My progress from restarting through to Xmas

So having managed to 'go' this am after taking a couple of Dulcolax last night I've weighed in at 14st 0.2lbs, a 2.2lb loss this week. Not great, but not disastrous either. I'm now within touching distance of being in the 13s and once I'm there I'm sure my Christmas goal of losing 4 stone will seem nearer too. 1 more week of normality then the Xmas stuff starts. My work do is on the Fri of the following week and I'm coming out of ketosis for that. So 8lbs is going to be quite challenging in 3 weeks. We shall see.

Well done. 2lbs is still a great loss in my books :D

My happiness seems to be dependent on the number. Less than 1lb = unhappy :cry:, less than 2lbs = pissed off :mad:, over 2lbs = 'ok' :rolleyes:, over 3lbs = happy :), over 4lbs = ecstatic :bliss:

Last edited:
In the 13s this am! Down 0.6lbs to 13st 13.6lbs. 7.6lbs to go to reach Xmas goal.

Lost 0.2lbs each day for the last 2 days. Not much but better than nothing and it makes a total of 1lb this week so far (4 day till WI). Not looking like a fantastic week but I need between 2.5 and 3lbs per week to meet my 4 stone Xmas goal. Now sitting at 13st 13.2lbs so 7.2lbs to go to lose 4 stone. Just had a chocolate shake and lots of black tea. Bar for lunch, beach walk with the dogs this afternoon and then home for spag bol and Strictly. Might even push the boat out and have a little broccoli with it. What a life I lead ;)

I'm confident you'll do that! Your Saturday sounds lovely, enjoy! x

Spag bol. Still just as nice almost 4 months into this diet :)

Went slightly off plan this evening. Had the veggies (shallots, peppers, mushrooms) but was craving stir fry so I fried them in a bit of olive oil (only a touch) with some chilli power, paprika and black pepper. Tasted great but not not quite what I intended :eek:. So if I've put on tomorrow I'll only have myself to blame. Was nice though! :)

I'm not sure how many calories the oil adds but I could easily have that as an evening meal post diet with some prawns or maybe some chicken.

Went slightly off plan this evening. Had the veggies (shallots, peppers, mushrooms) but was craving stir fry so I fried them in a bit of olive oil (only a touch) with some chilli power, paprika and black pepper. Tasted great but not not quite what I intended :eek:. So if I've put on tomorrow I'll only have myself to blame. Was nice though! :)

I'm not sure how many calories the oil adds but I could easily have that as an evening meal post diet with some prawns or maybe some chicken.

During the week when I add a meal, I have a stir fry almost everyday with 1 tbspn of canola oil and my losses have been on track, so hopefully you should still be okay.

Well I was down 0.2lbs this am making 195lbs exactly and I've now lost 20% of my body weight :). 35lbs to go!

We've had a bit of snow here and it was cold this am so I tried on a jumper that I bought a month ago and was too small. It fits perfectly :). I've got one pair of work trousers that fit perfectly, several that I'm about half a stone away from wearing comfortably, and quite a few that are really a bit too loose to wear now. I'm loathe to buy anymore as I have so many just too small pairs so I'll just have to keep hitching the too loose ones up :)

Last edited:
My resolve wasn't that good - I had stir fry veg yesterday and a 4th pack today! Was bloody freezing for some reason and mid afternoon I decided I needed soup. Could have been worse I guess :)

Well the stir fry came back to haunt me and I gained 0.6lbs this am :(. WI tomorrow.

My resolve wasn't that good - I had stir fry veg yesterday and a 4th pack today! Was bloody freezing for some reason and mid afternoon I decided I needed soup. Could have been worse I guess :)

Must be something in the water that's got all of us tripping up! Or maybe the Christmas buzz is catching and it's that bit harder.
I've just logged onto here to distract myself. I'm really cold(although no one else seems to be feeling it) and I am starving. My stomach rumbled so loudly this morning that it had my students giggling. :eek:

But I don't want to eat yet as I may get into trouble later on so some black coffee and half an hour on here may just do the trick.

Like you I'm only having 3 packs but I have also been having that poached egg nightly which has dealt with that late night peckish feeling.

OFGS just went to drop off one off my mindees to his granny and shes been on a baking mission all day and handed me an arm full of home made cakes , I am seriously not meant to lose any weight this month

it is definitely the hardest month to diet , everyone is stuffing their faces already and its still ages away, Im glad I decided this would be a maintenance month otherwise i would be well and truly screwed

Back