My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Sounds like a plan. Planning is always good. Have a lovely time xx

hi there

your forward planning is quite inspiring, really think this is going to help you in the long run. you seem to really have found the right path for you, long may it continue

jxx

I agree with Skydragon, your planning will pay dividends, I'm sure you will hit the -3 you need this week to get to your upper target, I have my fingers and tosses crossed for you hunni.
I'm loving all of your enthusiasm for the steps, it terrified me last time but you are so in control. I think reading how you do will really help me when my time comes.

Depending how long your ring takes to be fixed you could get a temporary basic ring just so you don't feel naked without it ?
I had mine in to be resized in the summer and I was literally sick to my stomach without them ( foolishly I had them made bigger and may end up needing them smaller again lol )

Enjoy your evening with your friends and I'm sure they will see a huge difference from Aug, if they don't you best send them to speck-savers ! ! ! x x x

Wow Flic you sound so organised I'm very impressed. You're certainly an inspiration to me.

xx

Morning all,

Thanks for your lovely comments - do you know what? It feels great to be in control - this is something that previously i've left almost to chance, and that didn't work clearly - this is all about learning for me.

I've asked "father christmas" for a temporary ring - though we should find out more this weekend. I have an old plain silver band on my finger at the moment, just so I don't feel naked.

Meal last night was lovely, and there was a comment! :) I didn't have a starter, just the main - the salad was HUGE, and I ate most of it too...I left the mozarella - other than one bit that was disguised as chicken and I didn't realise - olives, pepper, tomatoes and onions - just stuck to the mushrooms, chicken and salad. It was a really lovely salad actually. There was olive oil on it, so I am not holding much hope for the scales. I asked the waitress if the dressing could come on the side and she said, in typical italian style "I must cook the chicken in something" so I told her not to worry...consequence is that my scales have not budged since Saturday and are staying firm at 11st10lb... :(

Feeling hungry today - is that a concequence of a larger meal than I should have had? Going to get this first pint of water down me and hold off on food until 10.00am-ish. Hopefully this stomach will have sorted itself out by then.

Today is 100% SS and tomorrow we have friends for dinner, so spinach and poached eggs will be on my plate - not the lovely homemade chicken pie everyone else will be eating.

Have a great Wednesday all.

xx

Morning Flic,

I didn't have any plan and I was just thinking I'll be alright but you're so right we need to be in control of this.

Meal sounds great, I'm impressed you were so good! You still have more than half the week to get those 3lbs off, I'm sure you will be fine if you ss it.

Enjoy your day xx

Thanks Clare.

Forgot to say - off the scale victory last night.

A top that has little buttons on the capped sleeves - I used to have to wear them undone so they didn't cut my circulation off. Last night I tried it on - deciding what to wear - and with the buttons done up - they are loose!! :)

Didn't end up wearing it in the end. Wore a medium size cardigan with the buttons done up and NO GAPING! (Another off the scale victory!) :)

xx

YAY!! Congratulations!!! It's this sort of stuff that makes it all worthwhile, ignore the evil lying scales!!

xx

I have felt AWFUL today. Don't know if it's the "office bug" or if it's related to the meal out last night. I do feel hungry so think I might be heading back into ketosis having knocked myself out with the pesky salad.

No dinner for me tonight - prepping for tomorrow's dinner party (that sounds really posh - it's just friends coming for tea. Haha.) I can't believe how in control I am in the kitchen now in comparison. I really enjoy the cooking aspect of things without using it as an opportunity to sneak food. I think i'm learning to appreciate food more and the weights and measures of things too...

All exciting and hopefully going to stand me in good stead come the next few weeks...

xx

I have felt AWFUL today. Don't know if it's the "office bug" or if it's related to the meal out last night. I do feel hungry so think I might be heading back into ketosis having knocked myself out with the pesky salad.

No dinner for me tonight - prepping for tomorrow's dinner party (that sounds really posh - it's just friends coming for tea. Haha.) I can't believe how in control I am in the kitchen now in comparison. I really enjoy the cooking aspect of things without using it as an opportunity to sneak food. I think i'm learning to appreciate food more and the weights and measures of things too...

All exciting and hopefully going to stand me in good stead come the next few weeks...

xx

Hope you feel better soon my lovely, nothing worse than feeling pants and not being sure why, hope its not the office bug.
Enjoy your dinner party tomorrow, your so restrained with being able to cook and and not enjoy your food but take equal pleasure in seeing others enjoy it :) your fab Flick x

Feeling a bit better today. Not 100% but better than I did. I gave in last night and had spinach and poached egg - I think my most favourite SS+ meal. I'm going to have the same tonight too with our friends. So Friday will be SS as normal. I'm now not holding out hope for Saturday's weigh. Not going to weigh myself now and hope that the scales are nice to me.

I think if i'm not there on Sat i'll be moving to step 2 anyhow...I feel ready now - and i've got my head around it too...

So, most things are prepped for tonight - pie's done, veg is prepped - just a case of cooking it all! :)

xx

Hi Flic,

Aww glad you're feeling a bit better. Do you cook the spinach or just eat it raw? It sounds a really unusual combination to me but I'm not going to knock it until I've tried it!

You do sound in the perfect frame on mind for the next stage, you've got to do it at some point and while you're so positive should surely be the best time...

Hope you have a great night tonight xx

Hi flick,

How are you feeling ?
How was weigh in ?

Hope your on the mend. I'm super excited to
" see " you move up the steps, it's super exciting :)

Morning Flic,

How did you get on over the weekend??

xx

Morning all,

Sorry for being MIA - The horrible bug going around work struck Thursday night - luckily after our friends had gone - and Friday I spend most of the day tucked up feeling sorry for myself!

So Saturday WI and i'd already decided that I was moving to Step 2 - WI and I was 1/2lb off target! :) This morning's weigh in confirms that I am AT MY UPPER TARGET :D :D :D

So, i've 1/2st to go to lower target, but i've started (at the weekend) STEP TWO!

Saturday night's dinner was: king prawns(a little treat) salad and 2% fat salad dressing (the book says fat free - do you think this one's ok??) OMG - DELICIOUS!
Sunday night's dinner was: homemade falafels (a bit dry, but really tasty) and salad.

I've had some of my milk allowance but 3/4 of a pint is LOADS! Generally about 1/3-1/2pt.

Loving planning my evening meals (using my cool chart) and really excited. I feel totally in control at the moment too. Did lots of weekend baking - lovely Christmassy treats - and looking forward to my weekend in London! :)

Hope you all had good weekends - and felt better than me! It is SUPER exciting to think I am AT TARGET! (albeit my upper one, but still!)

Thank you all ladies for your support along the way so far. I'm not done yet here - I still feel like i've got a long way to go, but it is all EXCITING!

xx

YAY well done you!!!! You have done so amazingly well and you are definitely an inspiration to me.xxxxx

Congratulations!! I bet that must feel amazing, it really is a testament to how much willpower you have and how much you put into this. Well done!
You really are an inspiration xx

Hope you feel better ?

Well done on getting to target, you must be thrilled and rightly so.

Your food will spur me on as I'm getting excited for moving up, still a long way to go but it's fab seeing people succeed and make it work within their daily lives. You my dear are a true inspiration x x x

Morning Morning! Well - it was when I started this, but i've got waylayed. Happy Afternoon!

Feeling fab today - got my new skirt on which is a size 12 and fits perfectly! It's a proper fitted one with no stretch so a big achievement!

Last night's dinner was pan fried chicken and four prawns (made the weight up with the prawns as didn't have enough chicken) with brocolli, mushrooms, courgette and spinach. What's a bit annoying is that there's quite a lot of protein and hardly any veg...I guess it's just getting used to the portion sizes. My scales are in full use every night!

I've reshuffled to have my rice pud at lunchtime and then an evening shake - hot which is lovely. I was so cold when I got back from work last night that I used some of the milk allowance to make a frothy hot milk - flavoured it with one tab sweetener and coconut flavouring and OMG, it was amazing! Might have it with vanilla tonight...mmm...

So far, not feeling too hungry or anything - it's been a nice gentle step up and i'm still splitting my morning product to have one about 10.30 and the other half about 4.30.

London I think will be a bit of a challenge. I'm planning on evening meals every night, but making sensible choices with things - Having more bars this week so that I can have them for my "lunch" whilst away.

Hope you're all having a good Tuesday!

xx

Back