my new diary

with having kids in the house and when there playing with there friends and come in saying can we get this that or the next thing i always give out ice pops then it doesnt matter if theres 4 kids or 24 kids lol cheap n easy to share ,, so i have loads of them in the house all year round sometimes big ones and some times just the little uns but it all helps the taste buds,,

Definitely, it's a shame it's not warmer at Halloween, ice pops would be ace to give out then too! You're right on the taste buds thing too, sometimes all you need is just flavour.

Btw. on the Tefel actifry, I've not used one, but if it's Tefel it can't be bad!

Bron

i fancy the actifry coz u only need a spoonful of oil to cook a kilo of chips which i think aint bad at all, read a few reviews on it and the majority say its fantastic and u can cook lots of things in it not just chips and some of the stuff doesnt need oil to cook it so its dry frying think ill have to invest and try it out coz i like chips now and then but hate oven chips and dont want them smothered in oil

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! Maybe have a look at some reviews and see what other people say.

Oven chips are naff. Mirco chips are worse. Good chips, sadly, are deep fat fryer ones. But the actifry sounds like it'll be a good chip investment. How much do they come in at? Might have to put it on the wedding gift list!

Bron

it varies from between £130- £150 for one is a huge investment oh the price we pay for trying to be healthy

I'm sure I have friends that love me that much! Hehe! Tell me about it, the healthier/lower in fat/lower in sugar something is, the more expensive it is. You'd think the government would have wanted to lower the price of things that encourage healthier lifestyles.

Bron

yeah that would be nice especially as there always harping on that the nhs cant cope with people being unhealthy

Exactly, it would be such an investment for them if the government could lower the prices of everything. I remember reading something about "fat taxing", which would raise the price of unhealthy foods and lower the price of healthier snacks. Holland and Barrett would become such a haven of goodness!

Bron

i remember something in the news as to how they were looking at putting up the price of chocolate and unhealthy stuff to try put the kids of eating it and hoping to end the obesity problem,,, but on the the other side they would need to lower the healthy food prices , i would love to eat the so called healthier meats like venison and game more often but its so expensive so i cut all the fat of any meat i eat instead and have the healthier meats occasionally

They've definitely upped the prices of chocolate and crisps. 60p for a bag of crisps!? I remember putting 35p into vending machines for Walkers. Though having said that - and the hypocrisy of the government continues - the portion sizes are bigger too.

It would be ace if the healthier food could be cut in price. I love Nana's No cookies, which are vegan and sugar free. They're massive, half the kcals of a regular giant cookie but more than twice the price. Veeeery occasional treat...

Bron

not heard of them but i dont know much about vegan food

They're amazing! They have wheat and gluten free versions too. But at £1.69 a pop, it's a rare, very treatly kind of treat.

You mentioned venison, I've not had it before. Is it pretty easy to get hold of? Think I've only really seen it in Europe.

Bron

venison is getting easier to get hold of,, can get it in sainsburys and i had a leaflet shoved thru the door from a farm that does it could go to there farm shop or get it online but its expensive

That's cool, fingers crossed the price'll drop too so it'll be both easy to get hold of and wallet friendly. Have you checked how much the farm shop is directly? Smaller businesses normally end up cheaper, with the benifit of being well sourced. I'm all about local businesses!

Bron

the farm shop is pretty expensive aswell the leaflet had the prices on it but when i feel flush one day i think ill treat us all to a nice bit

Back again!

Shame the farm shop's expensive.

I read that you were making egg free mayo, is someone in your family allergic? If you haven't tried it already, Plamil's is pretty easy to find, they're an egg free mayonaise. There's probably other brands on websites like VeganStore too. I've not tried it, so I can't pass total judgement, but as a brand Plamil's is pretty wicked.

Bron

hey kazzy. how's the scottish slimmers prep going? still on the straight and narrow?

abz xx

hiya ladies,,

Abz im doing well in preperation for it still on the straight and narrow and not feeling to bad at all pretty damn proud of myself lol long may it continue

bron nah nobody allergic to eggs i just like trying mad new recipes now and then im a bit crazy like that i made a xmas cake last year just for fun i dont even like xmas cake but i think everyone who had some has just about sobered up now lol

Last edited:
well ive had a good day so far,, this time of day is the worst so im having some watermelon nice juicy and yummy,, for breakfast i had 2 slices of very lightly buttered toast ( my mum always says me using butter is waste of time as i scrape it on and scrape it off again) and for lunch i had a tortilla wrap with salad and ham and a light scraping of philadelphia light ,,,, not sure yet what im having tonite tho will probably be rice, fish and veg i love rice and lots of diff flavours to add to the taste once i have been to scottish slimmers im sure ill have a more varied diet emotionally im feeling pretty good about everything all is going well in the house im sure it wont last with 3 teenagers sitting exams this month and the stress of organising daughters engagement party will get to me at some point im sure

Next time your in the mood to make a Xmas cake, send some over to me, I know a few people who could do with 6 months of being intoxicated. lol :D

Back