My new journey

jelly2010

Today is...the day I start. I thought I would keep a written record of my thoughts.
Have been doing weightwatchers but after loosing and gaining have decided for a completely different diet. The people I have told not particularly behind this decision ( cries of " you will put it straight back on when you start eating ") which at the mo is making me all the more determined

7AM
banana milkshake - quite nice. Also starting on the black tea. Must make sure to drink plenty

Lunch
was late so I am starving , a choc orange bar. Not keen. They are very salty, and I have bloody loads of them :-(
Managing my water intake but peeing like a donkey as a result . 2 ltrs so far today

Pm
Thai chicken soup was an experience ........ Had to use extra water to dilute the taste. Very hungry and sad cos everyone is eating . I HAVE TO BE STRONG . The first couple of days are going to be the hardest
Measured myself too
Leg 25
Waist 36
Hip 42
Upper arm 14

End day - bluddy hungry , but then I normally am !!! Tried to lay off water as don't want to be on the loo half the night. All in all first day not too bad . NOT looking forward to the soup tomorrow

Water intake today 3.20litres

Morning
Halved my bar and am going to have it at two different times. Today's bar of choice is the raisin and nut one which is far nicer than the orange one of yesterday . I do find them overly salty though. Maybe because I never add salt to anything !

Lunch is soup - Tomato and basil which is not bad at all. Added pepper and chilli and it's given it quite a nice kick. Added more water again as I like it more "soupy"and less "shakey"

Mid pm - hungry so I grab my other half a bar to eat . Grab done more water too to make sure it's not dehydration*

Dinner is vanilla shake. Nice but not as nice as the Kentucky the rest of them are having, staying out of the way of temptation. Am not hungry as such but can't stop thinking about the food. My tummy rumbles are rather loud though lol

DAY 2 DONE

Sounds like you're off to a good start, well done! I often split my packs in half, makes it feel like you're having so much more :)

Today I have worked out 17 lb will take me from obese to overweight on the bmi scales so I am gonna aim for this. My target of 9st 7 is still in the over weight category ?. I need to be at 9 st or under to be at a healthy bmi !!!!!! Not sure I ever wanna go that low!

9:40 first "food " of the day - half a nut/raisin bar with a coffee, a break from
Cleaning. May pop to tesco later and see if they stock those bars for a change although I am growing to like the exante ones ?

12:30 hungry so it's soup time - tomato today with basil and chilli . Was quite nice. Walk down to tesco, got a dress I am aiming to be into for my aunts party on the 29/08
Lets hope I haven't been over optimistic with the dress size !!
Picked up the ultra trim bars whilst I was there too so I have some welcome new tastes. Had a coke zero whilst out . Has it always been that sweet ?

Had the remainder of my bar while I cooked dinner for everyone else. Temptation to pop food in my mouth was great

Feeling chilly today- when will we get a summer :-(
Dinner is a strawberry shake - my first.Then I am gonna tuck myself up on bed with a to try and get warm and watch game of thrones

Hope everyone is having a good day

Day 5
Back in work today. Have been off since starting this and I am a bit nervous. Am in 12-8 so can have a pack before I go. Temptation is all around there with biscuit and snacks and all the food places on the doorstep. Will just remind myself why I am doing this- to be fit and healthy and slim

Breakfast is mushroom soup about 10.30
Taking the orange bar to work and lots of bottled water

4:30 had my bar still hungry
Filling up with water but for some reason i can't feel full :-(

9:00 in from work and my final shake of the day. First try of the chocolate one. This is my favourite one . It's rather tasty !! Off to bed now

Water finished on 3.5 litres

Day 5 done - hope everyone has had a successful day x

Start work at 9 am today so it's up and out early again for me. Have decided to try and have my shake a little later today to see if I am not sooo hungry by mid afternoon. I would have thought my digestive system would be getting used to this now!! I drunk 4.5 litres of water yesterday so it's not dehydration

Made my bar last over morning and early afternoon and had soup about quarter to five. Tomato and basil - added 2 tsp of paprika and some extra hot chilli powder and it's a lot more bareable.

Hot chocolate for my evening meal. Yummy if a little lumpy

Weigh in tomorrow. I am excited and a little apprehensive to see how I have done on my first week :)

Weigh in day - 7lbs off !!! Taking weight to 11st 12lb . Being greedy would have liked slightly more. Then again half a stone in a week is bloody amazing for me

Full day at work today - had 1/2 a tesco bar in the morning and the rest about 4 pm. Had my shake about 1

Dinner is veggie soup about 8 and a coke zero as a treat. I chose all my favourite flavours today because it's Friday treat day and I would normally have chip shop. I went out whilst the others ate theirs so I wouldn't be tempted to steal any chips

Water all done too
Day 8 done :)

Strangely I rather enjoyed it - apart from the thai chicken soup, bleugh

I have to say I've stayed away from the soups. I've got more of a sweet tooth, but I do have an occasional mug of bouillon if I fancy savoury.

When I order next month I will just do shakes and bars I think . Banana shake is my favourite :)

SATURDAY !!!!
Up and out - half a strawberry shake and off out on a bike ride. The weather forecasters are promising a nice day for a change.

Back and lunch is choc orange bar. Popped to mum and dad and they want me to go for dinner tomorrow. I felt bad so I said yes, but now I am in a panic. What if I stuff my diet up. I've asked for chicken, swede and carrot, cabbage and cauliflower. I am hoping this is a wise choice. Portion sizes at my parents are massive too so I will have to watch for signs of over eating.

Had the second half of my shake this afternoon

Dinner was a vanilla one hot with coffee- nice

3 litres water done today

Sunday day 10

Work today then followed by my chicken meal at parents. Been worrying about it since yesterday evening , wish I hadn't agreed now. Tbh can't wait to get it over with and get back fully on exante
I am worried I will eat too much ( they always pile it on) and I worry about the effects on my ketosis. I m also worried if I don't eat enough they will be offended aggghhhhh

Anyhoo to counter the dastardly meal I am only having 2 pack( I know this isn't strictly allowed) to keep within the carbs if I can. Gonna forgo my bar today. Just shake and soup today. Got my ketostix so I can check in the morning and see if I have somehow manage to stay in ketosis

PM
had my shake mid afternoon and then this evening had the chicken . I ate the cabbage and the cauliflower and left the swede, carrots and green beans. I ate half the amount on the plate and ate slowly. My tum feels weird.

Just getting up to the 2.5 litre on the water
Fingers crossed on there being no damage

I weigh on a Friday :)
So I have a while to claw it back hopefully

AM
Beautiful sunny day today. Trying to figure out what to do with my day off. Did a stick this morning and I am still in ketosis. Yay!!!!

1/2 tesco raspberry bar at breakfast with lots of water and off to tesco to pick up some food for the rest of the house.The rest of the bar when home

Soup for lunch - Thai with curry powder and chilli - still dislike this flavour

Shake for tea - banana made with extra ice to make it thick and cold for this hot weather

3.5 litre water so far
Day 11 DONE !!

My it's hot. TS 100% yesterday and LOADS of water drunk. We booked our 2013 holiday last night and I have 51 weeks to wait. Should deffo have a figure I am happy with by them hopefully

Up early and walking the dig in the glorious sunshine. Beds changed and washing out

Today soup at 11 am - not the best thing in this heat but needs must. Vegetable which is one of my favourites. 1.5 litres of water done already. Have a feeling this is gonna be an easy day as its too hot to eat.Off to work

Lunch was a bar divided in two and eaten throughout the afternoon

Chocolate shake this evening made thick and cold , yummy. also had a s&s flavoured Water cos my sample s&s parcel arrived today

Tired tonight, think the heat has wiped me out . I didn't sleep well last night. Feeling a little hungry too

Day 12 DONE !

Day 13 - first NSV. My work skirt no longer needs to be bundled above my tummy to do the zip up. On this morning with great ease, no breathing in or pulling around. I am very pleased

So again shake, bar and soup. I see a pattern here lol. Dreaded tomato soup today saved for tonight when I can face it. It's another hot day here so the water will be easy to keep up with today

Afternoon - oh I am struggling. I want a beer and a meal :-(
I am so hot, cross and tired . Had water and it's not hitting the spot.
May have my soup early

Think I may have a s&s day tomorrow

Back