My OH wants me to GAIN weight

Wow - I have been thinking about this one this past day wondering how best to reply to it...
I really don't know to be fair how to respond in a diplomatic way.
My first response was that I thought your OH was being extremely unfair by commenting on his perception of how he wants to you look physically - my knee jerk response was that it was none of his business !! But then I do have very bad PMT and a cold!!! So forgive my grumpiness. I tend to feel a little overprotective of people on this forum and indeed people who have come through the LL programme so successfully as you have Claire.
Obviously, I don't know your husband and therefore I cannot comment on what I suspect his reasoning is behind his comments - all I would say is that you have done this programme for YOU. You are the one that sat deprived for a few months and had to deal with all the head stuff associated with the programme, it was your hard work that got you to where you are now and therefore I think that YOU are the one that should have final say where the endpost is for you weightwise.
Afterall, you are not just an object that must be presented at the most attractive weight (especially when that assessment is made by someone else) you are a person who deserves to be proud of your achievement and happy with the results.
So I say Poo to hubby - you go with what makes you happy when you look in the mirror.
Sorry for the very undiplomatic post
Love Laura

I know 20-25 is the stated healthy BMI range but there is some evidence to suggest that 19-23 is medically better. Of course BMI is a very rough measure and doesn't take account of muscle proportion etc. I think it's best to find a weight you feel happy at and stick there.

The NHS direct calculator that someone put a link on here to the other day lists a BMI of between 18.5 and 24.9 to be a healthy weight range for your height with 25 and over being overweight.

I think of the BMI as a guideline and am intending to get to 9 stones which is a BMI of 21.8. As long as you aren't bordering on the lowest I can't see a problem in getting to whatever you want to.

In fact (don't all have a go at me for this - it's just an observation) I am surprised at how many people want to get to a BMI of 25. Maybe years of being overweight makes people think this is good which it obviously is compared to being much heavier. However at a BMI of 25 you are classed as overweight and if you put on a pound or two then you will be more overweight and need to start dieting again. This could then be the cue for yo-yo dieting.

Hi Claire

I was just wondering whether this issue resolved itself after your lovely weekend away?

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxx

Back