My path to a healthier and happier me!

Morning everyone. Yay Saturday is here!

Can't believe I am nearly 3 weeks through and I'm on Day 20. That's the longest time since I did SW when I was pregnant!

This weekend will be interesting as I haven't got my large saved syns, like I've had the past 2 weeks. We will see how I cope

I'm thinking I might bring the old Mix2Max into my life (only as and when I REALLY need it)

SW was the first ever diet I followed. I was 18 (1999) and I did have a fantastic result. I was there when they introduced Mix2Max and I remember there was days when it was ideal.

I'm not going to make Mix2Max my main plan but it does give me extra flexibility.

I appreciate that EE supersede this and many will say EE gives me the flexibility but I really don't want to get tied up with the 1/3 superfree rules. I know if I was to have any meals without the 1/3 I'd feel like a failure.

It's really important to me to know I'm 100% with the rules. If I don't meet the 1/3 rule, I'm not a happy bunny

Last edited:
Oh my just tried Butternut squash and it's lovely

It is nice and so versatile, there are quite a few squashes around at the mo, if you see a small round one, like a miniature pumpkin try that, hmmmm nice x

The rules are

Have up to three meals a day.

1, Choose a*Green*or*Original*Meal and stick to your choice while enjoying that meal.
2, Free Food Rules.*
Enjoy as much as you like, either*Green*orOriginal, from the choice you have made for that meal.
3, Have three or four Healthy Extras each day, from either the Green or Original choice, to have with meals or as snacks.
4, For other snacks throughout the day, or for starters, desserts etc, choose Superfree Foods, or count them as syns.
5, Have 5 to 15 Syns per day.

If your main course contains any syns, then count the syn values appropriate to the*Green*or Original*meal choice you made.

On a Mix2Max Day everything you eat apart from your main course that is'nt a Superfree Food, or a Healthy Extra, has Syns and you must take the highest syn value if there is a difference.

Last edited:
For me this type of day works when I end up having a green lunch (JP with baked beans) but end up cooking a Grill up and it's a Red dinner.

The above typically happens when I've ended up in COSTCO, i've got no other option but to have a JP but Dinner has been planned to be a Red meal

I have 23 syns saved for this weekend but I know that it is not enough lol

SAT 8/11 - GREEN

B) 2 x Kiwi's

L) Jacket Potatoe with Baked beans (COSTCO)

D) SW Chips with BBQ sauce

S) Sainsbury Lemon & Poppy Muffin (15)
2 x Choc Bourbon (7)
Tea (1)

With my meals it has meant that I haven't had any Healthy Extra's

Last edited:
Well yesterday was a 50/50 day of being on plan.

Yesterday's menu changed when we got to dinner. We ended up at KFC so I knew that I was going to have flexi the meal.

I also didn't have any Healthy Extra B's as the meals didn't attract them.

Even though I didn't have a complete SW day I have gained so many positives.

1) I'm sticking to KFC boneless box. I had a Fillet burger and well I wasn't impressed! It was more burger bun then fillet. It wasn't worth the syns; so I'm always going to stick to what I really want and make it worth the syns

2) Even though the day wasn't 100%, I didn't throw my hard work away. Typically I would have felt rotten and then thought 'f*#k it I'm off plan' and gone completely berserk, raiding the house for all the 'naughty foods' with the attitude 'I'm off plan so take advantage'

3) Where ever it was possible I always thought in the SW way. I made my snacks clementines and where I could have a SW meal I picked it.

4) I resisted doughnuts, in my head I really wanted a doughnut. I even tried to convince myself I'll flexi it, giving myself a excuse lol But I reminded myself that is not the way Flexi works and it's just an excuse.

5) I resisted a Hot Chocolate with Baileys

6) I found I missed having the large number of saved syns. It really does help to make the weekend easier, so where possible I'm going to have some syns and save the remainder.

So lots of positives :):):):)

Last edited:
Ive been very saintly...We popped out but typical us it happened to be before Lunch. So off we go to sit down and eat some where but this time I made it Subway.

I didn't give into temptation and had a Chicken Salad bowl with bbq sauce (2)

Today is panning out to be Extra Easy

B) 2 x clementines

L) Subway Chicken Salad bowl with bbq sauce (2)

D) Homemade Lasgana (0.5 & HEA) and Activia Yogurts

S) 2 x Choc Bourbon (7)
Tea (1)
Activia Yogurts
Hula Hoops (6)
Grapes

Total Syns = 16/-1

Last edited:
Now I have SW more under my belt, I am looking to other ways to improve myself.

Having 2 small children, a busy job and a hubby; I don't always have the time for myself.

I have decided that I want to grow my hair, i currently have a graduated bob and I want to have long hair past my shoulders. I know that it is going to take a while but I'm prepared :) I've got 8 week hairdresser appointments sorted and I've coloured my hair back to brown (I was bleached blonde) so my hair has a rest from chemicals. Now I need to stick with the awkward stages lol

I'm also going to focus on my nails. I had acrylics put on and it has completely ruined them. They were never the best but now they're weak. I've got my opi products sorted and now time to focus on moisturising and gaining strength

I am going to start to take advantage of my little one going to playschool in the morning and start going to the gym.

I just feel like I need to find time to focus on me :)

Morning :)

Almost weigh in (tomorrow) and I'm looking forward to it. I'm so proud of myself that I've stayed on plan for 21 days and I'm entering my 4th week!

MON 10/11 - GREEN

B) Toast (HEB) with marg (2) and 2 x clementines

L) Leftover Lasagna (HEB & 0.5) and muller light after dinner mint yogurt

D) 2 x Egg, SW chips, roasted Butternut squash and baked beans

S) Grapes
Activia Yogurt
Hula Hoops (6)
Haribo Sweets (3)
Tea (1)

Total Syns = 12.5/15
Carry Over = 2.5

Last edited:
I'm too scared to have one done! I'd love one tho!

Just read all your diary - its good to read, love how you put on what you have daily - maybe i should do that! I can never remember!

Back