My progress from restarting through to Xmas

OFGS just went to drop off one off my mindees to his granny and shes been on a baking mission all day and handed me an arm full of home made cakes , I am seriously not meant to lose any weight this month

it is definitely the hardest month to diet , everyone is stuffing their faces already and its still ages away, Im glad I decided this would be a maintenance month otherwise i would be well and truly screwed

Looooooooool....sabotage!!!! With only two weeks of the term left here, my students have started leaving for their Christmas break. I have several boxes of patchi chocolate now which I have accepted with a smile, while groaning inwardly.

And those boxes, stored on the top shelf in my kitchen (where I cannot reach without the trouble of borrowing my neighbour's ladder) have started to slip into my dreams.....

Managing to resist all of the cake / choc fest at work so far. Helped I'm sure by my friend who is on LL. We keep each other straight.

WI this am and I was 13st 12.2lbs so down 2lbs this week which is 'ok'. I was hoping for more but hey ho, a loss is a loss.

6.2lbs to lose to reach Xmas goal seems optimistic but it's not over until the fat lady sings and I'm not singing yet! :D

Last edited:
It must feel fab being only 80% of the person you were back in the summer :)
Ketosis cold sucks, I'm going into hibernation! x

Ive told my family that under no circumstances must they buy me chocolates for xmas , i usually get a huge box of thorntons

But i have a feeling all my littel munchkins' parents will be giving me chocolate and wine , I suppose I could save them for my weekend away at New Year and share them with friends , I will look so generous:D

Having a bit of a slow week. Only lost 0.2lbs so far (2 days in) but given that I haven't been 100% it's to be expected. Doesn't leave much scope to for Xmas excess if I want to restart at 13st 13lbs after Xmas (I'm just 1lb lighter than that at the mo). I did reach the big 50 this am tho, as in 50lbs total loss and that feels quite good.

Wow , focus on what you have achieved so far , thats amazing and dont worry too much about what you had planned to achieve this month

I think many of us are struggling and January and February are going to be awesome as we all get back on it and egg each other on , thats the plan anyway:D

Fantastic! That's more than 3.5st, you should be very proud :D

Office Xmas party yesterday and today I feel like death :9529:. My resolve not to drink too much went out of the window and I hit the wine and never stopped. It's definitely hit me harder than it would have before. I got very drunk much more quickly.

I had a bowl of porridge and a banana to carb up a bit before I went out.

Meal was nice I had crayfish with rocket salad for a starter, turkey and all the bits for main (didn't have too many spuds tho, just ate more veggies). I was actually full before I finished the main course actually but old habits die hard and I still had the choc torte for dessert!

I'm now nursing the hangover from hell and the only good thing about that is that the thought of food makes me want to vomit. Given that I'm not hungry I'm going to try to get back on track today. Need to sleep .....

The scales still read the same as yesterday - 13st 12lbs so it doesn't look as if I did that much damage to be honest.

Ooh bless you, hope the scales don't catch up with you x

Scales caught up with me just a little this am. Up 0.4lb and I'm not sure whether that's all to do with the Xmas night out or whether it's also because TOTM has hit with a vengeance and I feel bloated and fat. Back on the shakes today and hope to get down below where I was last week before Wednesday's WI.

I fancied trying some hot shakes so someone on here recommended buying a cheap Asda hand blender and I tried it this am. I had a vanilla shake with a spoonful of coffee and it was quite nice BUT I put the mixture in a bowl and when I switched it on half it it shot over the worktop! I'm not very domesticated :). So how do people mix these things up without wearing half of the contents of the bowl? Mine was like a tsunami!

Sounds like you got away with it :D, its a very small gain , Im not domesticated either , although I did buy gelatine the other day so hoping to get on the mousses in Jan

I shake my shakes on a bottle so id probably shake half up with cold water then transfer to mug and add boiling water , it wouldnt be very hot though

maybe you could make the shake then microwave ?

The mousse thing is much easier than using the blender :). I had this vision of it all going so smoothly and the shake whisking up into a lovely frothy latte. Might have known that I wasn't capable of anything kitchen related going smoothly. Still not as good as my friend who sits opposite me who is on Lighterlife. On Friday she shook her strawberry shake at her desk and the lid wasn't on properly and the whole lot shot across her desk onto her laptop, phone, paperwork, you name it, everywhere! She was due to chair a teleconference meeting so she had to dial into that while I rushed to the loos to get paper towels to mop it all up :).

I tried the hot shakes in the shaker and it blew the lid off at work so didn't try that again! It might work with mixing up with a bit of cold first and then topping up with hot. I feel like I have to give the blender another go though having bought it, although it was only just over 4 squids so not the end of the world.

Usually I put the shake mix into a big bowl, add a little bit of water to make like a paste. Then add hot water and use the blender but just make sure the whisks are under the water at all times and hopefully you wont get a tsunami. And then I transfer to another bowl or cup afterwards and any little lumps get left in the big bowl :) xxx

How much water do you guys use? I used 400ml and a bowl that was probably twice as big as the amount of liquid. The measuring jug was in the dishwasher otherwise I would probably use that. Maybe I'll add less liquid next time I try and add the rest afterwards. Flippin eck, I can't believe I can't even use a hand blender! :eek:

I use an upright blender with a tiny bit of water and about 8 ice cubes n i eat in a bowl like ice cream. I also bought a cheap asda blender n did the same! I returned it straight after!

I have a small blender so i put cold water in first and then the pack. Blend for about 1o-15 seconds. If it's soup, I pour into a bowl and microwave to hot.

Up to 13st 13.2lbs this am and I'm not 100% sure why as I had 2 packs, a low cal/carb meal of chicken and allowed veggies, plus a bit of cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes :eek: (cos TOTM always makes me feel crap and hungry). I'm not going to read too much into it as it's TOTM so hopefully if I can stay relatively on track the next couple of days I will lose the pound I've put on this week by WI on Wed. Worst case it comes off next week and I pretty much maintain over Xmas.

Up to 13st 13.2lbs this am and I'm not 100% sure why as I had 2 packs, a low cal/carb meal of chicken and allowed veggies, plus a bit of cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes :eek: (cos TOTM always makes me feel crap and hungry). I'm not going to read too much into it as it's TOTM so hopefully if I can stay relatively on track the next couple of days I will lose the pound I've put on this week by WI on Wed. Worst case it comes off next week and I pretty much maintain over Xmas.

It's probably TOTM Borders. I am a daily weigher (shhhhhhhh.....:)) but this week - cos it's TOTM for me too, I've placed the scales in an inconvenient place so that I can't weigh myself easily.
I'm too weak at the moment...

Back