My poor friend

Leahlou

She started yesterday on CD and can't stomach ANY of the things she has had so far.

Because it's powdery it makes her gag!

She feels really unhappy!

I don't mind the powdery-ness of them - it's doesn't particularly bother me.

She's just feeling like she wants to do it but can't stomach what she's allowed to have making her not want to eat at all.

Any suggestions to help her?

has she tried the tetras they arnt powdery at all.

I always mix my shakes with more water than you should. I too struggled with the powdery taste but they are a lot better with more water.
Has she tried the tetras? They are really creamy and dont taste at all powdery. Other than that, hold your nose and down it!!!

All good suggestions.
I found adding water, ice and blending them for ages gets rid of the powdery taste.
I couldn't do it without my hand blender.

She doesn't like milkshake! She can deal with it hot but the taste is still powdery and she doesn't like the soups.

It's really upsetting her.

I wonder if she could do it with food rather than packs!

What about trying porridge. That isnt powdery.
Lynne x

I can't stand them without my blender.

I blend the soups and that helps. I make the shakes with 1 pint of water, 3/4 ice cubes and blend it! Much nicer! Some shakes are more pwdery than others too (banana for example).

Or tell her to have tetras instead!

tetras defo and then tell her to hang on till she's allowed bars, it made all the difference to me. I sympathise though cos I hate all of the powdered kinds, soups and shakes alike and sadly not keen on the porridge.

Fingers crossed for her.

Sara

I take my choc tetra's hot, put it in large cup blitz in microwave for 1 min, top up with hot water from kettle. Definitely not powdery, however, I don't like the shakes too much myself. What about directing her to the recipes, she could maybe make a muffin from one of her packs to break the monotony. I also add extra water to my soups.

I haven't found the shakes powdery at all, I just don't like lumps so hand blender all the way for me. With the soups they do taske powdery but if you leave them for a while it tends to cook out. My sister said the same though and she gave up!
Good luck

she's going to try the tetra packs.

I'm on week 3 but gonna stick to the packs for another 2 weeks then start the bars and tetras!

I take my choc tetra's hot, put it in large cup blitz in microwave for 1 min, top up with hot water from kettle. Definitely not powdery, however, I don't like the shakes too much myself. What about directing her to the recipes, she could maybe make a muffin from one of her packs to break the monotony. I also add extra water to my soups.

Hi Minime - sorry to butt in but microwaving is a really bad idea - destroys the nutrients and affects the texture. Try this for hot choc: fill mug with boiling water, leave to heat mug, throw water away. Tip in ChocV, then fill the empty carton with boiling water to catch all the good bits, and add to mug. That should be hot enough, but if absolutely necessary you could give it one to two seconds only in the microwave.

And apparently new Counsellors are told that "cooking" any packs (such as making muffins or crisps) is not now allowed/recommended (it would be nice if all Counsellors were told this), just to be certain that you don't miss out on the full complement of nutrients.

But extra water is good - so two out of three! :D

Any powdery quality will go if they're blended long enough, and with enough water.

Hope that helps, but Leahlou: my heart sinks when a new client says "I hate milkshakes"....perhaps CD isn't right for your friend? Or perhaps she'll get used to them, like most of us do.

Back