MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

It seems very high Rach.....I had some discrepancies with my wii even to the point it showed me a stone lighter than i was !!
A high impact aerobics is 316 calories whilst a 3mph walk for 25 mins is 147 cals....30 day shred is around 520 cals if you did it for an hour !!

Well chuffed with the kids for you Rach , brill news :):)

Thanks booboo, i am made up with them!!

have you tried getting a heart rate monititor.. i got mine from argos for about 15 pounds.
and its really good :)

I will look into getting one of them thanks Kes, i never really though of investing in one!!

hey rach yes it is possible to lose that many calories ? the harder the workout the more you burn. with zumba workout anything between 500 to 1000 calories can be burnt. i so wish i could workout ?

Anika i am sure you will get to the stage where you can workout, try upper body for now, like using tins of bean as weight, or boxing!!

awww what good little kids youve got Rach, proud mummy, and their daddy!!

ahh warrington is around 20miles from mine, but my fella is from st helens so he kind of knows the area and how to get there, i would have no idea!!

as for the ideas, im making my own korma sauce tonight with low fat ingredients, ive not had a curry in ages i hope it tastes as good !! xxx

Mummy and daddy are very proud jude yes!! :D :D

I am from winsford originally so maybe about half hour from warrington!! let me know how you get on making your korma, i am sure it will be yummy!!

Regarding the workout i do its half an hour, you do 2 minutes 40 of jogging/running then 1:40 of different things its hard to explain (squats, rowing, monkey bars)etc then you go back to the running and it keeps going like that for the whole half an hour. My hair would be wet by the time i am finished so i do work hard!!

I know the feeling Rach....I was ready to jump into a jar of beetroot my face was so red and it looked like i had washed my hair lol :):)

It may sound strange but i actually enjoy feeling like that, i know i have worked out then and i feel so good!! Not sure if i am going to do it tonight, i have done it the last 4 nights, my legs are aching, but i know i will feel guilty if i dont do it!!

No one has noticed i have lost weight yet :( apart from my hubby and best mate, but they both know i am doing this!! Has anyone else been told they look like they have lost weight yet?

my friends say they can see it in my face ....and that my legs are shrinking ....

I can't wait till Monday my treadmill is arriving in the morning....gonna do a few last minute workouts before DR's on Tuesday lol....:):)

i would love to get a treadmill, but cant afford it really and no where to keep it :( Thats great that people notice your slimming, i know i have loads to lose i just thought there would be a slight difference now!! Maybe i am just looking for too much too soon!!

Thanks ndc, at least i am not alone in feeling like that!! Sometimes i think to myself i look like i have lost weight but then i could look again later and think no way!! lol!! I sometimes have wondered if my hubby is saying it to make me feel better :)

I havent got a full length mirror, dont think i would dare look into one :D

You nearly have 2 stone gone now hun, your doing so well!!

Jase often says he can see the weight loss but i can't - maybe i am just used to seeing myself so big!

We have floor to ceeling mirrors in our built in wardrobes - i took a (naked) picture and a clothed picture and i do every 3 weeks and i can tell a difference when i compare them!

xxx

the only way i can tell is by the pair of trousers that didnt fit me just after new years but do now :) i wouldnt dare look at myself in the mirror :(

Rach I think that we don't see any difference in our weight because it never seems drastic to look in a mirror if you know what I mean.....but as I said to OH at end of day once my chubby bits have gone then the body starts taking shape!!
Your meant to have carbs with each meal so they say, although the amounts are dinky !
Sall that's good news go girlie :)

Done my workout for tonight, thats 5 days in a row now, i better get some good results lol!

how many carbs a day do you normally have booboo? i know some of the girls dont count anything but fat, but i want to keep any eye on carbs too as well as the calories.

feeling annoyed this morning, i know its not my official weigh in day tody, but i just thought it would have a sneaky peak after all the workouts i have done and i am 1lb up from monday ??? :mad: I have been really good, and i have done my workout the last 5 nights!! My fat in take is fine and so are my calories, i havent gone over once!! Just needed to let my rant out, so done now. Hope everyone has a good day!!

Rach don't be disheartened .....everything your doing is on the right track but we have to remember to lose 1lb fat we have to burn 3,500 calories....I was having same convo with OH last night who used to be a keen gym man ....
I don't keep an eye on carbs Rach due to the fact they are essential in your diet ....and you have to remember that what you eat now you will be eating forever...so whatever you leave out now as soon as you go back to them is where the weight gain returns.....when I eat pasta if its lunch I have 50g if its dinner I have 70g...
If I have toast its 1 slice.......when I have potatoes I have 150g...which is 5/6 very small new potatoes or 1 normal potato
Its all about getting the quantities right.....so on my plate would be 3 small slices meat, 1 spoon potato, the rest is veg...you divide your plate into 3 parts...protein,carbs,veg

Hope this helps :):)

Hi each
I have noticed that since fri I have not exercised I have lost and hit my line never under on mfp. Then on we'd I exercised I put on.so I didn't exercise last night hit my line and lost 2 lbs. So the less exercise the more I lose. I think that when you exercise it builds your muscles up. And eventually the muscles will then eat the fat up so then your lose. So what I'm saying is if you exercise lots muscles build up and that will eat the fat up but you lose inches rather than pounds. And it tones the body. It's just slows the weight down as you have to wait fir muscles to eat the fat up. This is what I understand since reading up on it. Hope that helps. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thanks hun that helps alot, i was wondering myself if it was something to do with muscle. I think i am going to have to give the exercise a break for tonight at least, as my left knee is playing up again!! :( i will see later how it id after resting!!

What we must remember is that we have a big hill to climb before we can really view the results....
stay positive and don't get disheartened...we will all get there
DO you feel better healthwise than you did a month ago and if the answer is yes well your body is changing....not everything shows on scales....don't rely on the scales , yes they show a weight that we will not be happy with at the moment but if we are putting in the effort we know we are climbing that hill.
We need weightloss to be steady and gradual as the quicker we lose it the quicker it goes back on with a few extra pounds.... we have all experienced this no doubt

STAY POSITIVE WE ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :):)

Very interesting site yes 3,500 to burn a 1lb Fat I then put in how many lbs i want to lose ect ...an eye opener
I want to lose at least 96lb more which says ............You entered 96 pounds (44 kilograms). 96 pounds is the average weight of a 13-year old teenaged boy. (wow I have been carrying more than a teenager around )

How many calories do I need to burn to lose a pound of fat?

How Much Fuel Is That?
To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 336,000 calories or 1,405,824 KiloJoules! That is the equivalent of 10.84 gallons of gasoline. Humans, however, are far more efficient than cars, getting about 912 "miles to the gallon". If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 369 miles before running out of gas!

Positive thinking NDC brilliant :)

Its a slow journey but we will be extending our life span as well as feeling so much better about ourselves...
I have noticed when i go up stairs I always run now.... I used to hold on to the bannister and feel like an old woman before.....these changes are going to help us and I can't wait to go and shop in a normal clothes shop...I want a slinky dress for Christmas to show off the new me !! thats what keeps me going :):)

Back