My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Morning Angel, there does seem to be a bit of a gang of us now which is fab - we can properly do the support thing. I will definitely still be posting with working through the steps - hoping it helps others as they move through too.

So, Last night I made the most incredible smelling italian oxtail ragu. I tried the teeniest tiniest bit and my it was delicious. Still, I sipped my shake and then went off and packed up my ebay sales! Whoop - £100 so far in the kitty for lovely new clothes!

Also, last night we popped in on friends who have just had a baby. We saw them when the gorgeous one was first born but not since. She's two months old now and we popped in to say hello and they couldn't believe how much weight i'd lost. It was a nice feeling, but i'm sort of running out of things to say. I tend to say "getting there!" or just grin and say thank you.

AND, today, I put a dress on that's been in the wardrobe a little bit too long. thought i'd give it a go, and what do you know, it did up perfectly! One of the ladies in the office was admiring it and asked what size - I had no idea, so we looked at the label - IT'S ONLY A BLOOMING SIZE 12! :)

Naughty sneaky weigh in this morning and another bit down...I would LOOOOVE to be at 12st this Sunday...there's not much to go actually, but I have Saturday's day out to deal with. I'm planning on having a salad lunch with the girls, but as everyone will be off by 4.30/5.00pm - I won't have to make excuses for dinner.

Feeling positive, happy and slimmer today! :)

xx

Lovely lovely feeling isn't it!!! I just tried on some clothes that I wouldn't have dared wear a week ago. I feel so positive at the mo about actually wearing them again :)

Well done!! I'm still scared of trying on smaller clothes just in case but you've made me think about doing so tonight! x

Oooh I do love your musings flic! The psychology behind weightloss/gain/maintenance is so interesting to me! Keep them coming!

How funny I tried some old clothes on today too! Really helped with a little motivation boost!

Xx

Flick your doing fab and your losses are still doing great, you never know the 12's may just be here at the weekend.

Trying new clothes and people making nice comments is great and such a boost, it kind of makes up for the anti social aspect of the plan.

Keep up the good work my lovely x x x x

Hiya, I'm new and have just been reading your posts. That's for being so inspiring Xx

Aww, thanks all!

So, another cheeky weigh this morning...I was less than 12st 1lb! (but not quite 12st.) Cannot wait to get to 11st-something...it's sooo close now. Depending on weigh in on Sunday, I might just battle it out on SS till target, with a couple of SS+ treats.

Rice pud last night - soooo lovely. Really savoured it too. I've one left for tonight - managed to keep them going all week. Sunday i'll be stocking up on plenty! haha.

Really looking forward to Saturday's trip to see friends. The last time I saw some of them was 2010 and though I never weighed, I was certainly bigger than I am now. Still not sure what to wear yet...Definitely new boots, but other than that...not sure!

Tonight, OH has a gig with his band at the local pub. I'm going to pop up for a little bit, but then leave him to it so that I can get a good night's sleep ahead of my journey up. Need to pack the car tonight with water and some CDs and I'll be good to go!! :)

xx

hey thats fab that another st barrier is in your grasp there is a real head boost to getting thru onto the other side. have a good night tonight and safe journey up to the friends tomorrow will there be any halloween fun?
jxx

Aww, thanks all!

So, another cheeky weigh this morning...I was less than 12st 1lb! (but not quite 12st.) Cannot wait to get to 11st-something...it's sooo close now. Depending on weigh in on Sunday, I might just battle it out on SS till target, with a couple of SS+ treats.

Rice pud last night - soooo lovely. Really savoured it too. I've one left for tonight - managed to keep them going all week. Sunday i'll be stocking up on plenty! haha.

Really looking forward to Saturday's trip to see friends. The last time I saw some of them was 2010 and though I never weighed, I was certainly bigger than I am now. Still not sure what to wear yet...Definitely new boots, but other than that...not sure!

Tonight, OH has a gig with his band at the local pub. I'm going to pop up for a little bit, but then leave him to it so that I can get a good night's sleep ahead of my journey up. Need to pack the car tonight with water and some CDs and I'll be good to go!! :)

xx

What ever you wear you will feel fab :)
I'm sure your friends will be full of compliments, drive safe & have a fab weekend, good luck for weigh in for Sunday x x

How you doing hunni ?

How was your catch up ? Lots of great compliments from your friends I hope ?

Hope you had a fab time x x

Morning All,

Sorry - Saturday was super busy and Sunday sort of came and went in a blur!

Great day on Saturday catching up with friends. My friend who saw me a couple of months ago said "where have you gone!" and was really proud, bless her. Had a lovely lunch of cured meats, fish and salad - I avoided the bread, and just had a really nice day with them all.

Sunday morning was weigh in and guess what:
JUST ABOVE 12st! :) :) EEK - this is the lightest i've officially been! Hoping to see the 11s next week...and it's actually attainable!

Feeling great. Had a little SS+ meal last night but then met some friends in the pub and forgot to have my third product. Hope that today will be ok - I think breakfast shake will be earlier than normal...

Hope you all had a good weekend - going to have a little catch up with you all now!

xx

that s fab it is just what the doctor ordered to have such a good time with friends does the soul good and then straight back in the zone.

but fantastic news on the 12st next week in the 11s for sure a well deserved woop woop!

jen x

Well, silly old me not having all three products yesterday has meant that I've had my morning half a shake and am waiting for lunch...feel a bit headachey and think it might be the fall back from Saturday's lunch when I had all the cured meats...back into the weekly routine today...I think I might have a little bit of getting back to ketosis to deal with today.

Back is a bit achey too from the driving I think. The oddest thing is that i've noticed that when I was sat on a hard chair yesterday, my bum bones hurt - I think it's because they no longer have all that extra padding!

xx

Pleased you had a fab time :)

The headache will soon pass and won't be anything like going back into Ketosis the 1st time as you've had minimal carbs so it won't be to bad at all.
Great news on your weigh in, bring in those 11's next week ! Very well deserved x x x x

Thanks ladies! I am feeling soooo good. I can pull jeans on and they just do up! I'm yet to buy new ones as I had a stash of old smaller ones. Looking forward to buying a new size - given the way that my size 12s are fitting, I might be into a 10 (only in some shops.) A size 10 would not only be incredible, but be the smallest since I was 17!! Crazy times.

I did something really stupid at the weekend - so as I was in York, they have a great outlet centre. I did some Christmas shopping, but also some buying of basics for myself - just some vests and jumpers. I didn't try them on, as I didn't have the time and it was only when I was trying them on yesterday that I realised I had bought a pile of size LARGE tops. Luckily, there's another outlet about an hour away from me which I will have to take them back to...it seems that my subconscious hasn't got up to speed yet with my losses! It was quite nice to try these things on and find that they didn't fit - though it is a little annoying!

Feeling much more normal now after the rest of my lemon bar for lunch. Having a proper cup of tea (usually drink fruit tea) with a tiny splash of milk in. CDC said that this isn't a problem as it takes quite a bit of milk to knock you out of ketosis...and I feel like I need a bit of a boost. Got the other half of my shake which I will have in about an hour and this should take me through till rice pudding dinner. I think i'm going to have spinach and poached eggs as ss+ dinner too - i've not fully decided yet...

xx

I'm guessing it was McAurther Glen ? Fab shopping, just outside York. We've been trying to get there since Sept but still not got there. We generally go a couple of times a year.
Great feeling for everything to be fitting you and even getting to big :)
I have to agree our minds don't keep up with the changes to our body and when I lost last time I still felt big for months.
Sounds like a great time was had by all.
I bet you felt great driving past each service station on your way x x x

HAHA - it was indeed. I love a good bargain shopping trip...didn't feel like a bargain though, the amount I ended up spending... I actually didn't end up getting that much for myself - considering most of what I did get didn't fit - hoping with my ebay money I can get myself some jeans in another couple of weeks.

I forgot, I hadn't said about the services. So, on the way up, I didn't need to stop - I had everything I needed, and every time I past the services I shouted "F**K you services" and more specifically to that nasty yellow M - I bet people thought I was mad!

Anyway, on the way home, i'd drunk so much water that I had to stop, and guess what was my next services? Yup, you've guessed it - the old favourite where I used to always stop! Haha. I went in, had a wee, grabbed a bottle of water and I was out of there! It felt great to change those old habits and prove that a stop can be functional, and doesn't have to be all about how many snacks I can get and sneak in.

Feeling much more like a human now. Just had the other half of my morning shake - I'm loving the chocolate ones warmed up as hot chocolate currently. My repertoire has diminished somewhat - I basically only have chocolate, choc orange, choc mint shakes, rice pudding and a selection of bars. I don't mind though - i'm quite happy with that. I do feel that I have a sort of dependency on chocolate-y stuff. I think the bars/shakes will remain in maintenence/other steps because you get that chocolate hit without the badness of "real" chocolate bars.

xx

HAHA - it was indeed. I love a good bargain shopping trip...didn't feel like a bargain though, the amount I ended up spending... I actually didn't end up getting that much for myself - considering most of what I did get didn't fit - hoping with my ebay money I can get myself some jeans in another couple of weeks. I forgot, I hadn't said about the services. So, on the way up, I didn't need to stop - I had everything I needed, and every time I past the services I shouted "F**K you services" and more specifically to that nasty yellow M - I bet people thought I was mad! Anyway, on the way home, i'd drunk so much water that I had to stop, and guess what was my next services? Yup, you've guessed it - the old favourite where I used to always stop! Haha. I went in, had a wee, grabbed a bottle of water and I was out of there! It felt great to change those old habits and prove that a stop can be functional, and doesn't have to be all about how many snacks I can get and sneak in. Feeling much more like a human now. Just had the other half of my morning shake - I'm loving the chocolate ones warmed up as hot chocolate currently. My repertoire has diminished somewhat - I basically only have chocolate, choc orange, choc mint shakes, rice pudding and a selection of bars. I don't mind though - i'm quite happy with that. I do feel that I have a sort of dependency on chocolate-y stuff. I think the bars/shakes will remain in maintenence/other steps because you get that chocolate hit without the badness of "real" chocolate bars. xx

Completely agree flic I get all choc products and when I have my meals it helps with those sweet pudding cravings having a choc shake :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back