My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Morning all,

It's as if you've read my mind Angel...I don't usually post, but perhaps I should...

Well, weekend started well - WI Sat morning and -3lb taking me back to just above my pre-Christmas weight (another couple to go to target.) Really good morning with CDC and felt ready for the week ahead. Got home and needed to go into town to take some stuff back. OH refused to go with me and I was in such a mood, I forgot to take any products with me. Past experience has told me that if I start to feel hungry, a bite of bar usually sorts me out and keeps me from cheating. Well - that didn't happen and I ended up eating the sweets i'd bought for my nephew on the way home. Then I just gave up almost. had chocolate, fruit, cheese and crackers...felt awful. Woke up Sunday and just carried on...went out for lunch and had soup and a roll, had off plan dinner last night...two MASSIVE red dots on my calendar (If I had your calendar Angel!)

I feel really deflated, like I can't stick to plan for more than a week. December I had an excuse but it's January now and I don't have the time to mess about.

Back on it this morning - feeling like crap...

Hope you all had better weekends than me.

xx

Morning hunni,

Fingers crossed you feel better as the day goes on.

It's madness how so easily we can be derailed, I can sit here all positive one moment then as 2 :days last week within moment is can be eating a bloody take away. This plan isn't easy BUT you have done fantastic, you WILL get back in the zone, you have your wedding just around the corner . . . . Hopefully your dress is ready in the shop waiting for your fitting which is super exciting.

Flick we can all tell you to remember why you started, we can all tell you how far you've come and that you look amazing ( which is all true ) BUT as we all know it has to be in our our minds.

You need to convince yourself again that you can do it and you will, its all in the mind,

-3 if fab and I bet a naughty weekend would really undo that, maybe today and tomorrow the scales won't be as kind but later in the week you could be beck to your WI weight if that makes sense.

It's awful to get caught in the vicious circle and its not easy to get back into it after the festivities so I'm sending you cyber hugs and positive vibes, keep posting and stick with it chick, it will just click any day now x x x x

Flic I've had the same problem since January. It's like I'm doing a few days and then stalling and falling off the wagon. You're so close to target now! I'm thinking of a mini challenge for myself. 30 days on plan no cheating and a reward at the end. Will take me to just before Valentine's Day if you wanted to join?

Thanks Angel,

You're already making me feel better! Today i'll probably post a lot about whys and hows to keep me on track. I am much better in the week than the weekend. TOTM due today/tomorrow hasn't helped...not that that's totally to blame...

Thanks for your support guys - it really does mean a lot.

xx

PS - Laura, your 30 day challenge sounds fab - i'm deffo up for something like that - I think if I try and make it to valentine's day 100% on plan then that will work. Spoke to my best friend/chief bridesmaid last night and i'm going away on my hen do 27th March! :) Another target to work to. If I can split the next couple of months into smaller lots, that will hopefully help me keep on the straight and narrow...

xx

That's my plan flic. 30 days from today takes us up to just before Valentine's Day. 100% on plan and a little gift at the end! Feel free to join me!
So exciting re the hen do. My birthday is March 30th so that's my kind of milestone goal. But smaller ones until then I'm hoping will keep me going

As promised - i'm in a posty mood...well, an accountable mood.

So, Saturday - where I failed...

- Didn't take any products with me into town. I wasn't there for long, but 1/2 a bar doesn't keep you from craving. I think if i'd have had something in the car at least, I could have kept focussed on that, rather than allowing myself to waver and think about cheats. I bought the sweets "for my nephew" but I don't think I really had any intention of them getting to him...it was just me using it as an excuse.

- Not drinking enough. I bought two 1l water bottles Sat and I can keep one in the car. I should have drunk much more before I got going with shopping. Instead, my tummy was really empty, which aided the cheating.

- Getting home and NOT having a product. I'd already cheated, so I just carried on. I should have brushed myself off and got back on it. Instead, I opened the fridge door...FATAL. If i'd have had a product, I would have felt satisfied enough that I didn't need to cheat any more.

- using one cheat to fall back into old patterns. Instead of staying strong, when OH went out - I helped myself to chocolate and fruit. (yes, cheating with fruit!) I should have had a cup of tea and gone to bed, but I didn't.

When I woke up Sunday, I should have weighed...instead I got up and felt sorry for myself - punishing myself by not eating...and the vicious cycle started again. I should have had my product but because I got hungry, I wanted porridge. Then lunch. Then dinner which I only ate some of because I didn't need it. I was eating because I was craving and had already cheated through the day...I didn't need to do any of this.

So, in the words of Taylor Swift, i'm going to "shake it off" and get on with this week. Weekdays I am much better and can get back into it. I'm 1l down, about 10 cups of tea and 1/2 a bar. Lunch will be about 2pm and I am feeling good.

I have got mushroom risotto for dinner tonight. Going to add some purple sprouting brocolli to it and some prawns to make it a proper ss+ treat. I really wanted spag bol, but CDC hasn't had her delivery yet. Looking forward to trying that one.

For my next post - forward planning!

xx

Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and then forget about it. It happens! As long as you have your goal in mind and you're making the right steps you'll get here x

Thanks Laura, i'm 50% through the day - only another 2 hours at work and then home time. Feeling much better with a good morning under my belt.

As promised - forward planning!

So, this week I will be SS+ mostly. I might SS a couple of nights too, but i'm not sure yet. I feel a bit like i'm back to square one after being bad all weekend - I was 3lb away from upper target which would have been achievable - I'm not sure where I am now because I was reluctant to weigh this morning. I will weigh tomorrow and see what the damage is. So, rambling, I am hoping to be at/close to upper target for WI because next week is a bit busy. I am away Tuesday - Friday. We have a show so I am there for set up, the show itself and breakdown. That means 3 nights away and 3 evenings I will have to eat out. I'm not too bothered about that itself as I know I can make good choices. I usually just have shakes and bars, but next week will be my first venture into tetras! I will take 4 with me for lunches and breakfast will be bars. I'm cancelling my premier inn breakfast so i'm not tempted.

Week Commencing 26th Jan - Step 2 - getting into my stride with that - nothing planned as yet, but a normal week back in the office.

Week Commencing 2nd Feb, Week Commencing 9th Feb: Haven't decided whether to do 3 or 4 weeks of Step 2 yet...It all depends on where I am weight wise I guess. If I do four weeks, that takes me right up to Valentine's day which will work out quite nicely. OH and I don't usually do anything specific, but will have a nice meal so perhaps the start of step 3 will work well!

Step 3: The rest of Feb and into March I think will be step 3. Hen do at the end of March (eek!) which will be off plan i'm sure, so I might do a bit of damage limitation with the beginning of April and a step 2 week. Back to step 3 for a week, then STEP 4! Step 4 from 13th April and for the rest of April and then May will be Step 5 and wedding fever. I get married 30th May and will start married life (and June) in maintenance! EEK!

(It does occur to me i've just whiled away 5 months of my life, but better to be prepared and planned ahead than not, eh!)

I think that it's quite a reasonable plan. I'd like to give myself a good few weeks on each step and it leads me really nicely to the wedding.

What do you all think?

xx

hi there

good to see the preparation is coming together nicely. can i also suggest a smaller goal to help keep your head in the game. a wee mini challenge first one is to complete 1 week on your desired step, week after thats not todays prob just this week. it gives you a break from all things sweet and then the mind stops callin for sugars and starts wantin only what it needs by the end your back in the zone, works for me
jx

Thanks Jen - that sounds like a great plan - I think a 100% on plan week for each plan as a mini goal will work really well for me - especially in the higher steps.

TOTM arrived this morning - possibly why I felt so crummy yesterday. This morning's WI was 2lb heavier than Saturday's official one - i'm hoping it's water retention, not lasting gain from my weekend...

Had risotto last night - not a fan. I like mushrooms, but this was almost too mushroomy for me and had that synthetic taste to it which the mushroom soup had too... So, the two sachets are going to be swapped on Sat - hoping CDC has some spag bol now - looking forward to trying that one.

Hope you're all having a jolly Tuesday!

xx

Hi Flic,

How you doing? Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year (diet aside!).

You sound like you've got your head together after a shaky couple of weeks. I completely empathise with you, I was shocked at how easily I slipped back into my old ways too.

Good luck with it all, we can do this!

xx

I've just started a new thread for a mini target for January and February if you're interested...? I always find it easier to have smaller targets and smaller timescales!

Yay - Clare you're back! Going to come and find you in a mo to see how your Christmas was!

I'll find your groups in a wee while - sounds great though! My targets are mostly around being on plan since i've now under a stone to loose, but I think it's probably even more important that I set myself these targets.

Despite the cramps, today I am feeling happy and in control! Yay!

xx

Thanks Jen - that sounds like a great plan - I think a 100% on plan week for each plan as a mini goal will work really well for me - especially in the higher steps. TOTM arrived this morning - possibly why I felt so crummy yesterday. This morning's WI was 2lb heavier than Saturday's official one - i'm hoping it's water retention, not lasting gain from my weekend... Had risotto last night - not a fan. I like mushrooms, but this was almost too mushroomy for me and had that synthetic taste to it which the mushroom soup had too... So, the two sachets are going to be swapped on Sat - hoping CDC has some spag bol now - looking forward to trying that one. Hope you're all having a jolly Tuesday! xx

Hi Flic
yes I feel the same about the risotto had an overwhelming 'yucky' taste to it so had to chuck it after a couple of bites! I bought one of those and one spag Bol (which I haven't tried yet) so hopefully that tastes better! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Flic,

I am, I missed you guys :)

You sound like you've got it sussed!

I ended up at emergency docs on boxing day as my stomach was that sore I couldn't even stand up :( I think it was just too much rich food after so long of nothing. I really need to ease myself back into eating again properly next time!

Hope you're feeling better soon

xx

Oh and both of you regarding risotto (sorry if I've mentioned this before, can't be bothered checking!) my CDC recommends it with lots of curry powder and chicken and vegetables, she said it's almost like a Chinese curry. I haven't tried it yet but I mentioned that on another forum and loads of people came back saying it was yummy... xx

Oh, that sounds like a great shout with the curry powder. I might give it one more go later and the week...

I knwo what you mean about Christmas too Clare - I was super full on Christmas day! I did listen to my body and ate till i felt i'd had enough and then stopped - I think I felt more in control over Christmas that I did over the weekend!

I haven't got around to you all today - been busy finalising guest lists. I'm heading now...

xx

Hello lovely ones!

Today's another day - it's Wednesday, we're halfway through the week, I'm off to a bit of a family get-together tonight, but i'm taking my own tea.

TOTM cravings in full swing. OH bought a cheesecake with the food shop and had a piece last night. whilst we were sat watching TV, he offered me some - I was soooo tempted! I resisted though and just had my rice pudding after the SS+ meal. I was quite tempted to move up to step 2 so that I could have some milk/yoghurt and a more substancial meal, but again - resisted.

Today's a normal work day - plenty of water and cups of peppermint tea heading my way!

xx

Hello lovely ones! Today's another day - it's Wednesday, we're halfway through the week, I'm off to a bit of a family get-together tonight, but i'm taking my own tea. TOTM cravings in full swing. OH bought a cheesecake with the food shop and had a piece last night. whilst we were sat watching TV, he offered me some - I was soooo tempted! I resisted though and just had my rice pudding after the SS+ meal. I was quite tempted to move up to step 2 so that I could have some milk/yoghurt and a more substancial meal, but again - resisted. Today's a normal work day - plenty of water and cups of peppermint tea heading my way! xx

Good morning lovely lady :)

That's great willpower to resist cheesecake especially at TOTM, my cravings have been mental this month so I feel your pain.

Fingers crossed for a nice easy day, loving the forward planning and taking your tea this evening :) x

Hello lovely ones! Today's another day - it's Wednesday, we're halfway through the week, I'm off to a bit of a family get-together tonight, but i'm taking my own tea. TOTM cravings in full swing. OH bought a cheesecake with the food shop and had a piece last night. whilst we were sat watching TV, he offered me some - I was soooo tempted! I resisted though and just had my rice pudding after the SS+ meal. I was quite tempted to move up to step 2 so that I could have some milk/yoghurt and a more substancial meal, but again - resisted. Today's a normal work day - plenty of water and cups of peppermint tea heading my way! xx

Well done on resisting the cheesecake hun, naughty OH x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all,

Well, I am tired this morning! Went to my cousin's wee party last night for her birthday. I had pre-confirmed food options and there was salad, so took my own prawns to go with it. I decided I wasn't going to be tempted by party food.

Now, I did do REALLY well - not a savoury morsel passed my lips, even though there were some lovely pastries and sausages...what I didn't resist was 1 mini meringue (stuck together with cream and another one, which I wiped off so I only had 1/2 a portion) and a square of tiffin... The tiffin was cut into giant pieces the size of about 2 fingers width, but the bit I cut off was about the size of a pound coin, so with both bits, I was basically trying them, but not having the full amount. Logged it on MFP and was still under 800kcal for the day, but the sugar has probably knocked me out of blooming ketosis...

So, weighed this morning dreading the worst and I was 11st 8lb - only 1 away from top target now. I think I must have been carrying some totm water weight at the start of the week. I just hope that the cheat doesn't do too much damage...I would love to be just a little closer to top target for Sat WI.

After debating this morning whether to carry on SS, or go up to Step 2 (i'm already out of ketosis, what will a bit of milk do anyway) i'm going to stick with it. After all, it's only today and tomorrow left before WI, and the plan was step 2 next week anyway. I WILL REMAIN STRONG TODAY.

I am trying to flush it all out, so i'm already 1lt of water down and 3 cups of tea! I've started carrying a water bottle around with me which is 1ltr. I try and drink 1 in the car on the way to work, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one on the way home. Inbetween, lots of tea and additional water in the evening too. I've only been doing it for a week - I wanted to flush Christmas out of my system - but I am going to try and continue doing it. I am not good at the weekend with keeping up with water, so my plan is to do something similar and keep myself topped up.

Gosh, I am rambling this morning - sorry!

Off to have wee number one...of many! Haha.

xx

Back