My progress from restarting through to Xmas

What has our lives come to??? Lol. I have a little bit of sf jelly as my treat and love it :)

Well done Borders!!! You are doing really well!

I usually make my shakes up with 400ml of water which is more than they say, and then add psyllium husks to thicken them up a bit. How do you measure out half the powder? Just by guessing?

Wow well done on your loss it's great to read this! Keep it up x x

How do you all manage at work? I have to have a bar 5 days a week while at work as there's no way I could make a shake without everyone seeing what I was doing and I don't want anyone to know! So just quietly sneak my bar!

Oh, I don't care if people know. Everyone at work who is interested knows that my friend is on LL and I'm on this. If I really didn't want people to know that I was on a VLCD I think I'd say that I was doing Celebrity Slim or one of the diets that involves a meal. Or you could just say it's a protein shake. Mostly people don't care after the initial curiosity.

WI this am - down to 14 stone 8.6lbs making -3.4lbs this week. Happy with that! :). Now just 2.8lbs off my next goal of 3 stones off. With a good trailing wind I hope to make that this week.

Well done , thats great news , im sure you will be there in a few days now
my scales finally moved this morning 0.8, better than nothing :)

Yea true I shouldn't care but I feel embarrassed! Sticking to bars at work I think hehe x

Lara, I remember being at work at a working lunch and while everyone was scoffing sandwiches I'm munching on a bar. Those that didn't know I was on this diet must have thought "how unhealthy is she having a choc bar for lunch"! :D

BordersGirl said:
Lara, I remember being at work at a working lunch and while everyone was scoffing sandwiches I'm munching on a bar. Those that didn't know I was on this diet must have thought "how unhealthy is she having a choc bar for lunch"! :D

Ha ha! That's true I always think people must just think I'm eating a chocolate bar!! Jus had mine n was lovely! X

Down to 14st 7.2 this morning so 1.4lbs less than yesterday's WI! Looks like it could turn out to be a good week :). 1.2lbs to go before I hit my goal of losing 3 stone. I've also hit the big 4 0 in terms of weight loss. Funny how those little scale movements set you up for a good day :p

awesome well done Bordersgirl, me still the same but have "realised" i have not been "going " for 10 days if you get my drift and its really getting quite uncomfortable ....waiting for the senna to work , im also considering using meals only for a couple of days to try to up my fibre intake , going to check nutritional info now

what are you doing for xmas , are you going to take a break and if so how long?

Well I 'went' between yesterday's WI and this morning and every time that happens I drop a bit in weight. :eek: 10 days is not good! I worry if it's been longer than a week but without the senna I would be going less than that I'm sure, and even then it kills me to go. And I don't have any problems when not on this sort of diet. When I did a VLCD last time one of the reasons I stopped was that I couldn't handle the constipation that accompanied it. What I'd give to be one of those people who have the opposite problem on this diet!! Downside of having a cast iron stomach I guess :)

I usually take a few senna tablets 3 days after I've last been (I take 3 or 4 as 1 does absolutely nothing for me) and then I take them every couple of days until I go. I know you're not supposed to but for me it's better than feeling crap and (literally) storing up trouble for myself. When I was having the veg I managed to go about every 4-5 days but without the veg it's more like 7 days, and that's with the senna. Now that's the scales are finally moving I'm considering reintroducing the veg at weekends as I did enjoy it (just need to chuck all the dead salad away that's in the fridge as I haven't been eating it :)).

I've also been taking Dulcoease twice a day as that's supposed to make things easier by all accounts (although it's still not particularly easy) so I don't know if they work or whether it would be even worse without them :eek: so I'm scared to stop! In the past when I was on a VLCD I tried Dulcolax (once!) but with only 1 it made me have terrible stomach cramps and although it worked I wasn't going to go through that again so haven't tried it since. Some people find them very effective though.

My Christmas plan is to break for my office Xmas meal on 9th Dec. I was going to break for Xmas then but it's so early I feel it's just too long to have a break. Get back in ketosis on Monday 12th and carry on through until 24th Dec when I will take a break until I return to work on 4th Jan, so not quite 2 weeks off over Xmas. I hope that this will mean that I can't put on too much (fingers crossed!) and I will be on track to lose the remaining 2 and a bit stones by Easter. That's the plan anyway!

Thankyou , I had a feeling it was you that said you had this problem before
Ive actually been now but I still feel like thats not it lolso will carry on with the senna for a couple more days then maybe take it every 3 days to try to keep things going

I have the full 200g veg allowance everyday, spinach, rocket,celery,mushroom,pepper, brocolli so I would have though this would prevent this problem , its probably more veg than i usually eat

Ive just had a look at the fibre contents and the shakes are around 2to 3 and the meals are 3 to 4.5 with cottage pie the highest i think

im going to have just meals for a couple of days , I just tried the porridge and its really delicious , so im going for 1 porridge 2 cottage pie and 1 spag bol plus veg ....no bars , no shakes to see if upping the fibre intake helps

Thanks for all the tips

Ive got a weekend away16/17 dec with friends , a santas grotto weekend with the kids so thats going to scupper my plans to stick to it til xmas ,not sure what to do over xmas and new year , i really dont want to blow it

I've also tried all the fibre things suggested - I have psyllium husks in every shake but all they seem to do is thicken the shakes up. :)

I've tried Fibreclear (basically maltodextrin) Lipotrim's answer to the problem, and because I was struggling to go I thought I'd up the suggested daily dose of that. All that did was make me have chronic stomach pains and my stomach swelled up like a balloon like it was full of air that couldn't escape. Luckily it went away overnight but it certainly didn't have the desired affect. I always return to the trusty senna in the end.

Xmas is always difficult. When I did the VLCD diet before I had a break over Xmas (although I was refeeding by then trying to lose my last couple of stone to goal) I had intended to return to it straight after Xmas but I was in Xmas mode until at least February and then struggled to get going again. I'm hoping that this time with the extra variety of mealpacks it will be easier.

I've just had a very motivational conversation with the OH who said to me he doesn't know why I'm bothering as I'll just pile it all back on again like last time. Very supportive! :mad: Geez, men!

BordersGirl said:
I've just had a very motivational conversation with the OH who said to me he doesn't know why I'm bothering as I'll just pile it all back on again like last time. Very supportive! :mad: Geez, men!

My brother said same thing! Gotta prove em wrong n do this for ourselves! My bf hates me never eating wit him n thinks I'm mad!! Keep ur head up x

I got a very non plus comment from my 20 yr old son last time i saw him
"well lets hope you stick to it this time (rolling his eyes )

at the time it really upset me but i have had time to think about it and i dont think he meant it to be cruel or unsupportive , he actually apologised pretty much straight after and said he thought it might motivate me !! I can see where he is coming from , i suppose he has seeen me on and off diets all his life and in the end ive just got 20 years older and 4 stone heavier so maybe he cant imagine me losing it all

as for your husband , men do tend to say things without thinking how it might hurt you , just tell him that its a good job you are doing it for yourself and not him then

I suppose thats why we need this forum , because unless our friends or family members are in the same boat they dont really know how to be supportive

phoenix2010 said:
I suppose thats why we need this forum , because unless our friends or family members are in the same boat they dont really know how to be supportive

Excellent point! And I'm glad u saw the positive side to your sons comment

Well I've had a very shitty and negative night - argued wit bf and had dead silences all evening and argued again now. Ended up with me warming up some food for him and him hating it (it was frozen food from previous week and apparently a dog wouldn't eat it but I thought it looked fine - maybe that's cos I was tucking into a small spag Bol pack!). Anyway I made a mistake in not realising how soggy food would be when you defrost but anyway this wasn't my point lol my point is I came to bed crying but it really is a nice change to feel like no I'm not gonna cry about my weight as well as I feel so much slimmer and my old size 12 jeans fit again and I looked hot in them today! So my moral of the story is - all the negativity and dramas that come in everyday life are so much nicer to face when you feel good about your appearance. Right now I feel like ending it with him cos I'm stubborn like that my brain is very all or nothing (we have been together 4 and a half years so I don't put it to action) but I think it a lot if something small goes bad and I wonder does anyone else apply that to life- it could be a common pattern in weight issues as I always was very very "good" meaning dieting and/or gym going but then a small mess up often led me to go complete opposite way and binge for a few months. I think black and white thinking may be something I and others may benefit from combating. Anyway jus a rant while I dry my silly tears! Diet is so so so worth it I'm so glad I'm doing it, officially completed 3 weeks now

keep it up guys :)

Back