My Personal Weight Loss Journey

You're talking some sense today Jen - perhaps you should drink vodka more often!!! Haha, I'll shut up now! xx

Aww, you guys!

Thanks for your comments and support - I literally wouldn't be this far if you weren't here! Support from those who've been here before and are going through the same things make a massive difference when you have a "low" day. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm definitely heeding your advice Jen and am thinking that properly doing step 3 from next week might work well for me - and I think that working within that section will stop me from cheating and drifting about. Likewise Kat - What you said about cheat days and another day longer on plan is really helpful too.

I'm definitely feeling more positive today after your comments, so thank you again.

xxx

Morning all,

Not a great night despite feeling motivated. I decided to use MFP to make a recipe last night for veggie chilli and eschew basically all of the things I am supposed to eat on step 2. On the plus side, the chilli portion (all weighed and measured out) was only 125 calories per portion (for 240g of it, which was plenty!) and I topped it with an egg and baked it in the oven...on the negative side - I picked at OH's chilli whilst waiting, some crunchy granola, some cheese...then I had some more granola, yoghurt and a banana instead of product three... Then I went to bed feeling so full and sick. I chucked what was left of the granola - which wasn't much - in the compost afterwards, and am yet to have breakfast this morning - partly because i'm not hungry yet, and partly penance.

I think part of the problem last night was that i'd got too hungry. I realised that I didn't have my second half of my product at 4.30 like I usually do and didn't have it when i'd got home either. I also need to remind myself that when i'm cooking, I don't need to pick because i'll be eating it soon - I had got really good at this!!

I think as you said, Jen - i'm getting hungry and maybe a bit bored too, and i'm struggling not to cheat because I don't feel satisfied...

I'm also ill, full of cold and earache and feel generally meh about everything. I need to get myself back on track and not cheating. Looking forward for a catch up with CDC on Sat and see what her advice is.

Sorry - lots of moaning and groaning at the moment - i'm just not feeling it at the moment. I'm not sinking into a hole of dispair and stuffing myself with chocolate though.

Anyway, it's taken me about an hour inbetween what I should have been doing to write this, and I am a little peckish now, so i'm off to get breakfast - 1/2 shake and 150g yoghurt.

xx

Think it's the January Blues for all of us! Would you not consider just a calorie controlled diet instead of going through the steps? At least then you can eat what you fancy but in moderation...just a thought. xx

Morning all, Not a great night despite feeling motivated. I decided to use MFP to make a recipe last night for veggie chilli and eschew basically all of the things I am supposed to eat on step 2. On the plus side, the chilli portion (all weighed and measured out) was only 125 calories per portion (for 240g of it, which was plenty!) and I topped it with an egg and baked it in the oven...on the negative side - I picked at OH's chilli whilst waiting, some crunchy granola, some cheese...then I had some more granola, yoghurt and a banana instead of product three... Then I went to bed feeling so full and sick. I chucked what was left of the granola - which wasn't much - in the compost afterwards, and am yet to have breakfast this morning - partly because i'm not hungry yet, and partly penance. I think part of the problem last night was that i'd got too hungry. I realised that I didn't have my second half of my product at 4.30 like I usually do and didn't have it when i'd got home either. I also need to remind myself that when i'm cooking, I don't need to pick because i'll be eating it soon - I had got really good at this!! I think as you said, Jen - i'm getting hungry and maybe a bit bored too, and i'm struggling not to cheat because I don't feel satisfied... I'm also ill, full of cold and earache and feel generally meh about everything. I need to get myself back on track and not cheating. Looking forward for a catch up with CDC on Sat and see what her advice is. Sorry - lots of moaning and groaning at the moment - i'm just not feeling it at the moment. I'm not sinking into a hole of dispair and stuffing myself with chocolate though. Anyway, it's taken me about an hour inbetween what I should have been doing to write this, and I am a little peckish now, so i'm off to get breakfast - 1/2 shake and 150g yoghurt. xx

Hey Flic sorry u r poorly! I feel like I spent most of jan being poorly and it's rubbish. Can make u want to eat too, I always crave soup and bread when poorly.

I def agree that picking usually happens if you get to hungry. I've had a few slip ups after work nipping to the shop for naughty things instead of waiting for a pack when I get home.

Hope u feel better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks both for popping by - deffo January blues and being ill which isn't helping me stick to the plan.

Clare, I've tried calorie counting and it just doesn't work for me yet...I need to get a real understanding of portion sizes before I start that kind of thing. i do a bit of calorie counting anyway using MFP, but I really want to get a handle on portions and things before I take that leap.

WPW, I know how you feel - tomato soup and cheese sandwiches are usually my ill food - I am resisting at the moment! I think I just need some good sunshine and a holiday (saving for a wedding though means that i'm more likely to get three minutes on a sunbed and a trip to skegness!) Haha.

xx

Hope your feeling better today Flick, it's awful to feel poorly anytime but when on a VLVD it's always a lot worse.
Big big hugs hunni.

I'm sure you will get back into the swing of things soon x

Morning all,

Well, it really is a roller coaster at the moment - I seem to be up one day and down the next...

Feeling positive today, and a bit better. Still full of cold but slept all night which makes a huge difference. Went and picked up more supplies last night as I didn't see CDC at the weekend and I was running out - she finally had some spag bols, so I'm looking forward to trying that for lunch!

Yesterday was 99% on plan - I did have a little bit of bacon when I was cooking for OH, but told myself off about it and carried on being good. I didn't weigh my veg specifically either, so was probably over my 80g allowance (does anyone else think that 80g is a ridiculous amount? Possibly a throwback of mine from SW, but I LOVE a good salad.) Last night was fajita spiced chicken with lettuce wraps, cucumber, green pepper and spring onions. Oh, and a boiled egg - reduced my chicken portion accordingly.

I had a bath and then a frozen chocolate tetra for my last product whilst watching tv. I avoided going back into the kitchen/larder and told myself to be good. This morning, I am feeling good about it all.

I've pretty much made my mind up that from next week, i'll be doing step 3. I'm feeling really positive about moving up and I think it'll help me from cheating because i'll be allowed things. I've also decided that my 400cal evening meal will not necessarily be sticking within the confines of green veg and protein as in the book. I can use MFP to log home cooked recipes, and i'll use their carb guidelines for meals since that's the bit I struggle with the most in terms of portioning. I bought some sweet potatoes last weekend and had one on Sunday night, and I am really looking forward to some more next week. I might also be heading back into the realms of being able to cook one meal for OH and I, rather than two! :)

Happy happy. Going to start planning next week's meals on my little calendar planner whilst I have lunch! :)

xx

Just had the spag bol! OMG - delicious, but found it quite salty?

Might get some for next week so that I can have them for lunch with some roasted veg/salad? What are people paying for them? My CDC said they come in a smaller box, so they are more expensive. I figure as I move to step 3, i'll be dropping a product a day anyway, so I can justify it...

xx

Just had the spag bol! OMG - delicious, but found it quite salty? Might get some for next week so that I can have them for lunch with some roasted veg/salad? What are people paying for them? My CDC said they come in a smaller box, so they are more expensive. I figure as I move to step 3, i'll be dropping a product a day anyway, so I can justify it... xx

Flic I think I pay £2.10 for the spag Bol. I put some chilli flakes in to spice it up a little.

When you freeze the tetra, do you then just cut the top off and eat like ice cream? Might be a silly question!

Hey lovely,

FYI - just whack the tetra in the freezer and maybe 1/4 hour before you want it, take it out so that it's easier to squeeze out of the pack. It takes quite a while to eat as it's hard, so that's good!

So, yet again, I fell at the evening hurdle...I don't know why I can't just stick with it. I ended up not having my last product and having yoghurt, museli and lemon curd instead. My brain is constantly thinking of things that I can eat that aren't on plan...why??

Feeling like i'm failing a bit at the moment...looking forward to a proper catch up with CDC tomorrow - it always helps me to have a good chat with her.

Needless to say, after two weeks of buggering about not really being on plan, i'm not where I was at the last official WI. I am still under 12st (just) but considering my ultimate goal is 11st - I have some serious work to do.

Starting the couch25K this weekend - no more excuses. Not sure how i'm going to fit it all in during the week with it still being dark at night (I live in a rural community, so no street lights) but that's not an excuse not to do it. I'm quite tempted to go from work since there are lights about here...plus, that means I don't even get into the house before I go out again which really works for me.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Whilst OH is at the football with his brother, I will be going to collect bridesmaid dresses, and making wedding favour chutney...at least i'll be keeping myself busy all day which might mean that I won't have time to cheat!

xx

Hey lovely, FYI - just whack the tetra in the freezer and maybe 1/4 hour before you want it, take it out so that it's easier to squeeze out of the pack. It takes quite a while to eat as it's hard, so that's good! So, yet again, I fell at the evening hurdle...I don't know why I can't just stick with it. I ended up not having my last product and having yoghurt, museli and lemon curd instead. My brain is constantly thinking of things that I can eat that aren't on plan...why?? Feeling like i'm failing a bit at the moment...looking forward to a proper catch up with CDC tomorrow - it always helps me to have a good chat with her. Needless to say, after two weeks of buggering about not really being on plan, i'm not where I was at the last official WI. I am still under 12st (just) but considering my ultimate goal is 11st - I have some serious work to do. Starting the couch25K this weekend - no more excuses. Not sure how i'm going to fit it all in during the week with it still being dark at night (I live in a rural community, so no street lights) but that's not an excuse not to do it. I'm quite tempted to go from work since there are lights about here...plus, that means I don't even get into the house before I go out again which really works for me. Tomorrow is a busy day. Whilst OH is at the football with his brother, I will be going to collect bridesmaid dresses, and making wedding favour chutney...at least i'll be keeping myself busy all day which might mean that I won't have time to cheat! xx

Thanks for the tip on the frozen tetra (sounds like something from Star Trek!)

When is your wedding? Have you bought your dress? I am thinking the dress might be good to focus on to get your mind straight?

Hi Flic
i continue to read your thread and am pleased that you are at goal :D.Dont worry about going off plan etc...I follow the 1000kcal plan but am not rigid about it.See my diary thread,I use MFP and somedays just have 1000kcals which makes life dam easy when Im at events.I also do short runs 0-5k (nothing massive) 3 times a week and use a natural supplement drop.The weight is still coming off me and I feel great.Find your plan/idea to follow and go with it,I always found chopping and changing between ss-1000kcal totally messed totally with my metabolism/body.

Keep up the good work

Purple

Morning all,

Thanks Purple for stopping by - always handy to hear what others are doing.

Well, my weekend was semi-to plan! Went to see CDC on Saturday and as thought, the scales showed a +4lb gain. :( We sat and discussed options and yes, Step 3 is for me...Tried to stick to it this weekend, but with a meal out with my parents and a birthday lunch yesterday, i've not necessarily been 1000cals, more like 1200-1400... Today is Monday again and I am always better behaved in the week - I find sticking to plan when I have a schedule much easier and have brought my breakfast in and some veg to go with spag bol for lunch.

Had a great weekend - Saturday, after CDC, I went out with my parents to get the final bridesmaid dresses - which weren't in yet (bit of a wasted journey) and out for lunch. A bit of shopping and then back to make more wedding favour chutneys.

Yesterday, I got up, walked the dogs and then did my first day of the training program for couch25k - it's basically interval training but the woman tells you when to run, and when to fast walk. It was really good and I got home feeling incredibly positive! Rest day today and then it's part two tomorrow. My bum aches a bit today and my back - I guess i've got to build up my strength, but I really enjoyed it. Then it was on to a roast at parents in-law and delivering invites yesterday afternoon. A full weekend of exciting stuff!

Positive this morning and looking forward to being properly on plan and step three today and seeing how it goes.

On the plus side, CDC reminded me that since I got to my upper target of 12st 7lb, i've not gone over 12st so despite fluctuating, i've stuck with it - even if i'm not quite where I want to be - i'm still nowhere near where I was when I started.

If only I could properly loose that last half stone, i'd be happy to fluctuate between 11st and 11st 7lb! :)

Hope you all had good weekends - i'll be around shortly to see how you're all getting on.

xx

Morning Flick, hope you had a fab weekend.

I'm yet to try the Cambridge Spag Bol I'm a salt person so if its salty it could be the savoury fix I need at times.

I have some and will maybe try tomorrow for lunch.

Did you get time to fit in the couch to 5k, I would live to run but have to confess the cold and dark is making me live like a hermit at the moment.

Hope you had a good weekend and here's to a successful week x

Thanks lovely,

I'd give the spag bol a go - it feels like a real treat to have something decent to chew and the flavour's good! I've brought cooked mushroom and courgette and spinach to add to it today for a Step 3 lunch which i'm looking forward to!

Yes, got my training done on Sunday morning. I'm looking to the positives and knowing that I'll have to do it in the dark during the week - evening runs too - but it's always getting lighter at the moment, and I mustn't let the darkness being an excuse for not doing it. Now i've started, I don't want to stop! Deciding whether to do it around the streets by work which might be street lit, but I won't know a real route yet, or sticking with my private roads at home which will be dark, but there'll also be no cars. I know the route for my one at home too...decisions decisions. I know what you mean Kat about wanting to be a hermit - I just know if I don't start now, I never will!

Enjoy your spag bol! :)

xx

Fab that you took the first steps ( no pun intended ) Well done as we all need to start somewhere.

I'm sure it must be quite a buzz, are you tracking it ? There's a fab app called Map my run, I'm
Sure you already have something but just thought I would mention.

Step 3 feels a million miles away for me, massive well done on sticking with it. It's not easy especially as we get smaller we feel quite comfortable with our new shape but your wedding is a fab motivation for you, the next couple if months will fly by :)

gid day lovely!

glad to hear your also full of fighting spirit too, lets get ready to rumble! its been a few faffing weeks for most of us so time to pick up and get on with it. feb is the month to make some head way, im bored of cycling round these weights want the new set of figures
jxx

Hey Jen,

I am SOOO with you. It's funny isn't it - most people start a diet in Jan and do well for the month, but for us hardened dieters, I think we've all struggled with January the most!

Feeling really positive about this week - nothing can stop me!

xx

Haha Flic you're right, January was by far the hardest time for me so far - weird isn't it?! Glad you had fun on your run!

xx

Back