My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Thanks Midnight-Sparkles, I'm trying to keep the faith but it's hard when you don't lose hardly anything. I keep thinking I could do this amount on WW or SW!

Last edited:
Right lets get a grip ha ha

like sparkle said , its impossible not to lose weight on 500 calorie a day , it would defy biology and chemistry and all sorts of other sciences

Im sure you are burning fat but for some reason retaining water for a few days .....so try to keep perspective , (says she who is panicking about things that havnt even happend yet :wave_cry:)

Thanks Midnight-Spakles, I'm trying to keep the faith but it's hard when you don't lose hardly anything. I keep thinking I could do this amount on WW or SW!

Tell me about it lol. I've attempted 5 (yes 5) VLCD and this one time I was doing cambridge Diet weeks 1 - 3 I lost 4lbs each week without fail and then weeks 3-6 the scales didn't move. I was gutted and ended up quitting due to frustration and lack of motivation. The stupid thing about it was I know I was probably losing weight and that I was due for a big loss but instead of waiting for it I jumped ship and convinced myself I could do it with slimming world. But it never panned out and I just went back to binge eating until I was ready for another VLCD. I am a very slow loser as you can see from my stats below and lack of motivation due to not seeing the scales moving is the main reason I quit them every time. But this time is different. I told myself I would stick with it no matter what. And see what happens. :D

Midnight-Sparkles, the same pattern seems to be happening to me. My losses are ok weeks 1-3 and then from week 4 I go on a go slow. I've included my whole signature in this post so you can see my weekly losses. I had a short planned break for a holiday in week 7 (completely out of ketosis, alcohol, the works :)) and then went back on the diet in week 8. I then had pretty good losses for the first 3 weeks since restarting and then week 4 onwards back on strike. I will sit it out as I know I must lose some decent weight at some point!!

So I've been 100% today, shake, lunchtime bar (yes I know I said I'd cut them out for a bit but I needed to 'comfort eat' ;) and thought why have a shake or soup when a bar will make everything seem better :)) and I've just had the porridge (made with water) for evening meal as I fancied something different from the usual suspects.

I've never done the measurements thing. My weight was enough to cause me to have a heart attack without putting myself through measuring all my wobbly bits :). I don't think I've lost inches tho as surely I'd see it in the way my clothes fit and I haven't noticed things getting looser recently. Sounds funny but since I started the diet the things that feel thinner are my fingers. They feel bony now :)

You are doing really well. Seeing you keep going has helped me focus on getting ack on my VLCD, so thank you :)

Wow BordersGirl, your overall weight loss is fantastic 36lbs in 12 weeks. It just shows that all those odd 1lbs and 2lbs all add up in the end. Seeing your losses has actually motivated me. It proves what I said in my earlier post, that if I had held out a bit longer I might have had a big loss like you did in your weeks 8 & 9. Maybe that small planned break helped boost your metabolism. :)

Last edited:
Ok, so the scales have dropped a bit this am and I'm 0.8lbs less than last Wednesday's WI. 4 days to go until WI so hope I can lose a bit more between now and then. If I wasn't breaking for my work Xmas party I think I'd be tempted to break for a week as I do think it kickstarted my metabolism before but because I have a break coming up soon anyway I will just keep on going for now.

I wonder in VLCD can work like low carb does with the cheat to eat diet. You have one day a weel where you eat carbs and then carb back down after. I am not sure I would want to try to get back into ketosis weekly though.

Glad the scales are still moving for you chick x

Another 0.6lb off this am so -1.4lbs so far this week. I've now lost 37 pounds in total and that equates to almost 17kg. My dogs' food is delivered in 15kg sacks that are quite heavy so to think that I was carrying that and more around just under 3 months ago. I've also lost over 15% of my starting body weight. So if I look at the bigger picture maybe my slow losses won't get to me so much.

Gonna be a hard week as I've got the week off work. I always find it easier during the week with my work routine. It's less easy at weekends when there is more temptation and my calorie intake is usually a bit higher at weekends. Every day this week is going to feel like the weekend! :)

That is defo an achievement! You are doing so well :)

good luck on your week off and well done on your losses

could you go to some zumba classes or something this week ,, they are really fun and I just dip in and out of them when i find the time , theres no committment to turn up

it would counteract any extra calories that accidently fall into your mouth

There just isn't anything like that round here. I live in the sticks with a post office come shop in the village and that's pretty much it! lol. I will be walking the dogs on the beach most days so should get a bit more exercise that way. I'm vaguely thinking of joining the Zumba class at the gym at work when I get more towards my goal. Too embarrassed to strip off in front of work colleagues the size I am at the moment.

I have Zumba on my Wii console, and that is really good! Reminded me to start doing it again lol...Just Dance games are really good too x

Today so far has been Porridge made with water, choc truffa bar and a 2 hour walk on the beach. Just got back and am having a cup of skinny latte (49 calories and calories/carbs saved from making the porridge with water not milk). To be followed by spag bol and some veggies later tonight.

Thanks for the link. I am absolutely amazed to find that there is a Sat Zumba class just 3 miles from me at a caravan site by the sea and another one of an evening near the station where I travel back to during the week (but that's Zumbatomic)! If I pluck up the courage I might give it a go at some point. What's the difference between Zumba and Zumbatomic? Bear in mind you're talking to someone who doesn't really know what Zumba is either! :)

Think a good sports bra might be in order. Not much choice of sports bras in my size. I've got an Enell and a Shock Absorber from when I slimmed down before (unfortunately I never dropped a cup size and remained as an F cup). I don't think I'd get into those just yet. Has anyone biggish tried the Genie bra that's been in the press quite a bit lately? Is it any good for jiggling around in? :)

zumba is just latin dancing , unlike aerobics its not so jumpy up and down so its kinder on my 40 DDs lol

Im really glad you found there are classes near you , its taken off in a massive way so i thought thee might be , you will have a great time if you go , its really about having fun and it doesnt feel like excercise becasue even when you are knackered you want to keep going

Back