My new life starting with the Atkins x

liannem

Hello everyone :)

Day one of induction today and so far so good! Have been up since 6am with my baby girl so had breakfast pretty early around 7ish, two fried eggs and some bacon fried in olive oil. Was lovely but felt somewhat wrong! I was seriously thinking while eating "how is it true I can eat this and lose weight???" just feels so strange but great too! :) Anyway it has filled me up so much. Will deffo keep me another hour till lunch!

I have chicken and salad for lunch, may even fry the chicken and take advantage of this miracle diet he he

Not sure what's for tea yet, will decide later on.

I aim to rid 20 pounds on this diet. I am currently 11 stone now, want to be 9 stone 6. I am determined and would love support, encouragement and motivation from others. Share experiences with me I find them inspiring and amazing!

Good luck all

Li xx

Afternoon :) glad to see ur diary!

It is very strange at first eatin these yummy foods and losing weight, u feel very naughty lol

Have u gone into ketosis before?

Menu sounds great!

My son gets up at 5 every morn so it's hard to choose meal times when ur up early, but when in ketosis youll find you'll prob only eat ur breakkie late on, that's if ur at home of course :)

I was nearly 16 stone this time last year but now I'm also 11 stone like you, I'm wanting to get to 8.7

Enjoy ur first day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon :) glad to see ur diary!

It is very strange at first eatin these yummy foods and losing weight, u feel very naughty lol

Have u gone into ketosis before?

Menu sounds great!

My son gets up at 5 every morn so it's hard to choose meal times when ur up early, but when in ketosis youll find you'll prob only eat ur breakkie late on, that's if ur at home of course :)

I was nearly 16 stone this time last year but now I'm also 11 stone like you, I'm wanting to get to 8.7

Enjoy ur first day xxx

Hiya, have been in ketosis before but always ruined it by eating carbs again. Is this when I will see great weight loss results during ketosis?

God 5am, it's the same for me. My daughter is 16 months old and teething badly. As well as craving attention, food, toys lol.

Just out of curiosity, I love coffee when dieting as it stops me picking or craving... is it a dffinate no no through the induction phase? He doesn't seem to strictly say no in the book but does say avoid caffeine.

X

Ohhhh yes ketosis is amazing! If you stay in it you will see th results and u won't be hungry :)
Awwww bless!!! My sons 5 nearly 6 and still wakes at the crack of dawn and up through the night ahhhh lol

I don't drink tea or coffee but I'm soooo sure u can have coffee on induction, maybe not too much though, I have lots of coke zero with caffeine and I'm fine, think u need to use soya milk though... I'm sure someone will come along soon and confirm! Xxx

Thanks, I don't mind having black coffee, didn't know coke zero was allowed.. I think while on induction phase I will just stick to what's on the list. Are you exercising at all? I might start the 30 day shred in a few days when my body gets used to no carbs. X

Oh sorry Hun I don't follow the list strictly I know my way round low carb too much lol

I'm suppose to be back at the gym but I'm still not lol starting some classes next week so I will be then, I agree and wait a while first to get use to Atkins and ketosis then introduce exercise :) have u don't 30 day shred before? It killed me haha x

Oh right lol. Knew diet coke was a no no haha... Yeah did 30 day shred last August while I was doing some silly diet that consisted of coffee coffee and coffee lol, went from a 14 to an 8 in just under two months but piled it back on as soon as I started eating again. Duhhh!! That's why am here now ;-) I found the shred hard but very satisfying, could feel my body really toning. I lost about 12 pounds doing that alone. Only 20 mins a day so worth it in my eyes. X

See i have diet coke haha god im bad!! Ignore me lol
Ohhhh god what diet was that!? I did the cabbage soup diet the other year and lost loads and piled it all back on soon as i ate something other than cabbage soup haha
Ohhh thats good u liked it, i hated it lol and it didnt really do much for me which was very annoying, exercise has never shifted lbs for me very well, im abit of a freak of nature lol

So whats been on the menu today then? How have u found day 1? xx

Haha it was a diet I made up myself, basically I drank around 18 coffees a day to fill me up and that's it! I would eat the odd piece of fruit or piece of chicken lol. Not good!Have done cabbage soup also 3 times, not only did I hate it so much and pile all is he weight back on, I am now put off cabbage for life!

Well I feel like I have eaten way too much today and it won't work :-o

B=2 fried eggs and bacon in olive oil
L=loadsa fried chicken (loads of it), cucumber and lettuce with feta cheese crumbled in and a huge dollop of mayo on the side
D=salmon and scrambled eggs using 4 eggs :/

Craving sugar now, chocolate... Have I overdone it, just can't help feeling I have failed :-(

X

My good god girl how did u sleep at night with all that coffee!!!
Ahhh i still like cabbage lol

What was the fried chicken? Did u check the carbs, u have to be carefull of its coating.

Nope don't worry u havnt over done it all!! It will work trust in the plan :D

Craving chocs is natural, I do it everyday. Keep strong!! U don't need them :) xxx

Ohhhh all good then :D sounds like a great day!!

Hi Liannem and welcome :)

Re caffeine - Dr Atkins recommends none for the first two weeks, because caffeine can start cravings in some people. But tbh I couldn't face the world without one cup of builders in the morning :) I did swap to unsweetened soya milk though, and wouldn't go back to cows for anything. Tip - if you use it in coffee, let the coffee/water cool down a little (or add some cold), otherwise it will curdle. Doesn't do it in tea though.

All the best :)

LOL I started two years ago. Did quite well at the start, lost 2 stone in about 3 months - but have sadly fallen off the wagon many times since then. Mainly through not planning ahead, giving into the temptations of bread (my Achilles heel) and too much booze!

But got myself almost back in focus, so it's full steam ahead from tomorrow, unless totm arrives.

I am really gutted and depressed as I gave into a pizza late last night and have scoffed like a pig today :-( also having red wine later... Am going to start again on Monday, go to the market and spend my money on meat meat and meat! I will do this, just takes me a few tries, especially when there is temptations in the house like pizzas and boxes of roses from Xmas. At least on Monday all I will have in my fridge and cupboards will be Atkins friendly foods :)

Hope nobody thinks I am a failure! :/

X

Failure you are not!! We are only human and these things happen! I have come off plan tonight at my parents house, but I'll be back on it tomorrow. The main thing is you are going to try again :)

Good luck for Monday xxx

We don't use the F word here :D

Don't worry about it hun - best to just clear the house of temptation, get the fridge full of yummy protein and veg, and then you'll be good to go :)

Hey thanks guys :) really feel better now. Will just enjoy my weekend now and eat the rest of the carbs in my kitchen lol! Wine tonight= hangover tomorrow=comfort food. Will just call this my final treat hey ;-) x

Back