My pregnancy diary - Time to put the weight gain on HOLD!

Well I'm sick of gaining weight now. I'm only just half way through my pregnancy and I've managed to gain over 20lb which isn't acceptable at my size.

I've joined My fitness pal and I'm good to go. Today wasn't a diet day but after putting in everything I ate I'm under the calories required to lose 1lb a week so I won't eat again today and make today the first day of my calorie counted diet.

Starting Weight 324lb :(
Goal Weight: 304lb (at the end of my pregnancy, before baby is born)

Good luck!! We can do this:)

Although even if u stick to the calories you might STS and not lose, because isn't it about a lb a week gain in tri three, with fluid, baby getting bigger etc? I'm logged into lose 1 lb a week too, but I'll be happy with a STS or .5 loss occasionally!

Although even if u stick to the calories you might STS and not lose, because isn't it about a lb a week gain in tri three, with fluid, baby getting bigger etc? I'm logged into lose 1 lb a week too, but I'll be happy with a STS or .5 loss occasionally!

Oh I don't know, I gained between 40 and 50lb with my babies but I really don't want that this time though it's heading that way.

I haven't been loggin every day with MFP like I'd planned but I think I've been good so we'll see what the verdict is this Friday. How are you doing hun? x

I know, I was the same with my two, and I too want this time to be different! Today was a disaster:( weigh in tomorrow and fresh start!!!!!

So I had a visit with my consultant and even though baby's heartbeat is fine, my blood pressure is lower than ever and my urine sample was normal he wants to put me on tonnes of pills. A vitamin D supplement, Blood thinners, and 2 others I can't remember right now. He also wants me to wear them stockings for 2 weeks after I have baby. I've also got to have scans every 4 weeks which is lovely for me to get to see baby, but totally not needed in my opinion. Seriously, 2 perfectly normal deliveries when I was bigger than I am now. None of these pills in the past. Is the fact that I'm 2 years older such a big deal because that's the only difference that I can see.

Sounds like he is being very cautious. But I suppose he is the expert. What do you think?

Aspirin was the third, still can't remember the fourth.

I agree he's being very cautious, but I don't understand why. There's no difference in my health from when I was pregnant with my first 2, and I didn't get all this fuss with them. I suppose it's just a case of different Dr different procedure. I shouldn't really complain, but I just see it as a waste of the NHS's time and money.

Not much going on with me at the moment. I'm definitely ready to have this baby though, I can feel the uncomfortable stages coming on! Plus I want to see her big blue eyes.

Take care xx

I've taken my Dr's comments to heart and since I'm really struggling to just calorie control I've decided to use try it with Slim Fast shakes thrown in. I'm hoping that the shakes will help keep my hunger away and the chocolate flavoured shakes will keep my craving for massive bags of chocolate to a minimum too.

I have had a read on the baby centre website and according to them diet shakes are not a problem as long as they're not used to restrict calories. My plan is to just use them to keep me fuller for longer and keep my sweet tooth cravings to a minimum.

I had planned on starting tomorrow because I'd promised to take my girls to Pizza hut today but as it was a bank holiday and both of my local Pizza huts were packed to the rafters I've promised to take them tomorrow so I'll be starting on Wednesday.

Good luck, hope they work well for you!

Well done

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 2½lb! I'm soooo happy.

I have another consultant appointment in just over 2 weeks so if I can be the same weight I was at my last appointment I'll be over the moon. (I gained about 2kg since my last appointment so halfway there :D)

That is brilliant - well done. I can't stick to anything:( but I'm focusing on only eating when I'm hungry at the moment

31 weeks tomorrow... 9 weeks to go!!

I'm feeling so unorganised, all I have bought is a pushchair! I still have some things from my youngest like a steriliser and a cotbed but I need a new mattress, a breast pump, clothes, bedding not to mention nappies wipes and all that jazz ...eek

Take care xx

I know what u mean time is flying, only 8 weeks left for me - yikes. I'm sneaking into town tomorrow to get a few bits though :)

Eeek just 40 days to go. Other than needing a moses basket and waitin on delivery of some stuff I'm pretty much ready for baby to come now.

On my last growth scan baby was breech, her head is on my left side and her feet are tucked up under my ribs on the right side which can be quite uncomfortable for me some times. I'll need another scan at 37 weeks to see if she's moved, they never said what would happen if she hadn't but from what I've read about online they may try to manually turn her which looks painful.

I'll soon be putting some baby product reviews on my blog if anyone's interested, starting with my Spectra breast pump

Take care xx

Bold pup for turning breech! My second son was breech at 34 weeks and turned by 37 so there is still hope!!
I'm more or less organised now too, time is flying, I'm not sleeping great and get tired in the afternoon so I'm getting impatient too!!!!!

Had my 28 week bloods taken 2 weeks ago *sigh* and it turns out I'm aneamic which would explain being so tired by the afternoon and the breathlessness. Now I'm taking iron tablets which mean even more symptoms :(

I was convinced I was in labour last night. I was having BH's every 3-4 minutes, so I jumped in the bath to shave my legs etc just in case lol and they stopped. I was a bit gutted to be honest. Ah well not long now anyway.

Hope you're all ok, take care xx

Has the baby turned? Iron tablets are a bit miserable but worth it, I notice big improvements in my energy when I take mine.

Back