My New Muffin - ut its really more like a cake!! YUM YUM!!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
This week there were no peanut bard or now cranberry bars. I do not really care for the other three, but got a few to tide me over for when I felt like chewing something.

I decided to try and make a lemon 'cake' and can I just say - call me Dehlia! :D

If you like lemony citrusy flavours, and cream cheese frosting - try this!

Dissolve 2 sweetners and mix with 1 pack of Vanilla shake, 1/2 tsp St. Clements, and 1/2 chopped Lemon bar in warm water till it is smooth and creamy - make sure its not too dry. (Stir the bar in after you have mixed th batter, and chop the lemon bar in little squares - smallish)

Cook on high (800w) for 1 minute, 30 seconds. It actually rises like a cake!

While thats cooking mix 1/2 Vanilla pack, 1/4 tsp St. Clements and warm water to a creamy smooth consistancy

Turn the cake out on a rack and cool slighlty - it will be moist in the center and may split - just put together and while still warm spread the icing....and then, enjoy!

That was the best thing I have made yet - the lemon bar gives it a different consistancy then a muffin - it was full of air, it was light, and the edges were chewy, like pastry!! It was REALLY good!!!

Just wanted to share! :)

way to go delia !!!! sounds good x

hmm sounds good!! I cant wait to try a bar, hopefully we are allowed them after first official weigh in! :drool:

oooh i might try that.. without the lemon bar though.. and obv orange.. lol.. since im cd.. ooh.. an orange muffin..!
x x x

BL I think I need to come to your house for tea :D

heheh - come on then! You're all invited to tea!

Starter: plain water
First course: Water with flavourings
Aperitif to cleanse the pallette: water
Second course: Ice
Aperitif to cleanse the pallette: water
Third course: Lemon Cake!
Apretifi to cleanse th pallette: water
Pudding: fizzy water
Aftger dinner drinks: hot water with a squeeze of nothing.

I think I can handle that!!!! :D

Erm hate to appear fussy but can I please have my hot water cold? And erm can I have my fizzy water still?

See a nice easy menu like that and you still get those that just aren't satisfied!

:D

lol Blonde.. you really are lovely! and funny!

I have been on LL for 21 weeks now and have never ever tried any receipe's, i am soo scared that they won't come out the same and I would waste my packs.

can i have a blokes version with the correct amount of water etc. as I am a disaster at the muffins and everything else lately.

Hi Gazz :)

Be happy to work out a proper recipe for you, bbut I am afraid I can't do it until Thursday at the earlies as we are going to the inlaws tomorrow nite, and I'll just be having soup.

I usually just hold a little bowl under a slow tap, so I will have to do it using measuring spoons etc in order to be accurate, BUt I wll get to it, I promise!!

x

No worries Gazz! I am sorry I can't do it sooner....I would wager a guess to the amount of water so ou could do it tonight but I have no clue!!! So watch this space!!! And well doone on 33.3 pounds!!! :D

<walks away muttering under breath about how fast men lose weight.......:D>

Back