My Pro Points/Simply filling diary :)

They are lovely pics and I think you look totally lovelyand healthy, not overweight or anything, but I know that's what people say to me and still I want to change , so...
You've done really well coming out the other side of what sounds like a horrific time with your eating disorder and your daughter is beautiful.
I agree with you somewhat about exercise being the key. I also hate the thought of denying myself food. Not so long ago I felt quite similar to you, feeling that the bits I hate most about my body (small saggy boobs, big massive lumpy thighs) aren't gonna change much with just losing weight but I need to exercise too. But then I have massive binges too so I need to address this part of my eating. There is lots of psychological stuff at play too! It's so hard. I hope that you can find a path that suits you but please keep in touch on here. Xxx

I agree that you look fab in your pics but it's about finding what you are happy with.

You have battled through a lot and have achieved so much so never forget that.

Exercise is great - a couple years ago I did no exercise whatsoever but nowadays I enjoy it. It's finding what you like and going for it. It does really help with inch loss and toning so be sure to take measurements so you can see your progress! X

Firstly I feel this is in order; :bighug:

I think you look lovely in your photos! Really happy and comfortable with yourself. And definitely not like someone who doesn't exercise. If i saw you I would definitely not believe you wanted to lose weight. But I also know its the thoughts and perceptions we have about ourselves that make us feel uncomfortable with our bodies rather than those of other people so I understand us saying this isn't some miraculous cure. I think its very brave to have been honest about everyhting you have been through. And even braver to have battled through it all to where you are now. You must be a pretty incredible and strong person to have got to where you are now.

I think the ephiphany you describe sounds really sensible. What we weigh really isn't the be all and end all and I think being happy day to day and not stressing ourselves out with how many points half an avocado is is probably just as unhealthy for us! If you think exercise is the answer to the things you would like to change then that's great. I never thought I would be the sort of person that exercised regularly let alone enjoyed it and went to the gym before work but it makes me feel great these days and most of the time I really look forward to it. I think they key really is finding something you enjoy and don't dread so that you can incorporate into your day and not think of it as a chore. Is there anything you enjoy at the moment? Or any specific things you had in mind?

Sorry I've not been about...been on holiday and my head's been all over the place. My new plan is to have a carb based dinner only twice a week. The rest of the time, my evening meal will just contain protein and veg/beans but no rice, pasta, couscous or potatoes. Only twice a week. It's not WW or SF but I thought I'd document it here anyway.

My start weight is 10st 12lbs. Yuck.

B: 2 poached eggs on 1 slice toast with bit of spread and ketchup. 1 apple. Tea.
L: Soup with beans and pasta (fresh one I bought from Tesco). 1 ww petit pain. Tinned fruit and yogurt.
D: Quorn fillets in home-made tomato sauce with broccoli, carrots, green beans and cabbage.
S: Melon and 1 ww yogurt.

Welcome back Claire! I've had 16 days off plan and Wi today at 10.13 I was 10.6 3/4 2 wks ago so I no what it's like!

Thanks Becks and Sarah :) You'll get back on it Sarah, don't worry!

Today:

B: 1 slice wholemeal toast with spread, 2 poached eggs and small bit ketchup. Tea.
L: Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, peppers and black olives. Small ball of mozarella. Balsamic dressing. 1 slice wholemeal bread with spread. Tinned pears.
D: Roasted salmon fillet with lemon and garlic, broccoli, green beans, carrots and cabbage.
Snack: 1 apple, 1 ww yogurt.

claireyfairey said:
Thanks Becks and Sarah :) You'll get back on it Sarah, don't worry!

Today:

B: 1 slice wholemeal toast with spread, 2 poached eggs and small bit ketchup. Tea.
L: Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, peppers and black olives. Small ball of mozarella. Balsamic dressing. 1 slice wholemeal bread with spread. Tinned pears.
D: Roasted salmon fillet with lemon and garlic, broccoli, green beans, carrots and cabbage.
Snack: 1 apple, 1 ww yogurt.

Nice tasty day there! Very healthy!

Looks like you are right back on track well done! X

Hey Claire, nice to have you back :)

Did you go anywhere nice on holiday? I hope it was a bit better than the last one and didn't include all getting a stomach bug and being asked to leave!

Food is looking very good and healthy so far. How are you feeling about it at the moment? I think there's is something in the upping protein and limiting carbohyrate approach with weight loss, I think that may well be why I have finally started to have some losses again. I also think not having rice/ potatoes or pasta or anything or some of the week gets you in the right mindset because it makes you feel more virtuous somehow about what you are eating. Or it does for me anyway.

Don't forget to inlcude the odd treat though, you don't want to be too strict with yourself.

You were talking before about trying to incorporate more exercise? How is that going?

Hi all :)

I went to Great Yarmouth for 5 days with my mum, dad, brother, niece and my daughter :) Sadly my partner couldn't get the time off work so it was just me and the littlun - I have so much respect for single mummies now!

Atomic, I feel good about what I'm eating at the moment. I'm trying not to stress. I'm not on a strict diet or anything, but I'm hoping limiting my carbs will help naturally drop my calories. I haven't begun exercising yet. I really must. I really suck with motivation :( I'm trying to "be" active though. I've just cleaned all the walls and dusted all the hallway, just stopping for lunch, and the hoover is coming out next! Then the bathroom and kitchen need a good scrubbing! I'm burning those calories today.

I haven't been perfect. On Tuesday I finished the evening with half a bottle of red wine (shared with my other half) and had a really small slice of my neighbour's wedding cake. And yesterday, I had 3 squares of galaxy chocolate at my friend's house...however, I had been swimming with my daughter yesterday so figured a tiny bit wouldn't hurt. I stopped at 3 but could have eaten way more.

Yesterday looked like this:

B: Scrambled eggs (with skimmed milk and small knob of lurpak light) and baked beans. Tea.
L: 1 ww petit pain with small bit spread. 3/4 tin of lentil and veg soup. Tinned pineapple and 1 ww yogurt.
D: Quorn chili with brown rice and tonnes of veg.
S: 3 squares galaxy.

Today is looking like this:

B: Bowl of sultana bran with sweetener. Tea.
L: Tin of chicken soup, 1 ww petit pain with small bit of spread. Small side salad. Tinned pears and ww yogurt.
D: HM Lentil and vegetable curry.
S: Apple, melon and strawberries.

So no counting or anything, but consciously trying not to eat junk :)

Looks like ur doing great! Everything within moderation or a little bit of what u fancy! As they say

Food looking really good and it sounds like you are being really sensible and in control about your food choices. Its lovely to see/ hear you being so much more positive about things :)

Hello, sorry I've been quiet - had a wedding this weekend and my first Ann Summers party so have been very busy!

I've pretty much stuck to my plan, although the weekend was a write off it wasn't totally awful :) I didn't eat much at the wedding...was too busy dancing, chatting and sipping rose so I'm sure I didn't do too much damage! We had lunch in Prezzo on sunday, followed by a roast chicken dinner so that wasn't so great....However, I am 1lb down! Gone from 10st12lbs to 10st11lbs :) So will keep going. My dad and bro are also trying to lose weight, so we are having a challenge to see who can lose half a stone first! :)

Yesterday looked like this:

B: 2 poached eggs on 1 slice wholemeal toast, small scrape lurpak light and dollop of ketchup. Tea.
L: Tin chicken soup, 1 part bake roll with a smear of philadelphia. 1 ww yogurt and tinned pears.
D: 3 quorn fillets with mashed swede and butternut squash, broccoli and cauliflower. Gravy.

Today is like this:

B: 1 slice wholemeal toast with crunchy peanut butter. 1 apple and 1 ww toffee yogurt.
L: Tuna with light mayo salad. Small serving couscous. Tinned pineapple.
D: Garlic chicken (one of those maggi bag things) with roasted swede and BNS. Carrots and peas.

Tomorrow is my carb meal day, plus I am visiting a friend in the evening so will have a glass of wine or two :)

Hey, glad all is going well. And well done on your 1 lb loss. With meals out and wedding at the weekend that's really good going. Food looks really nice and healthy but glad to hear you are treating yourself to the odd glass of wine too ;)

How are you finding the no carbs day? I think its definitely the sensible plan to have a few meals with carbs in during the week or else I know the temptation would get the better of me.

Thanks Atomic :) I'm finding the no carbs in the evening really easy actually. I think it's because this time I'm really determined to lose this weight for good. It's hard to overeat on vegetables, so because my portions are still large I'm not feeling too different on it. I'm waking up in the morning with genuine hunger which I haven't felt for a long time, which might sound odd but it's a good sign for me that I'm actually cutting back.

I got on the scales this morning again (I know, I need to get rid of this excessive weighing) but I was 10st 9.5lbs! That's the lowest I've been in months :) I'm confident if I can keep this up then I'll be well on my way to being slimmer for the start of uni :)

Yesterday went a little off plan; I had 3 carlsberg cans with my friend in the sunshine, and ate 2 new potatoes and half a buttered finger roll at my mum's house! So today is another no carb in the evening day for me :) I'm also going swimming again, so that should help counterract the wine this evening I will no doubt drink!

Today:

B: 1 slice wholemeal toast with PB. 1 ww yogurt and 1 apple. Tea.
L: 1 slice wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs, spread and ketchup. Tinned pineapple and 1 ww yogurt.
D: Lentil curry with some extra cauliflower.
Wine....and probs a packet of crisps!

Still happy though :)

It doing really well at the moment! Well done on getting to 10.9

Well done on the lowest weight! X

Back