My Personal Weight Loss Journey

So, I'm "doing an Angel" and forward planning this morning!

End of November = 4 DAYS away from home...

So, we are going to visit friends in London. Staying with two of them, but there is plans afoot to do eating out.

Now, I have three weeks till that point. I am thinking that depending on this week's weigh in (i'm not holding out hopes for a big loss) it will go like this:
W/C 10th: SS 100%
W/C 17th: SS 100%
Then, it all depends where I am at this point, but I am hoping i'm going to be at/near target by then...if i'm where I want to be, then:
W/C: 24th: ss+ or 810 (eek)
I think i'll be sticking to plan as much as possible during this week to allow for any weekend indulgence...
I'd need a Friday WI before heading to London, and then the weekend will go like this:

Friday - WI in the morning.
Bar or shake for breakfast, depending on time before we leave.
Bar for lunch (I am thinking we will probably be on the go)
Plenty of water.
Going out for dinner to a japanese-y style place - hoping I can do meat/fish and salad. Hoping to avoid sushi rice. Planning on an 810-ish meal. Final shake when we get back.

Saturday:
Breakfast shake. Don't know if we will go out for breakfast, but i'll just have tea/water.
I think we're planning on hitting up some galleries etc, so keeping busy and hopefully away from food temptation!
Lunch: Bar - much easier if on the move.
Dinner: Don't know yet - somewhere where I can get salad and chicken/steak or something.
Final shake when getting back to friend's house

Sunday - much the same format as Saturday.

Monday - same format in the morning, but heading home so evening rice pud will be on the menu for dinner. If we're still in London, might have lunch, rather than dinner as my "meal" for the day.

Hoping to avoid carbs as much as possible. There are so many amazing places to eat - which I know our friends will take us to. Need to keep this resolve. I think a weigh in just before we head down will be productive as it will keep me on track. Going to take each day at a time, but I think it might be a challenge to get through every meal time.

Once back at home, it's back to work on the Tuesday - the rest of the week - first week of frigging DECEMBER - so I'm hoping to be SS 100% to minimise damage before a Saturday WI.

The rest of December, i'm planning on doing proper 810 and getting myself used to an evening meal every night.

We've just had the staff email saying we've an extra day of holiday for Christmas eve - so on plan day, but looking for a "special" 810 meal as a treat. It is quite likely that by the time I get there, we will have some sort of meal/evening planned. I think I will have Christmas day off plan-ish - a lunch time meal with a roast potato and maybe some pudding, but straight back to 810 afterwards. At the moment, i've got to work Boxing day. Debating taking it as holiday, but thinking that it might keep me on plan if I do go in...
The following week is compulsary holiday before back to work on 2nd Jan as normal.

Jan 5th, I am hoping to be nearer to starting step 3, or even on step 3 and going back to the gym a couple of days a week. The plan is moving up the steps with exercise before hitting maintenance and using basic healthy eating (and my planning of 5 good days, 2 treat meals a week) as the "new norm." I can't believe that in the new year, not only will I hopefully be at target, but I will be starting my new normal of maintenance, and come the end of May, I will be married! I will be FlicB, not FlicG! Eek!

xx

xx

I've spent so long faffing over my last post i've missed you lovely comments! Thanks ladies! I'm not there yet, but getting there. This is officially the smallest I can remember being when I've weighed myself.

:)

xx

Just sent my friend this massively long email including these two paragraphs - I thought it would be important to share/post to my journey as they are relevant to forward planning!

I've been looking into clean eating and hope that by the end of Jan i'll be into step 5/nearing maintenance. My plan for that is 5 good days, and two days i'm allowed treats - seriously reducing carb intake and using wholemeal options of things like pasta and rice. The cambridge step 5 is quite achievable in terms of a daily plan, so for my 5 good days, I might continue to follow that until I get the hang of it. Main thing for me is portion control, which i'll start getting to grips with in step 2 - by the later steps - i'm thinking i'll have a pretty good handle on it. Each of the steps you have a calorie limit for meals, so i'm using MFP for that, and for planning.

I know it's quite an extreme plan and i'm sure there's people who have been talking about me doing it and saying how stupid it is, but I feel really positive. The best thing for me is that it removes the temptation of food, so you can really get to grips with your relationship with food. This is all quite boring, but for me - completely crucial in actually doing something and moving forward. There's all the people who have said "you're not going to keep it off" and I know that that is a huge risk in losing weight, or "once you start eating again, you'll put it all back on" but my plan is to really change the way that I eat - portions, stopping when i'm full, no snacking. It's early days, but I really feel like I'm going to be able to do it.

This afternoon, I am feeling POSITIVE! (can you tell?!)

xx

Flick, your sounding so unbelievably ready for this, so in control & focused. I can't see you having any major problems moving up the steps your planning ahead will pay you dividends when the time comes.
I'm sure your real friends will see the positive new you and help you along the way back into food as we can all see how happy and healthy you are.

Hats off to you missy and massive pat on the back for how far you have come already :) x x x

Morning lovelies.

Whether it's the ketosis, or the size 12 trousers this morning, I am feeling really positive. I know that i've had to say goodbye to old eating habits, and developing into a "new me" also means changing what I eat. I am ready for the next steps, but want to be at my upper goal limit of 11st 7lb before I kiss goodbye to SS and hello to 810.

I was 100% on plan last night, and will be again tonight I think. Friends coming for dinner and i'm cooking homemade pizza. I'm going to enjoy my rice pudding! haha.

Another day, another three products... :)

xx

Morning lovelies. Whether it's the ketosis, or the size 12 trousers this morning, I am feeling really positive. I know that i've had to say goodbye to old eating habits, and developing into a "new me" also means changing what I eat. I am ready for the next steps, but want to be at my upper goal limit of 11st 7lb before I kiss goodbye to SS and hello to 810. I was 100% on plan last night, and will be again tonight I think. Friends coming for dinner and i'm cooking homemade pizza. I'm going to enjoy my rice pudding! haha. Another day, another three products... :) xx
Loving your positivity xxx

Hi Flic,

i was having a nose around on the forum and have read your whole diary (on AL so trying to combat the boredom eating!).
Just wanted to say how inspiring your posts are. The 'rambles' have pushed me to reflect on my own habits which are very similar to yours. And you really are brave to open up like that. It has always been that guilty, nagging little secret that made me fail at all my other diets.
I'm loving that Cambridge will give us the time and support to conquer them.

Good luck with getting to target xx

Hi Meems!

Thanks for stopping by - i'm glad my rambles are useful for you, and others! It's been really cathartic for me to have somewhere to write this stuff down - If it's verbalised, for me - it gives me something to look back on, but also help address the issues head on before re-introducing food again.

Feeling hungry today, until I realised i've only had a bar and half a shake! Once I get home and start cooking for everyone, i'll be fine!

xx

Hi wonderful ones!

Well, lovely night last night. Not seen our friends for a couple of weeks and they couldn't believe the difference - gave me a real boost! I stuck to rice pudding last night and made lovely homemade pizzas for everyone else. Another 100% SS today and then an ss+ day on Saturday for WI, then a full rest of the week 100%.

So, our friends got married this summer - I was bridesmaid and OH was usher. I was talking to Emma last night because she's hoping to loose a little and has started off by reducing calories, but is quite keen to get going with exercise come Jan, which will be really good to have someone else to motivate me. I've always been a bit of a cook, and she's learning still, so doing low cal recipes together and sharing ideas is also going to be good - some of my Step 3/4/5 meals i'm sure will fit into her plan.

Been cruising on Amazon this week and have ordered a couple of low cal cookbooks to whet my appetite. Never properly done calorie counting before, so need some ideas and if these have already been worked out for me, then that's a bonus!

xx

Can't believe I didn't say about my weird dream last night!

It was about Christmas and I can't remember much, but the dream I had was about how I was eating some step 3 foods, and enjoying the meals, and then realised I didn't make the most of a Christmas cheat, then I was really happy that I hadn't overindulged...it was quite odd...I think it was because i'd been looking at cookery books with my friend after dinner!

Anyway, it is grim weather here, so no lunchtime walk for me - just a chill out at my desk!

xx

Hi wonderful ones! Well, lovely night last night. Not seen our friends for a couple of weeks and they couldn't believe the difference - gave me a real boost! I stuck to rice pudding last night and made lovely homemade pizzas for everyone else. Another 100% SS today and then an ss+ day on Saturday for WI, then a full rest of the week 100%. So, our friends got married this summer - I was bridesmaid and OH was usher. I was talking to Emma last night because she's hoping to loose a little and has started off by reducing calories, but is quite keen to get going with exercise come Jan, which will be really good to have someone else to motivate me. I've always been a bit of a cook, and she's learning still, so doing low cal recipes together and sharing ideas is also going to be good - some of my Step 3/4/5 meals i'm sure will fit into her plan. Been cruising on Amazon this week and have ordered a couple of low cal cookbooks to whet my appetite. Never properly done calorie counting before, so need some ideas and if these have already been worked out for me, then that's a bonus! xx

If you are buying low cal cookery books I would definitely invest in both the hairy biker's hairy dieters books - they are all calorie counted and literally everything I cook from them tastes delish! There's lots of 'fakeaway' ideas in there. My hubby loves the recipes and he's never been on a diet in his life xx

Dreams say a lot about us and I bet it was because you've been thinking about the books and planning moving up the steps . . .

It's all been on your mind and reflected in your dreams.

Let me know which books you get and if they are any good.

Have a fab weekend ;-)

Sounds like you are thinking ahead in a fab way. Recognising that this is all about changing habits is the main thing, in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing you hit your target xx

18 weeks in...64lbs down...21lbs to go!

Hi FlicG,

Amazing before and after photos well done you!! Must be exciting to be sooo close to your target now.

Clare xx

Morning lovelies.

Busy weekend so didn't get around to posting my weekend WI!

Weight: 11st 12lb (-2lb) :) Into the 11s! :)

Not a big loss, but it does seem to go in circles of big and small losses. I'm not worried as I had an SS+ heavy week.

Had my two weekend evening meals and am back to just SS for the rest of the week...would love love love to see that 11st 7lb at the weekend! (that's 5lb and might be possible if I have a good week!)

Chose my wedding ring style at the weekend - it's been an ongoing debate as I have an unusual engagement ring - very exciting! I also made the first batch of mince pies - I thought of you Kat! Haha.

Had a bit of a nightmare this morning because about 5 things I wanted to wear didn't fit! More stuff to go on eBay I suppose!

Hope you all had a good weekend - i'll be "doing the rounds" in a minute!

xx

Hi FlicG!,

Congrats on the 11s! Love going down to the next number! So excited for you to get down to your target, here's hoping you have a fab week :)

Clare xx

Morning lovelies.

Busy weekend so didn't get around to posting my weekend WI!

Weight: 11st 12lb (-2lb) :) Into the 11s! :)

Not a big loss, but it does seem to go in circles of big and small losses. I'm not worried as I had an SS+ heavy week.

Had my two weekend evening meals and am back to just SS for the rest of the week...would love love love to see that 11st 7lb at the weekend! (that's 5lb and might be possible if I have a good week!)

Chose my wedding ring style at the weekend - it's been an ongoing debate as I have an unusual engagement ring - very exciting! I also made the first batch of mince pies - I thought of you Kat! Haha.

Had a bit of a nightmare this morning because about 5 things I wanted to wear didn't fit! More stuff to go on eBay I suppose!

Hope you all had a good weekend - i'll be "doing the rounds" in a minute!

xx

ex on the weigh in all going to plan and if you do a big/ small cycle its all pretty good. i got 3lbs this week as expected so pretty happy can t remember the last time i got 3 lbs of in a week with any other form of diet so i ll take take!

oh exciting on the wedding band front does it really compliment the enagement ring, im such a magpipe when it comes to jewellery love the shiny shiny!

thats a fab nightmare to have when the clothes start to look like sacks and if you get a some pennies for them then you can put it towards new things

have a great dayxx

Flick massive well done on getting into the 11's ! You are now smaller than my goal weight 11.13 at 5ft 7 but I know I will reduce it to 10.13.
Home made mince pies. . . . Now that would test me ! You have great will power my dear.

Your ploughing through and as we all know we can never guess our weekly losses, some are bigger than others for no reason other than our body's are a unique and marvellous thing but from what I know of you, you will try your upmost to get to 11.7 at your weigh in :)

Oh my lord, into the 11's, sorry to say that again but I bet your thrilled x x x x x x

Back