MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

Glad your first day has gone well hun. I always had the best losses when all I was doing was counting fat. I think sometimes we can get hung up on calories, carbs and fat....I think we just loose track of the bigger picture and it always helps to get back to basics :)

Thanks. Day 2 not too bad really, but i think i ate a bit too much for me tea, all be it in the rules. But i had loads of chicken and rice, it was too nice to leave, thats my problem lol!! I know its better than what i have been eating so i am sure its not going to do me too much harm, just need to learn to limit my portion size!! Been quite hungry and felt tempted a few times but i havent strayed, So heres to day 3!!

I had the same problem yesterday. My hubby did roast chicken veg and mashed potato . My daughter had already eaten so he just divided the rest of the mash up and I ATE it!!!! I wouldn't normally as I only give proper sized portions but I was in the middle of writing an assignment and it just disappeared without thinking.
My problem is really my hubby :) he's a wonderful problem to have as he loves me unconditionally whatever I look like but doesn't help when he can't say no when I ask for something I shouldn't eat

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Rach :)
Welcome back....and well done for getting back on track!
Try not to be too hard on yourself - we all have times when we fall of the wagon, and that's not important in the big scheme of things, what's important is the fact that you get back on the wagon and don't give up.

I'm the queen of the binge/re-start cycle so I really do know where you're coming from in terms of being angry etc. I think I'll always have to be really wary of not falling into this cycle, but what makes me happy is that the last few times it's happened, I've stopped it before it got massively out of control, and it sounds like you've managed to do the same.
Don't they say that most people who start diets end up putting it all back on, and more besides? Well you've got nowhere near close to doing that, so be proud. You had your blip - got a grip of it, and now you're back in the saddle.

You know you can do this - you've acheived great results, so there's no reason why you can't do it again :)

Good luck with your first re-start weigh-in!
x

Thanks Alex its great to have someone who know how i feel regarding the binging, its a habit i really do have to get out of!! I dont think i have ever eaten so many takeaways :eek:, really looking forward to weigh in as already my coat doesnt feel quite as tight as it did!! Such lovelys words from you and a great boost!!

TFK my hubby sounds exactly the same as yours he loves me know matter what, and does very often try to tempt me, i know he doesnt mean to sabotage me its just the way he is and the way his family are. And again when he is serving the dinner he piles loads on, i love him for it even though i shouldnt be eating so much!!

So day 3 has gone well, my hubby made some veg soup yesterday so had a big bowl of that today, will have to get him to make some more!! I love a home made soup!! I wonder if he is in the mood now to make some, lol!! I did have a sneaky weigh in this morning, you know me and my sneaky weigh ins i couldnt resist, i had lost 3lb so made up with that. Just got to keep it up now, feels easy again so far, maybe i needed that break to get my head sorted and i needed to see the gain to give myself a kick up the butt :D

My hubby's problem isn't that he tries to tempt me he just can't say no! Even when I tell him he's got to. He still gives in.
So I always know he'll give me chocolate no matter what :(

I love making soup..i just cant be doing with washing the blender!!! Theres my lazy streak pouring out...

And the male breed do not realise the word healthy!! I even had a customer at work tnite, who said to his gf/wife/partner "weve spent fifty quid on ur keep fit rubbish!! Its cheaper just to be obese!!" I had to laff cos its my job to talk back, but the girl wasnt too happy!!

Oh well!!!! (im hijacking ur thread rach lmao) xxxx

That's actually quite sad really because it is cheaper to be obese!
I was actually thinking similar yesterday. Fit years I've cooked from scratch for kids health reasons but I go shopping every fortnight . I make a menu and only but what is on that list. I can normally feed 5 adults for £160 per fortnight. Which is pretty good but then you go in forums such as money saving expert which is fantastic but they're saying that they all feed families for £159-200 per month. And I just think that I can't do that unless I feed them crap like ready meals and sauces in jars. Surely health should come first? I know budget is a big factor and that's fair enough as my bill keeps going up and I get less in my trolley . But ... Sorry I'll shut up I'm ranting on my soapbox :(

That's actually quite sad really because it is cheaper to be obese!
I was actually thinking similar yesterday. Fit years I've cooked from scratch for kids health reasons but I go shopping every fortnight . I make a menu and only but what is on that list. I can normally feed 5 adults for £160 per fortnight. Which is pretty good but then you go in forums such as money saving expert which is fantastic but they're saying that they all feed families for £159-200 per month. And I just think that I can't do that unless I feed them crap like ready meals and sauces in jars. Surely health should come first? I know budget is a big factor and that's fair enough as my bill keeps going up and I get less in my trolley . But ... Sorry I'll shut up I'm ranting on my soapbox :(

I agree eating prepared, heavily processed foods is definitely cheaper than cooking for scratch.

i agree what you girls say is so sad but completely true, its not right. Healthy foods should be muc cheaper. they keep going on about how everyone is obese, well alot of that is because healthy food is so much more expensive, and convenience foods are always the ones on offer. If they want to do something about it they should change this around, alot of us now dont have much money to feed our families after paying bills - me included. I want my kids to be healthy but its not always that easy.

Anyway so far today has been pretty good, i only just realised that i'd not had lunch so am only having my soup now with a bread roll. night times are definitely the hardest for me :( i just want to pick all the time, so far i am doing pretty well with it, been having a few boiled sweets which have kept me going.

Rachgleeson said:
i agree what you girls say is so sad but completely true, its not right. Healthy foods should be muc cheaper. they keep going on about how everyone is obese, well alot of that is because healthy food is so much more expensive, and convenience foods are always the ones on offer. If they want to do something about it they should change this around, alot of us now dont have much money to feed our families after paying bills - me included. I want my kids to be healthy but its not always that easy.

Anyway so far today has been pretty good, i only just realised that i'd not had lunch so am only having my soup now with a bread roll. night times are definitely the hardest for me :( i just want to pick all the time, so far i am doing pretty well with it, been having a few boiled sweets which have kept me going.

Its true, I dont do the household shopping, but cos I work in a shop I can see how the healthier foods are creeping up in price, especially fresh fruit and veg, even the "healthy bread" has gone up!!! Eyyyy well, thats y were all here!!

Rach its one day at a time hun xxx

Rachgleeson said:
Think i have blown it tonight, had some bad news and as usual i turned to food for comfort!!

Hope everything's ok. At least your day was good for food and sometimes other parts of your life have to take priority over your food choice.

All things considering i actually managed to stick to the diet for the rest of the week, all though many a time i just wanted to turn to food for comfort!!

Well weighed in this morning and i have lost 9lb, i am made up. Just not in the mood for celebrating :)

Thanks to everyone for their support in getting me back on here!!

Back