My poor hair!

Thank you!

No one I know understood me when I told them that the pain of dying my hair blonde was excruciating and that I could deal with toothache more! I did actually think something was wrong with me, despite the number of hair dye's I've used in the past without any pain. I absolutely love having blonde hair, but apart from the fact I can never get my roots the same shade as my hair (they just go gingery) - the pain is just NOT worth it.

I feel your pain (literally!). The only reason I stopped it was the pain factor, the moment I cried at the hairdressers was the moment I realised enough was enough. I do miss the blonde sometimes but people say they prefer me reddy brown. It's weird that only bleach affects me, other dyes are perfectly fine for my hair.

It's a relief to see that someone else felt the pain too, everyone I mentioned it to didn't believe me!

I feel your pain (literally!). The only reason I stopped it was the pain factor, the moment I cried at the hairdressers was the moment I realised enough was enough. I do miss the blonde sometimes but people say they prefer me reddy brown. It's weird that only bleach affects me, other dyes are perfectly fine for my hair.

It's a relief to see that someone else felt the pain too, everyone I mentioned it to didn't believe me!

Exactly! I loved my hair before going blonde, but I was very blonde as a youngster, and my parents always comment that after dyeing my hair black (which they hated), it'd be nice to see me with a hair colour that actually suits me!

So, they got what they wanted, a graduation picture with a blonde me, but that's where I'm drawing the line. Whenever my mum did my roots, I was literally sobbing - they thought I was mental!

So reddy-brown it is once more! Eventually, I'll probably go proper red, but maybe once I've stopped working at Wilkinson, or else I might blend in with the uniform...

2faced.jpg

This is what DH did to me when I had no hair.....said I could be as 2 faced as I wanted lol !!!!

Last edited:
Rubymoss you hair is looking a nice warm colour now, well done lol.

im reddy brown at moment and looking to go blonde. is bleech the best way to go to achieve this?

i was looking at foil highlights???

any tips or advice would be great im treating myself next month so looking into options now
:D

You'll be going from the same colour I did to blonde!
I went to the hairdresser, and they told me that because I'd had black hair before the reddy-brown that I was looking at £300+ because I'd need several sets of full head highlights.

However, if you haven't had black hair, you're probably in a much better position than me. Definitely go to the hairdresser though, unless you want to lose 5/6" of hair like I did.
It might sound daft, but I'd prepare your hair now, because it's probable that they'll use some form of bleach. Use a protein mask (you can get them from Sally's Beauty if you have one near you) and take multivitamins. When you manage to get blonde, I used Lee Stafford's Bleach Blonde's Moisturising Treatment, which claims to take your hair back to it's 'virginal' state. It definitely helped loads! Either that, or Aussie Formula Miracle Reconstructer! :)

But yeah, at least you're looking at having it done professionally. Oh how I would change my mind if I could go back... I'd rather have paid £300 than lose my hair!

Good luck! :D xxxxx

i'll neverrrrrrrrr go blonde ever again! i had same problems.... i havnt been blonde for about 8 months now and i have my hair bk!

Well, here we are after the brown!
It's probably going to need another dye in a couple of weeks, but I think it's okay for now...

39203_10150233826420587_654010586_13776938_6847550_n.jpg

It's Palette by Schwarzkopf - Chocolate Brown. Nice and vibrant at the roots, not so brown on the lengths, but considering the damage of my hair, I think it's miles better than grey-pink! xxx

It looks really good! I would be tempted but my redhaired children kick my backside if I dare to dye my hair anything other than red, coz they like me being like them :D

That looks well nice! You wouldn't have known you had any problems with it at all x

wow what a result really nice colour you got there now. nice photo actually, how come i look so c**p when i have my photo taken you look nice and relaxed!!!! lol

cheers for advice shall have alook for the treatments you recommended.good idea to think ahead nice one

Back