my new diary

STAFFIES!!!!! :D I love Staffies! As a rule, I'm a cat person, but Staffies are the one breed of dog I would home every time!

Oo, good luck at Scottish Slimmers! Let us know how it goes :D

Sucks that the treat gave you a tummy ache. Hate when that happens :( In theory, we learn from the experience and make sure we stop before it hurts next time. I wish I could say I did do that though ;)

Bron

well today has been a pretty good day ,,,, the class was pretty motivational seems a bit clique at minute but isnt everywhere when you first start, lots of older ladies there, got a recipe book and there check guide which tells me everything i need to know about checks lol all good stuff i shall be going back next week.

Caz the wii fit , is for the nintendo wii, its a balance board that you stand on and a game where you do different excersices its a good laugh so doesnt feel like excercise the down side is the price but the kids will use it aswell.

Bron i aint in a rush to have another kebab put it that way but after reading my checks no reason i cant in future, but it has def put me off for the time being and also all this healthy eating is filling me up i dont really wanna snack to much.

Glad the Scottish Slimmers went well. You'll be in with the cliques before you know it. Like you said, it's the same everywhere when you're new.

You mentioned the checks, what are they? Kind of like Weight Watcher's Points or Syns on Slimming World?

Oh no, there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have another kebab in the future. Just check where it comes from, there's always something a little dodgy about kebab meat :S

Bron

the checks probably are like syns and points ,,, theres 25 calories to a check so is simple enuff to work out things and theres also lots of check free meals which is brilliant lol so i can probably save enuff checks up over week so i can still have my sat nite takeaway and a few drinks at weekend aswell,, i still wanna live despite needing to lose weight,,,, and i figure if im not having the 12 pkts of crisps a day i could eat then im doing good and thats the worst thing out of my diet away but time will tell when i hit the scales next wednesday

you'll do it kazzy. how much are you wanting to lose? did you do an initial weigh in?

abz xx

Ah, I see. That's ace that you can work the checks out, it's so hard to work out treats on something like syns.

And you are absolutely, 100% right! You're making a huge change, but that doesn't mean you should completely abstain from the things you enjoy. That's the most important factor to remember. We can't live on salad leaves, hit our goal then regain everything once we start to "eat normally" again. If we make sensible changes, then the weight will go and be gone forever.

Bron

you'll do it kazzy. how much are you wanting to lose? did you do an initial weigh in?

abz xx

Well she couldnt do my target weight as she has lost her height measure thingy she uses.

but id love to get down to about 10st 9lbs thats a loss of about 6 stone

well ive made 2 currys this afternoon one for paul and myself a healthy one and a normal fat one for the kids lol.

mine and pauls is check free so is just the rice i count today as it is all vegetable but i could make it chicken another time if i wanted.

But i wanna give my body a good start for the weight loss and im not starving as i still have my free things that i can eat aswell like 2 small pots of low fat yoghurt and 2 portions of fruit

Do you know roughly what your height is? You could probably work out a happy medium for yourself using a BMI or body fat index chart. But about 10 and half stone sounds good, and 6 stone is a very achieveable goal.

Mmm... curry! Veg ones are the best, especially if you throw some chickpeas into the mix. You should trying making check-free curry for the whole family, it'll save you making two meals, and I bet the kids wouldn't even notice.

Sounds like you've really got it sussed. You'll do fantastic, babe!

Bron

The kids not to keen on some of the veg i was putting in so decided to make them a chicken one as im a nice mummy pmsl. im also gonna make check free curry sauce to freeze so when we order a takeaway at weekend i can get a plain meal and add my own sauce as its mostly the sauces that are really fatteneing.

according to the wii fit my bmi is around 40

Ahaha! Aww, what a nice mummy you are! Can I come stay with you so I get special curry too? ;)

Great plan on the curry sauce! Freezing stuff is amazing, it's amazing how much you can save!

OK, by delicate calculations, I reckon your height to be about 5ft 5. So 146lbs would be dead spot on.

Bron

ive calculated it as round about there just slightly higher than your measurements but somewhere round there would be fantastic thats for sure lol

Hi Kazzy - I've just found your new diary and skimmed through.

Don't know whether you resolved the potato V rice dilema but it's worth considering that rice is slow release energy so better earlier in the day when you can burn it off.

One of my favourite ways of cooking fish is in the micro in a covered dish with a couple of teaspoons of water poured in to steam it. Usually only takes 2-3 minutes and is lovely - healthy too. You can put herbs and black pepper over it if you like and you can also substitute lemon or lime juice for the water :)

i prefer rice to be honest if its a choice and as ive found the best time for my excercising is after i have eaten at night im not to worried about it now also i can calculate it into my diet easier than i can the potato`s how weird is that lol.

Well had a couple of good days not been hungry at all so thats a good sign , excercising is going well on the wii fit and always a laugh lol, cooked up a batch of curry sauce for adding to my takeaway on sat nite instead of having the shops sauce, also made a salsa and coleslaw ,, all low fat versions and dont use any checks from my daily allowance and they actually taste ok aswell pmsl.

im enjoying it aswell,, am making it as samily friendly as possible and i have more veg in my fridge than ive ever had lol

You go Kazzy :D You sound so positive hun, am really pleased for you :D

i feel it this time i feel i can incorperate this into family life and still live coz i dont wanna worry everytime i go out for a drink or have a couple in the house at weekend.

Yays! It really sounds like everything's going really positive! :) I'm really happy, bud, it sounds like we're going to see some awesome results! Can't wait to see you hit that target :D

PS. If you want to send some of that curry sauce over, that'd be awesome :D

Bron

Back