MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

Oh Rach I'm sorry that must be awful. You feel so helpless when you're so far away.
Could you come back on your own for a week to see her and mentally say your own goodbyes ? That way you'll feel at peace when it does happen

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks girls, it is very hard. I was over there last month and i saw her a couple of times and maybe i would be best remembering how she was then, instead of seeing her lying in bed!! I couldnt afford to go over twice as obviously when she does pass i will have to go then. Just feeling useless, but i know even if i was there i wouldnt be able to do anything either. I will go to the local church here and light a candle for her!!

Well had a good few days, stuck to it really, well. Its like when i first started doing this back in january, i am finding it so easy again, like second nature really. Not really been that hungry and have been making all the right choices, maybe that break was just what i needed to get back on it!!

Only just getting to sit down after making a big pot of soup, its simmering away now and yet to be blitzed. cant beat it, looking forward to it for my lunch tomorrow. I find it the handiest thing to have as i dont have to think about anything that way then, plus getting a big intake of veg!! mmm cant wait!!

Started on the green tea tablets, which are absolutely massive, like bloody torpedos. But i have managed to take them which is a miracle for me :eek: as i sometimes have a job swallowing tablets the size of a pea lol.

The weather is pretty crappy too :( sick of it, but i guess may get used to it now. Did anyone see the weather warning they gave out for next month? well it was for uk but i am guessing we could get it here in ireland. SNOW!! OMG its going to be a long winter!!

Hope everyone else is having a good week!

glad its all going well for you lovely.

nnnooooo dont say snow is coming already!! apparently we are in a 10 year weather cycle which means we are going to have another 8 years of awful snow winters!!! :( i remember when snow was fun, now its nothing but a head ache. I still have the scar on my knee from when i fell down my drive last year.

anyway, moving on lol. hope you keep on having a good week

Hi Rach

Just caught up on your diary. I am sorry to hear about your Nan.

Well done on the 9 lbs, that's great. Ooh I love home made soup too, might get the ingredients to one later, sweet potato and red pepper is my favourite and it so easy to make.

Thanks hun, My nan is still fighting anyway. She had a stroke and is still refusing to eat or drink, maybe she has just had enough :( But my mum said she is brighter than she was last week!! For 88 she is doing well though. She had a tough time with my grandad, he had emphysema and was so bad towards the end, and she was with him every second of the day and night!! That was almost 13 years ago now, she had a stroke just after he died, so i think she has been lucky to not have anymore till now!! If that makes sense :/

Not used sweet potato in awhile, i think thats next on my list for soups!! Courgettes nice in it, helps to make it thick!!

well can only report a 1lb loss this week :( i guess its better than a gain and up untill yesterday i was showing a sts. so really i am happy enough with it. I stuck to it 100% all week apart from yesterday so i dont know how i got the loss at all to be honest lol. funny the way it works out!! Hope everyones having a good weekend

well done Rach. I keep saying it but all the 1lbs do add up. and if you look at your overall loss you've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks which is nothing short of amazing!!

hope you have a good day

Well done hun...keep going, you're doing fabulously ;) xx

I think it's because we get so obsessed by scales, seeing numbers go down, that we forget the bigger picture, and what we're acheiving. We will always praise other people, but we never quite believe it ourselves, and we should!

Having a good weekend. Started back at day 1 yesterday, got thorugh 100%..so onto today, today is a bit easier, by Tuesday I'll be fine again, then it's a big stretch til Christmas!

It's peeing down here, just got back from the ex's with my lad, thank gawd that's over with! The kids are at my mums now for the day, they'll have dinner etc and I get the house to myself (currently back in bed with nightie on and laptop)

I went back to bed for a bit, hubby and son were playing cod on wii, and ruth was playing on here so i left them all to it, only thing is i could of stayed there!! Weather is miserable here too so nothing else to do :) Hows your son doing now?

I'm still in the bloody bed lol! I'll have to get up of the bed soon, my youngest will be home from my mums in a bit.

He's doing ok thank Rach. His wound has all healed and he hasn't got to go back for x-rays til just after Christmas. Just have to watch what he's doing now, and hope that he femoral head stays in the socket. His surgeon said if he starts to act differently, gets more aches/pain etc to get him into the clinic asap for x-rays, the last thing he needs is for it to come out again.

The bone hasn't started regrowing back yet, so still got a looooooong way to go. Got to book him in for some physio, try and get him going, his ROM is awful :( How's Ruth?

Ruths not too bad, she feel on her perthes hip today, but she was ok!! Still gets the old pains in it especially if she has done too much!! She should be going back for xrays in november. She is really fed up of it at times, as she wants to do dancing and then join in with some of the sports but i just cant let her do it :(

well everyone i'm back yet again!! I have been kind of sticking to it, battling with the same few pounds mainly, losing it and putting it back on again :( well not long till christmas now so i have to stick to it 100% or maybe 98% lol.

Good week this week, lost 6lb, :woohoo: pretty shocked really as on my mid week weigh in i had sts, so i am more than happy with this as you can imagine :D Just need to keep this up now!! And i must try and get on here more often as i know it always helps!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Back