My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Done with food today; shake, bar, spag bol and a pepper sliced and eaten raw. Bit early but I was hungry tonight :). Managed to cut out the low cal/carb meal today but still needed a few veggies.

Scales are moving in the right direction again :). Down to 13st 11.2lbs this am so that's a 1lb loss so far which I'm ok with after Friday's excesses. WI tomorrow.

13st 9.6lbs at WI this am making a 2.6lb loss this week which is as good as I've done in the last 3 weeks and I had my mega Xmas do this week :confused:. Still, I'm not complaining. I've got until Xmas Eve to make my Xmas target which was to lose 4 stone in total. I didn't think I'd make it but with 3.6lbs to go maybe I'll just scrape in. Just got to keep my head focused as I've found it hard since I had my Xmas do. I'm ok during the day but struggling a bit in the evening.

Yay well done! Hopefully that will give u the motivation now to not stray this week! It's still a while til Xmas! Look at what you've achieved and that's evidence that you certainly can focus this week and be proud whether you meet the Xmas target or not.

Maybe the night out gave your metabolism a boost!? Ive got work outing Friday n I don't even wanna go right now as It won't be very good anyway n not worth it! And have two other outings sat n Sunday which should be good. I am actually terrified these 3 nights will make me gain n get down n respark the eating seeing as Xmas is not far. But you getting back on track after your night Is inspiring - I just wonder would I be able to after 3 in a row!? Third one is no alcohol mind so might jus go back on plan n not eat there! X

Yeah Lara, funnily enough I thought that about the metabolism effect too. I seem to start off a VLCD ok but then everything slows down significantly and I end up with losing a couple of pounds a week which isn't much when you've still got quite a bit to lose. Still, with having lost a reasonable amount this week I am now spurred on and aiming for that 3.6lbs that will take me to 4 stone for Xmas. It's more of a 'sense of achievement' goal than anything as I've set myself a target of not being more than 13st 13lbs when I start back after Xmas so no matter how much I lose before Xmas that's still my target for after. But it will be nice to say that I've managed 4 stone. It also gets those pesky 'pounds to lose' in the 20s too, and my weight will be in the 180s so all sorts of milestones there :). After Xmas I'm going to start a new thread called something like 'post Xmas journey to goal' or something similar as with (I hope) 2.5 stone to lose I should then be on the home straight. I'm hoping to reach goal in about 12 weeks post Xmas but much will depend on my commitment and my metabolism so we shall see.

I definitely find it harder to restart after a break when I've had real food. It wasn't a question of it being difficult to get back into ketosis and back on track initially even though the first couple of days coincided with TOTM and I always struggle with hunger then, it was more a case of my head saying that I wanted food, even though I wasn't particularly hungry. Does that make sense? I wish I was one of those people who just ate to live but I really do like the taste of food. I guess going forward I just need to ensure that a small portion of something nice does the job just as well as getting stuffed and bloated on it. My stomach has definintely shrunk. After a few nuts, the sugar free jelly, the tiniest piece of white fish you can imagine (like 80g) and few spoonfuls of veg I felt stuffed. Even with the nuts I was still under 800 calories yesterday so not that bad in the great scheme of things I suppose.

Totally makes sense to me what you said about getting around the head thinking it needs more food! It's like we know how great this diet is so may as well have a day off then go back on properly and the plan will work it's magic again - but it's a slippery road. I think planning is the way forward and setting goals out in the way that you do is also great... Will look forward to see your progress continue into 2012! X

Finding it hard in the run up to Xmas so I'm having 2 packs and a low cal / carb meal in the evening with S&S allowed veggies and about 100g protein (fish, prawns or chicken). It's a very small portion but it tastes lush and I find it filling :). Previously I could have eaten 3 times that amount with wine and still snacked in the evening. I STS yesterday and was down 0.4lbs this am so not expecting a big loss this week but it's all in the right direction. 8 days to go until my break and 3.2lbs to get to my Xmas target of 4 stone. Just trying to get as close as I can given that I'm finding it a bit of a struggle at the mo.

Down another 0.6lbs this am making -1lb this week so far. 7 days to go until my Xmas break, 2.6lbs to go - gonna be close!

Trying to decide what I'm doing over Xmas. I'm going off plan in the evening on Xmas Eve with lamb :), then Xmas day and Boxing Day will be the usual Xmas food days but hopefully I won't eat too much as I get full much more quickly at the moment. Then I'm not sure what I'll do between Boxing Day and New Years Eve (my birthday!). Might try to do a few food packs and I've also ordered a few Nutrisaveurs meals (lowish carb and around 250 calories) so I hope to have some of these and some protein / low carb veg meals to limit the damage. I should be back on plan properly when I return to work on 4th Jan and I want to be under 195lbs (so I have 4.4lbs to play with currently). Really don't want to undo all the effort I put in to get to where I am.

Hey you are gettin very close to your Xmas goal! :)

I find that I big up and plan these big days off yesterday and today and over Xmas and new year but in reality when they come, like u said I don't wanna undo the hard work, and end up not having much. So hopefully same happens to you :)

Yesterday I stayed on plan at work drinks - I sat through meal and said I wasn't hungry as had a upset tummy (which was a lie!) and I had 2 double vodka and diet cokes spread over 6 hours and I feel I'm still in ketosis today. I didn't fancy eating or drinking but got a bit of a buzz from the drinks still! When I got home I had broccoli and the spag bol meal at 1.30am - despite having loads of chocolate in the house it's all I wanted! Tonight I might do the same again :)

Well done you Lara! I bet you're still in ketosis if you only had a couple of vodkas. I hope I don't go too mad and keep in the back of my mind that I want to start the new year with just over 2 stone to lose, not 3! The weight loss can get a bit addictive as you see the pounds fall off so it's a bit scary going off plan to be honest! Need to work out what I'm going to do to get to goal too. I'm going to try to start off completely on plan with 3 packs and veggies 3 - 4 times a week but once I get to a stone to go I don't know if I should step up and start to refeed at that point or wait until I get closer to goal. Ill need to play it by ear I guess. Much will depend on how easy I find it to get back on track after Xmas.

and yes the loss can get addictive!
I'd say if you are anything like me, and I get the sense that you are as you said you also fear going off plan - then while still trying to lose I'd do as many days on plan as possible, then you have plenty of time to plan the refeed when you are near goal, but wont go too far off course over xmas :) I know wewont be in ketosis if we have a day off and go back to plan and repeat, but i think having a plan to jump back to is for the best right now - as no plan can lead to lots of little food and drink additions in days where theres no need to be off plan... which lead to lots of big additions...which leads to a lot more work to get to goal next year! At least we can all keep in touch while we go through the festivities! x

Down another 0.2lb this am. Now 13st 8.4lbs. 2.4lbs short of Xmas target, 6 days to go.

Good news: I can feel more bones :). My hip bones are more prominent and so are my ribs.

Bad news: my hair has started to come out :(. I knew that it would happen at some point as it happened to me when I did a VLCD before but it's still irritating. I know it will stop though and at least I've just been to the hairdressers so won't need to go again until it's stopped shedding hopefully.

Happy this morning! :) I lost a whole pound since yesterday and am now 13st 7.4lbs. It still amazes me how you can lose a whole pound in a day. So a couple of milestones reached. My weight is now 'in the 180s' and my weight to lose is 'in the 20s'. I now have 1.4lbs to lose in 5 days to reach my 4 stone Xmas target and I think that this is doable so am going to go for it.

Yay excellent news- brought a smile to my face! :)

Happy this morning! :) I lost a whole pound since yesterday and am now 13st 7.4lbs. It still amazes me how you can lose a whole pound in a day. So a couple of milestones reached. My weight is now 'in the 180s' and my weight to lose is 'in the 20s'. I now have 1.4lbs to lose in 5 days to reach my 4 stone Xmas target and I think that this is doable so am going to go for it.

Way to go hun!!! You're definitely my inspiration cos I've started off round about where you were and seeing someone else REALLY do this, proves to me that I can be done. It's just staying strong, like you've done, when that needle on the scales won't budge.
Now I can't wait to jump on the scales tomorrow morning!
I just hope I'll be able to "sneak my way" at tonight's work party x

wow Well done , not sure how you are doing it, really is hard this time of year isnt it

I think ill be re joining you in Jan with my tail firmly between my legs :D

Amazing BordersGirl! I think you weighed a bit more than me when I tried Slim and Save, a few weeks later I'm still the same (conscious decision with the hope of losing a lb or 2) but look how far you've come! I agree with you being an inspiration! I'm hoping I can have the success you've had in the New Year. I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time :p

Last edited:
STS this am which wasn't unexpected after a 1lb loss the day before BUT we had an inpromptu Xmas do at work and I ate (didn't mean to but I did!). I did keep to non carby things, pastrami, turkey and a bit of cheese but I'm still annoyed at myself for eating as I really didn't have to. Not hungry tonight tho so I'm not having anything else. WI tomorrow! If I STS as 2 days ago I'll be ok with that I think.

Back