years old and want to reach 183lbs

Paulorwhat

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul, im a relatively fit and active 28 year old guy. But i have always been a little chubby, and im just sick and tired of it if i am honest.
I know 17lbs is not a massive weight loss goal...but a part of my goal is simply achieving this. I always seem to give up, hopefully writing this Diary will give me the support i need to push my self.

I will write on here any chance i have, and if i lose the weight then great! Oh i should have mentioned im going to be working out too, so ill be gaining muscle...so this 17lbs is gonna be hard i think.

I will post some pictures on my instagram, follow me : Paulorwhat

Salad here i come...!!

Paul

So first day has gone really well;

Went for a run, and eaten nothing but salads and chicken! Going well...but being hungry all the time is no fun. Especially with the limited amount of will power that i possess!
I will weigh my self on the weekend, and lets see how i get on.

Dont even know if anyone out there is reading this, but im going to persevere as it gives me more focus!

Hiya Paul, welcome to Minimins :)

That sounds like a great first day, and well done on getting out for a run! How did you find it? I've just started running over the past couple of months and I have to say I'm really enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

If you're feeling hungry, it's always worth stocking up on healthy little snacks to stop the temptation of binging on anything too bad. I find having a cup-a-soup or some dried fruit works a charm.

Aww thankyou very much for the advice. Dried fruit definitely sounds like a good idea!

I used to run quite a bit, so the running is not too bad...its coupling it with a strict diet that im finding hard. But another day down, and im still going strong...always have an apple or a pear with me incase i get too hungry! Its lucky i love chicken, because thats my main intake at the moment.

Nearly forgot to mention i went for another run today. hehe :D

Im just picturing the scales in my head, and cant wait to get on them.

Well i stuck to it all week, i ran 5 days out of 7....and after a weigh in i lost 1 pound.

Its a bit demoralising to say the least!

Hey I am also a new user and determined to loose weight...although have much further to go :) How did you find your first week? You seem very determined. I wouldn't be disappointed with 1lb. It's well known that if you have less to loose its harder to come off. But also like you say with increasing exercise you're probably gaining muscle weight.

Good Luck :)

Hey Paul, 1lb is a great loss. Just think if you keep that up for another 4 months you'll be at target!

Remember as well that if you're running a lot, your muscles will retain water after exercise to help with the repair. I've always noticed my weight-loss tends to be lower the day after a run but I know a bit of it will be water retention.

Are you counting calories or following any particular eating plan ? Notice that being a smart a*se I avoided the word DIET :cool:

The way my head works regarding food, if I feel bored, hungry or that I am depriving myself by what I am eating, I am doomed to fail. If you see it as healthy eating for now and the future and learn to make healthy choices, you don't need to live on chicken and salad, yummy as it is :p Most things can be incorporated in moderation depending on what plan you are following. You're in the right place, lots of tips and support on this site to help you succeed. Good Luck :) chips x

Back