MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

im really gunna try the asparagus im lookin forward to tryin it out!! didnt know i cud cook it like that, great tip :)

and thanks for the alcohol thing, i think im guna stick to the two or three drinks tho just incase!! i hope xenical doesnt affect it :S
the Dukan diet was produced by Dr Dukan, some random doctor from France, and apparantly J Lo finds it the best diet, but wen i tried it, it is so restricted all your thinkin about is food food food!!
it starts with one week of protein only meals (unhappy bowels!!)
then you alternate between protein days, and protein plus veg days, but you have to do this FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!! plus eat 3 tbsp of oatbran per day, it was so hard i gave up after 2 weeks and piled on more weight than what i orginally was!! i think its a crash/fad diet, but some people say it works?? my opinion anyway :) xx

I'm sure you will enjoy asparagus Jude ,, sometimes I cook more so if I'm munchy it's something healthy I can snack on !

Tried fad diets and weight paid the price lol.....I have had no probs with alcohol and xenical just have great nite !
:) :)

Dont think thats a diet i could ever try Jude, doesnt sound good at all i am not surprised you gave it up!! These diets are ok if you want to lose say half a stone for a dress or something but not for a life change!! Same as slim fast and others like it!! Thats my opinion anyway!! Others may not agree!! :D

:):):)Jude :):):) lol

I don't agree with slim fast and fad diets as they are a short term help but the weight heaps back on once you eat normally......with this it's a life style change where you learn to eat within limitations but not go without !

Nite nite all ....sleep well :)

your right!! i tried it because i thought hmmmm, protein? im sure i can live off meat, chicken, fish, meat, chicken, fish.... but the side effects to not having anything else in the diet was so hard !! and i only lost a pound in the first week which did not motivate me whatsoever!!! xx

:) :) :) :) i know booboo, it seems the easy way out at first, but after sticking to what i'm doing now i know it was a bad decision!!

night night :) xx

Hope you had a great sleep Rach...how you doing so far today ???

Jude have a good day stay strong and remember we are all supporting you on your journey to the new you :):)

fill up on some carbs Rach...stops you feeling hungry.....just be careful with your knees, hows the cat's tail??

I am doing well today thanks....just gonna look up and see what dvd to do lol :):)

hiya girls!! thanks for the suport, I've had a good day, working at 5.30 till 9 tho :( but atleast it stops me thinking about food!!
the only dissapointment I've had is wen I stood on the sclaes this morning hoping for atleast 1lb loss... but I'm still stuck at the same !!!!!!!! it hasnt budged in 2weeks!! so annoying, but I'm not giving up!!! xx

fill up on some carbs Rach...stops you feeling hungry.....just be careful with your knees, hows the cat's tail??

I am doing well today thanks....just gonna look up and see what dvd to do lol :):)

I worry if i have to may carbs i would end up bloated, i always seem to feel heavier if i eat too many carbs!! Maybe that just my imagination, get so many people telling you carbs are bad for you!! the cat is much better thanks, back to his old self, wrecking the house lol, makes as much mess as the kids i think!!

hiya girls!! thanks for the suport, I've had a good day, working at 5.30 till 9 tho :( but atleast it stops me thinking about food!!
the only dissapointment I've had is wen I stood on the sclaes this morning hoping for atleast 1lb loss... but I'm still stuck at the same !!!!!!!! it hasnt budged in 2weeks!! so annoying, but I'm not giving up!!! xx

Dont give up hun, maybe you should create a food diary on here so we can all have a look and help you out, i found it helped in the first few weeks so i could see what worked for me!!

do watch your knees hun so they don't get worse and cause more hassle.
Are you drinking enough water? I find that helps when i'm feeling hungry.

So glad the weekend is almost here!! :)

Well I'm off Uni all next week so i can plan my meals better in stead of eating when I can, so think thats a plan!!
do I just click new thread to start the diary off??

OOOHHHH ive discovered some chocolate and sweets which are good!!! from Boots pharmacy, the Diabetic range is low sugar and low fat and barely any calories in them, and have a dark/milk/fruit and nut range of chocolate, and caramel sweets!! I know its not a good method (still eating rubbish) but atleast its a satisying fix of chocolate, (instead of the share pouches of minstrels i used to chomp through!!) xx

do watch your knees hun so they don't get worse and cause more hassle.
Are you drinking enough water? I find that helps when i'm feeling hungry.

So glad the weekend is almost here!! :)

Hey aaliyah, i am try to mind them its mainly when i go up and down stairs, they always feel worse at night time too!! I dont think i have drank as much water today as i normally do!! Just had a cup of tesco light choices soup to keep me going while i doing the kids their tea my son has his friend round so i did a quick tea of pizza, sausage roll and chips for them.. TORTURE for me aarrggh!!

Well I'm off Uni all next week so i can plan my meals better in stead of eating when I can, so think thats a plan!!
do I just click new thread to start the diary off??

OOOHHHH ive discovered some chocolate and sweets which are good!!! from Boots pharmacy, the Diabetic range is low sugar and low fat and barely any calories in them, and have a dark/milk/fruit and nut range of chocolate, and caramel sweets!! I know its not a good method (still eating rubbish) but atleast its a satisying fix of chocolate, (instead of the share pouches of minstrels i used to chomp through!!) xx

Yes just click on new thread jude!! I will look out for your diary!!

Theres no harm finding a low fat alternative for anything you like, if it helps you to keep going!! I sometimes have the weight watchers ice cream deserts to satisfy my chocolate craving!! other wise i would give in altogether and pig out completely lol!!

Carbs are essential Rach...

Bread,rice,potatoes,pasta and other starchy foods....
this category also includes breakfast cereals,oats and other grains. STARCHY CARBOHYDRATES SHOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT SOURCE OF CALORIES IN YOUR DIET. Starches are a type of carbohydrate that provide energy, and its important to eat a starchy food at every meal, including some wholegrain versions as these give you additional fibre, minerals such as iron and calcium and B vitamins.
Starchy foods, especially those that are wholegrain, can be filling and are much less energy-dense than fat or oil. 1gram of carbohydrate provides less than half the calories per gram compared to fats such as butter and oil.
You may have heard of foods with a high or low "GI" ...Foods with a low "GI" help regulate your blood sugar so you don't have surges of sugars in your blood after you have eaten, FOLLOWED BY A TROUGH THAT LEAVES YOU FEELING RAVENOUS. These fluctuations are unhealthy and are thought to reduce the efficiency of the hormone insulin that controls your blood sugar. in the long term this can lead to diabetes. Foods with a high"GI" cause a sharp rise in your blood sugar, while those with low "GI" helps you feel fuller longer.
This diet encourages the use of low "GI" foods. This is not a low-carbohydrate diet. Some people have great weightless results through cutting out carbohydrates, BUT FOR A LIFELONG HEALTHY EATING THIS IMPORTANT FOOD GROUP PROVIDES ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS AND FIBRE.

Thanks for the info booboo, most of my carbs come from proper food anyway not sweets or crisps or cakes, so i should be ok then ?! Mines mainly soups, pastas, rice, potatoes, etc. My food today so far has been 2 whole meal pitta breads with 2 slices turkey and 2 extra light cheese triangles!! Instant mash an crab sticks, and a cup of soup!! I am having a pizza tonight but its a weight watchers one!! I like to have it once a week feels like a treat!!

You seem to know so much about everything!!

I read up on a lot of things Rach...to me when we come off the tablets its important that our foods stay the same....so it is a lifestyle change !! :):):)
Between my Alli Diet plan book and the Xenical site its full of info.....its really worth reading :)

This link on Xenical is good too it says ho much of your plate should be meat/fish, carbs ect

http://www.xenical.co.nz/nutrition-and-activity-centre/healthy-eating-tips.php

Pizza Express also do a low fat pizza under 5g per 100g .....its worth getting the weight watchers cheese and buying the pizza bases and adding your own toppings too....i like ham and pineapple but am very fussy on my ham lol.......enjoy your pizza and good food intake today :):):)

Back