My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Morning Flic,

How are you doing today? Still feeling positive? :) xx

Morning lovelies,

Still feeling positive this morning, despite a little cheat last night of some raisins and nuts...I am literally obsessed at the moment, but there are no more in the house now, and I am NOT replenishing the stock.

Dinner was great last night - OH had carbonara, whilst I griddle'd some chicken and had it with green veg and sweet potatoes. Loving the addition of the carbs! One thing I am definitely sticking to is the book's allotted portion size for carbs. I probably had over the measly 80g veg allowance but the carbs I need to continue to weigh - what I don't want is to start getting ahead of myself when I need to get in control of portion sizes.

So, anyway - second run tonight - i'm going to do it from work as it's freezing cold so the addition of streetlights will help me to dodge the ice! Looking forward to it actually!

xx

this is brill that your starting to run. it is so good for over all toning and when your out and about my friends love that it gives you time to clear your mind. old aunty jen however is very concerned with knee joints so be careful of those when pounding the pavements:) so glad that we re all dieting the diet mojo back on. flic will you be posting a few wedding snaps? would be lovely to see you in your finery

laura im so with you that jan wasn t the easiest month think when you ve been so focused up to dec and then enjoy xmas you then go into rebellion like an angst ridden teen come jan. here to feb being the month we can all knuckle down and get the job done
jx

Morning ladies . . . .

Massive well done on the 2nd run Flick, baby steps lead to big steps. I wish I had a bit more get up and go.

I also agree with the others January has been a pants month for most of us. I think getting back on track after Xmas has been a challenge but we all know its time to knuckle down and start making progress again.

Your certainly on the right track with the running though :)
Keep up the great work x x

Hi Flic,

Yay you sound really on track :) I'm doing my first run tomorrow night, hope I enjoy it too!

xx

Thanks for popping by lovely ladies - we've all got our mojo back - time to use that motivation to keep us going for Feb with hopefully some great results!

Friends coming for dinner tonight and i'm being ambitious - making my own pittas, homous and tsatziki, as well as some chicken souvlaki - greek themed dinner - yay! I've already logged what I plan to have on MFP and MUSTN'T deviate. Not going to have any bread myself, but will have a little of the homous.

Have a great evening all!

xx

oh let me know how you get on, i love all the above. if you go for a more middle eastern theme look up tabbouleh its yummy
jx

Sounds fab flick, hope you had a lovely evening :)

Great will power to be able to cook and remain in control x

Morning all,

Run was fab last night - even did a little extra to the plan (probably only 30 seconds!) as I felt I had a bit more energy left. Looking forward to the next run on Thursday and then starting week 2 at the weekend - it's all good!

Meal last night was mostly a success - I was a bit ambitious trying to squeeze everything in cooking wise. Pittas didn't rise properly - more like flatbreads but were tasty (yes, I know this because I had 1/2 of one... :-() but on the whole it was all good. Logged everything and dinner ended up being 650 cals. Luckily, I was busy cooking so didn't have any of the starter (cured meats) so that saved me some cals.

This morning I stood on the scales and they were 12st 1lb - that's a 3lb gain in a day. I'm trying not to panic and thinking it might be a combination of exercise and possibly some water retention from that rather than a proper gain. Jen - how did your body react when you first moved up a step? (Mind you, you were probably much more controlled with it than i've been.)

I really don't want another gain on my scorecard this week. :(

xx

Morning Flic,

Great about your run! It's so much easier when you enjoy it, I really hope I enjoy mine tonight.

Half a pitta is good going and only 650 cals altogether is fab, not sure I could have restrained myself.

I think your gain was just a result of water or something, bet you'll be back down on the 11s tomorrow.

Have a great day my friend xx

I hope so! Bit of a shock on the scales this morning - I'm hoping that they sort themselves out for tomorrow.

Planning a much better day today food wise - sticking with the plan so all will be fine...I hope!

xx

it must be the day for 3 lb gains i did exactly the same was thinkin id get a sts or even a half pound loss but no the scales say 11st there were warning sirens goinf off in my head i can tell you! however fear not this has happened before and no doubt it ll happen again. flic i find when you start excercising more you have a gain and can only put that down to water retension as micro fibres in the muscles get ripped and the bodys response is to pull fliud into the tissue. this is my theory for it but it does make sense. it soon evens out and cals burned outway that. i did gain on the step up and your body will get with the programme so just keep plodding. its disheartening but not the end of the world, it does normally come of quickly. if life is like a box of chocolates we re currently munching the ginger creams:)
jx

Must be the day for gains - I had a 2lb one too!! No idea why, not changed anything or pigged out. It will just be water and should sort itself out!! A woman's body is a weird and wonderful thing!!!! x

it so is liz at least when you ve not been on a feeding frenzy you know its not a true reflexion. im sure these gains will melt very soon, like now would be good:)
jx

Yes it's just frustrating!! Id like to go to sleep and wake up in April when it's warmer and be 12 lighter lol. Xx

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Great loss so far Liz :) im sure you'll get big loss next week to even out your gain. I always find when I diet, whatever the plan I carry a lot of water around totm so get those odd gain weeks. To be a woman eh lol.

Gah - men have it sooo easy.

Meeting this morning and wasn't hungry beforehand, but by God I am now! Lunch in the next 15mins. I did remind myself about eating for the sake of it and it was a good mini lesson to myself. I can do it in this situation (where there's nothing to cheat with as i'm at work) but not at home - I end up cheating with bad things!

Anyway - off to make my spag bol lunch! :)

xx

Morning all,

Scales have not budged and I'm fessing up...again. I got home last night after being good all day and snacked/picked at so much crap. crumble mix for OH's pudding, chicken, olives, leftover homous...It's difficult to judge/log, but I probably snaffled down on 250-300 cals of crap which I didn't need. It was only this morning whilst drying my hair that I suddenly remembered something:

I am only making it worse on myself. I have always seen this as a new way of life, and yet I was doing things which I would attribute to my old way of doing/thinking.

I had a good hard talk with myself this morning and told myself this:
1 - STOP picking. You're never going to maintain or even loose this the last bit if you don't work hard on keeping it off.
2 - It IS hard work. But don't give up. You need to just stick with it.
3 - KEEP MAKING HEALTHY DECISIONS. You might be on step 3, but you're another step closer. Look at this as the start of forever, not the end of something.
4 - Whatever cheats you do, you're only doing it to yourself. It's YOU that took the weight off and it's only YOU that put the weight on.
5 - Remember selling all of those fat clothes? You'll be buying them all back if you carry on, and that will just be a waste!

Essentially, don't ruin all the hard work because you feel like you've earned it, or you want it. Want is different to NEED - just remember that!

So yes, I've not stopped feeling positive, but i'm feeling more motivated and driven again today. I always seem to in the morning, it's just maintaining that feeling till the afternoon! Potential problem this evening is that i've got to go to my parents house for tea, so I have no idea what i'll be having (eek.) Hopefully won't be too bad.

Saturday afternoon, i'm off to try on my wedding dress! AHHH! It'll be good motivation to get this last bit off I think.

Was supposed to do my next run tonight but with everything going on, it'll be tomorrow instead - all good and i'll start week 2 on Sunday. Going out for a walk at lunch instead to keep myself up and motivated.

I also brought cake in to work today - the last bit of Christmas coffee cake which has been in the freezer at home. Trying to rid the house of anything tempting and just have a bit of a cleanse of it all. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it.

I am positive, just more realist today too - realising that this is much harder work than step one!

xx

xx

Back