My odd re-feed!

LipoLisa

No longer a redhead though!
Hello all, I was being a bit of a chicken and thinking that I won't tell any of you what I did for my re-feed, well not until I go and get weighed tomorrow. But now I feel that is just me not owning my decisions. If I've done it badly wrong (and I know that I've deffo slipped) then I'll pay the consequences at weigh in and deal with it then... so here goes.

:eek::eek::eek: Weighed in Wednesday 184lbs
Thursday - 2 shakes and 1st ever peanut flapjack (disgusting!) (roadtrip to Brighton)
Friday
Breakfast - Vanilla Shake
Lunch restaurant - Tofu salad with cashew nuts (ordered extra salad to replace the chunk of bread they give) balsamic dressing
Evening - Choc Shake

Saturday (daytrip to London)
Mid morning - Slimfast latte shake
3 course dinner in posh restaurant-
Moules Mariniere (oh dear)
Pan roasted Salmon with herb crust and seafood bits on the side, chantray carrots
Creme bruele (oh dear dear)

Sunday
Mid morning - slimfast shake lemon meringues (not that nice)
2 course dinner at restaurant -
Duck spring rolls with sauce (oh dear)
Cod fillet with salad, with dressing
Evening - Choc shake

Monday
Mid morning - slimfast vanilla shake
Late Lunch - Griddled Chicken salad, with dressing and some coleslaw.
(on a loo break during drive I bought and ate 2 choc covered brazil nuts - craving something sweet)
Evening - choc shake, and a small handful of mixed nuts (oh dear)

Tuesday (now, and back home in Torquay)
Breakfast - Vanilla shake

to be continued.... (feel free to lay bets as to what has happened re +:( or -:) or sts:cool:??)

Lisa x

Last edited:
lol oh Lisa, this isnt refeed! its near enough impossible to do when eating out.

I would put my bets on a gain - but i hope you dont. but i would suggest your glycogen levels will be pretty full now.

how do you feel? there's some high fat food in there: duck, nuts, creme brulee etc. when i ate some high fat food for the first time i got icky heartburn.

fingers crossed for weigh in, but reign yourself in now, or you'll do what i did and gain some of your weight back!!

good luck babe xx

how do you feel? there's some high fat food in there: duck, nuts, creme brulee etc. when i ate some high fat food for the first time i got icky heartburn.

fingers crossed for weigh in, but reign yourself in now, or you'll do what i did and gain some of your weight back!!

good luck babe xx

Hi Sarahlou - I am feeling fine, although for a couple of days I had a raging backache and was worried. I then drank lots of extra water and it was fine - so think I may have an infection of some sort.

Yes, those three (duck, nuts, creme brulee) were very naughty of me. However the duck was such a tiny tiny amount doubt it will make much difference, and the nuts -well nothing to say there but oh dear, and the creme brulee another big oh dear...but I did know that there would be one meal that would tip me over and it was my son's 16th birthday meal.

I nearly didn't go away anywhere because of TFR and/or refeed, but made the decision. The brulee was blooming fab - not massive though so we shall see.

Lisa x

Well i think its fair to say the food choices you made werent the best ..... I like sl would put my money on a gain too.

I hope you don't, as its not nice but i also hope you are prepared for a gain, which i seem to think you are.

Are you planning on carrying on refeed now? properly? or still 1 meal, 2 shakes?

On a positive note though, I would usually have gone for the garlic in butter mushrooms with garlic bread, steak meal with all the trimmings, accompanied with wine, blah blah blah. So in a perverse way I am really pleased with myself and how I did pick as best as I could from the menu.

I put my foot down when my lad wanted to eat italian or indian as I knew my options would have been an awful lot different.

Summergurl, I am sitting here a little confused about the best way forward to be honest. On one hand I feel comfy with just having 2 shakes and 1 meal, but realise that this isn't a proper refeed.

Any advice? As I am about to set off for the supermarket to buy our 'new' food choices for the house.

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

LT and refeed are an exact science. They are meant to be used exactly as they were set out to be used. If you want to achieve the best results possible then it is imperative that you stick to both the TFR and the refeed 100% exactly as it is lay out.

You will most probably gain from that food you consumed. I would not even call it a refeed. If you could not have either taken your shakes away with you, or brought the appropriate refeed menu items, then you should have taken a few days off, and started afresh when you got back from your trip.

Ah well, what's done is done. You have to now decide what you want to do? Are you happy with your current weight, and want to move from TFR to refeed? If so, start afresh. Get the refeed menu and shop accordingly.

I'm finding refeed so easy. I feel full and satisfied, and the meals are delicious, fresh and healthy. I have even managed to lose 4lbs in my first week (Although I don't want to lose anymore!)

It really is all about your state your mind, and how determined you are to lead a healthy life. Once you've got that cracked, everything else should fall into place.

Good luck with your weigh in. I really do hope you haven't done too much damage.

Hi Betsy, yes maybe I should re-title this thread to not say 'odd refeed' as it is misleading.

Hi Lisa,

If you could not have either taken your shakes away with you, or brought the appropriate refeed menu items, then you should have taken a few days off, and started afresh when you got back from your trip.

Not sure what you mean with 'taken a few days off' really. The situation was that I had choices, not go on the trip at all and do the re-feed at home 100% (was 2lb off target) or go on the trip and do the best with what the trip was about.

Ah well, what's done is done. You have to now decide what you want to do? Are you happy with your current weight, and want to move from TFR to refeed? If so, start afresh. Get the refeed menu and shop accordingly.

Tricky decision as I don't know what I weigh now after the last few days. I was 2lb off target last weekend, hence it seemed a good time to think about refeed.

I'm finding refeed so easy. I feel full and satisfied, and the meals are delicious, fresh and healthy. I have even managed to lose 4lbs in my first week (Although I don't want to lose anymore!)

It really is all about your state your mind, and how determined you are to lead a healthy life. Once you've got that cracked, everything else should fall into place.

Good luck with your weigh in. I really do hope you haven't done too much damage.

Thanks everso for your input. Am off to shop for chicken and tuna now! Although, am still finding the thought of having two meals on day 2 a little daunting, and then carbs on day 3 omg!!

But again, looking forward to eating more healthy going forward, as my new choices in the restaurants proves to me am on the right road (even if it wasn't the LT road for those four days).

Lisa x

Quick question, I realise that it is an exact science but why is it okay to use the LT shakes instead of the maintenance products - still can't understand that one!

Lisa x

I meant that you should have started your refeed when you were prepared and ready to do it properly. You could have gone away prepared, or you could have taken a few days off plan and ate what you wanted, instead of calling it a refeed. What you have posted is not a LT refeed.

I'm not saying this to be mean Lisa, I'm merely saying what I see and what I think.

Preparation is the key to refeed, and beyond. There will be times when we have limited healthy option choices, so we have to make do with what is there, and trust ourselves to make the right decisions.

Don't worry it's not daunting at all once your refeeding! I'm sure you'll cope brilliantly with the refeed sheet, after reading what you were able to eat while away. I could not have managed the choices on your trip away menu! I expect you'll manage the lovely fresh, healthy food on the refeed menu without much bother.

You can use either the maintenance products or the TFR products for the first week. Then move on to maintenance if needs be after that. I thought I would hate the maintenance products are they sound so sweet, and I so do not have a sweet tooth. So far I have tried the maintenance bars, and I love them! They are so nice and very very filling!

Good luck with your weigh in and your shopping trip. Be sure to post a diary and let us know how you get on.

I think betsy has said it all here lisa.

The one thing i will add is if you are daunted by the fact of 2 meals on day 2 take the refeed longer.

Do day 1 for 2 days, then day 2 for 2 days, day 3 for 2 days ... i know its only an extra day but it might be better for ya.

Lisa, at least you enjoyed your son's birthday!!
You can't make any decisions properly until you weigh-in and see what, if any, damage is done....
You may have filled your glycogen stores, you may not have.... you just have to wait and see.
But as long as you are willing to do the refeed by the book now that you are home, then you should be ok.

Don't worry about the two meals, and the carbs etc.... I'm on day 4 of refeed and haven't really finished a full meal yet. I couldn't eat a full sandwich today, and i could only managed half a jacket potato yesterday, and found three small new potatoes a challenge today!!!
Eat what you need until you feel, not full, but satisfied.

And I swapped to maintenance products....they are VERY filling!!!

Good luck with weigh-in
Ktx

I meant that you should have started your refeed when you were prepared and ready to do it properly. You could have gone away prepared, or you could have taken a few days off plan and ate what you wanted, instead of calling it a refeed. What you have posted is not a LT refeed.

Good luck with your weigh in and your shopping trip. Be sure to post a diary and let us know how you get on.

Ah am with you now. Mind you, thats why I called it my odd refeed and not a LT refeed.

Shopping ended up rather more expensive than I anticipated and this dinner time I've had grilled chicken with a salad type stir fry (got one of those spray oil -fabulous).

And will have a shake this evening.

Lisa x

Thanks SG, think that will work better for me this week so then I can plan better for the work days next week. Right now it feels better for me to be preparing an evening meal once home from work and sticking with a shake at lunchtime whilst in the office.

Am using one of those (shhh daren't mention the name) site that you enter in the info and it works out the calories, fat, protein, carbs etc. Finding it really usefull right now as I had no idea what 100g of something looked like!

Lisa x

Lisa, make sure to weigh everything till you get a better idea of portion sizes. Personally, I think this is where many of us go wrong. I even use a smaller plate as well. Even the healthy foods mount up the calories if we eat too much of them. Good luck with your refeed this time round.

Ah yep ... smaller plate for defo! I never ever use a big plate now! It really does help! :)

Well with apprehension I went to the chemists today for my weigh in. Am overjoyed as I've stayed the same; could have been so much worse eh!

Yesterday I cooked off 12 jacket potatoes and will put in the freezer, ready for my carb influx so that felt good.

This evening I had a salmon fillet with mixed salad and all feels good. Keeping up my water intake too - yippee.

Lisa x

well done, you are right it could have been much worse!
So you feeling better now and happy to continue refeed? x

Jacket potatoes, and then froze them?!!!!!
Wouldnt it just be as easy to cook them as and when?! :eek:

Nice one Lisa! Bet you were skipping out of the chemist!

Are you now starting refeed and following the refeed sheet from day 1? Are you calling this day 1?

SG, putting the oven on for two hours to bake one potato isn't practical for me for two reasons - time and cost. Baking 12 at a time so they are lovely and oven baked, freezing, and then re-heating in microwave is logical for me.

Added advantage is I have a 16 year old son that can now help himself to a healthy potato because they are just there for the using.

So ladies, yes I suppose today is my day 1.

Breakfast shake,
Dinner fish with salad
Evening shake.

Reckon I need to juggle the timings a little bit more though over the coming week, otherwise it'll feel right to have four feedings instead of three. I have my breakfast shake around 11am, and dinner when home from work at 5.30-6pm, and then shake between 9.3-10pm, and bed around midnight.

Lisa x

Back