My re re re re start diary 2013!!!!

nikki299

Ok this is really my last re-start!!! I started on sw back in january 2012,lost a stone and a half pretty quickly but then spent 4 months losing and regaining the same half stone over and over. Think some of my portions of the free food must have been too large.
So i switched to ww in august 2012 and lost another stone, then i went on an all inclusive holiday to Mexico and it all went wrong after that!!!
I didn't gain that much on hols but just couldn't get back into it at all so decided to wait until after xmas but still couldn't get motivated. Weighed myself yesterday and am 18 st 9lbs so i have regained nearly a stone and if i keep going i will soon regain the whole 2 stone i lost originally and if that happens i will be so angry with myself,so it's time to put the brakes on!!!
Started again yesterday on 38pp,i am an online member so log my points on there but hoping for some advice and chat on here!!

Yesterdays menu was

B -- Magic porridge and fruit - 4pp

L -- Homemade lentil soup - 3pp
Chicken salad - 2pp

D -- Grilled steak 5pp with ratatuoille 0pp and saffron rice 9pp from the Jamie oliver 15 min meals book.
Bowl of melon ad strawberries - 0pp
Muller greek ff yogurt - 2pp

Snacks whilst watching telly -- bag of velvet crunch crisps 3pp and a 10g lindt choc bunny - 2pp.

Total 30pp

Hi there,

Welcome and good luck!! I am sure you will do great!

one thing I notice right away, is that you had 30pp and not 38pp like your allowance. It is important to really try to eat those 38pp, it is what your body needs and you will still lose weight.

Wishing you the best start of your journey!

x Lostris

So far so good!!!

Today i have had

B -- Banana - 0pp

L -- Leftovers from last nights dinner - 8pp

D - Homemade lentil soup - 3pp
Harissa chicken and bulgar wheat salad 8pp from the Hairy Dieters book. Chicken was good but not sure if i'd bother with the bulgar wheat again,just felt it needed something else added to it. Was going to add a bit of chopped up feta but couldn't remember how long my feta had been lying open in the fridge so didn't chance it!! Portion of bulgar wheat was also very small,recipe was supposed to be for 4 but i ate half of it was only 4pp so no harm done there.

So only used 19pp so far will be back later to add on some goodies!!

I have now had a cadbury choc mousse,only 2pp!! and a bowl of strawberries and sliced up apple 0pp. So at 21pp now.
Just had a packet of morrisons nu me salted popped potato snacks 2pp and half of the shell of a flake easter egg 7pp. so up to 30pp.

Last edited:
Hi lostris, i know i didn't eat all my pp, very unusual for me and probably won't happen again!!! hahaha Just didn't fancy anything else yesterday, give me a few more days and i'll be moaning i don't have enough points!!!

Hi lostris, i know i didn't eat all my pp, very unusual for me and probably won't happen again!!! hahaha Just didn't fancy anything else yesterday, give me a few more days and i'll be moaning i don't have enough points!!!
Hi Nikki,

Ah, good to know. Your lentil soup sounds
lovely. I know the feeling, in the beginning I could not fill mine and now I have a hard time not eating weeklies every day haha.
x

Hiya here to follow you ! I wish I had 38 pointsi could easily use them! lolx

Hahaha, come the weekend and i'm on the wine i'll be desperate for more!!!
This is how things usually start off for me, i am super organised and plan all my meals so don't use as many pp then my enthusiasm and planning trails off and i struggle to stay within my points and give up. Will try to make an effort to keep planning meals on a Sunday,it really makes a huge difference to me.

Well i had a busy day at work i had apple pie on the menu (i am the head cook in a school) and i hate making pastry, and hate it even more when i know i can't eat the pie at the end!!! It was also fish and chips today but i was good and had my leftover bulgar wheat from last night and a small piece of cold chicken. Bulgar wheat tasted a bit better today :)

Went for a nosey round the local morrisons after work yesterday as it has been all done up and although i didn't really need anything i still spent £15. I bought some samphire which i have never eaten or cooked before so am going to give it a try tonight with pasta and a fillet of salmon. I also got a massive 900g punnet of strawberries for just £2.99, the nu me crisps which i had a pack of last night, for 2pp they were really nice and a decent amount too. Mini wagon wheels 2pp each and i think the rest was pizza and stuff for daughter.

Todays menu so far

B -- nothing too busy making apple pie for 250 :(

L -- Leftover bulgar wheat,salad and chicken - 5pp

D -- Lentil soup - 3pp
Spaghetti with samphire and salmon - 18pp, a bit high but i had some butter on my pasta and the salmon was 6pp, higher than i thought it would be.
Bowl of strawberries and apple - 0pp

Last edited:
Well done resisting the treats ;) Keep it up! I havent had samphire either, not sure they sell it in the Nehelands though..... Wll have to try and find out.

Wasn't that impressed with the samphire, it was quite expensive, £2.50ish for 2 small handfulls, and it didn't really taste of anything. I could of had a bunch of asparagus for the same price which would have been nicer.

Just going to watch Monday nights episode of Criminal Minds with a bag of Nu Me popped crisps - 2pp and a mini lindt bunny also 2pp, which takes me to 30pp again!! Can't seem to get past 30 this week!! Should of had a glass of wine with dinner,but try to avoid it during the week as often 1 glass is not enough!! lol

Hi all, hope you've all had a good day!!

Food so far today is

B -- Banana - 0pp

L -- Baked potato - 5pp with beans 4pp and salad

D -- Chicken and mushroom risotto - 11pp
Jelly,strawberries and peaches - 0pp

I know i said earlier i was having the hairy dieters sweet and sour but i changed my mind at the last minute, but i did make the sweet and sour for tomorrow nights dinner. I had a wee taste of the sauce and it's yummy, so looking forward to that and also means i won't order a takeaway now. Friday night is DANGER for me, i am usually tired from working all week and like to relax with a bottle of wine and a chinese or something, must break the habit!!!!

My monthly Good Food and Olive magazines arrived today so i am off to read those and see what recipes i can adapt to be pp friendly. Will report back on any interesting finds.

Last edited:
Todays food

B -- Banana - 0pp

L -- Baked potato with beans and salad 10pp

D -- Hairy bikers sweet and sour with boiled rice 18pp (had a big portion of rice)
Strawberries and sugar free jelly 0pp

Am trying to stay focused and organised so have just done an online shop with asda,mostly vegetables and diet juice, and have the local butcher coming with a meat pack tomorrow morning so i don't have to go out!!! Weather here is rotten just had to walk home from work in a mixture of rain and hail stones - not pleasant!!! It's still pouring down and sooooo cold, put heating on when i got in but can't get warm,will have to turn it up i think.

Have loosely planned a few meals, going to have breaded chicken with spaghetti in tomato sauce tomorrow and a roast chicken dinner on sunday. Going to try the hairy dieters chicken jalfrezi at some point next week but haven't decided on any other meals yet. Hmm looks like i'll be eating a lot of chicken!!!

Had a few treats whilst watching telly, NuMe crisps 2pp, half of an easter egg shell 3pp, cadbury mousse 2pp and 1 slice of toast 3pp,so used my full 38pp today.

Last edited:
Morning all!!! My butchers meat pack arrived at 9.30am and daughter really wanted me to make her a fry up before she goes off to her saturday job, so i ended up having one too. and it was sooo good but a LOT of points for just breakfast. Hopefully it will keep me going till dinner tonight though so i won't need any lunch,maybe just a banana or something to keep me going if i get peckish.

B -- 2 rashers bacon (fat trimmed off) 2 small sausages, 1 poached egg, 2 tomatoes and 2 slices of toast. - 15pp

I am off up town in a while for a look round poundland,iceland and home bargains to see if there are any good ww friendly bargains.Weather has picked up so decided to venture out after all.

Last edited:
Hi there,
I notice you often eat just a banana for breakfast, because you are busy? Maybe if busy, you could try making a smoothy. Very healthy and filling if you add some muesli or something like that

xxx

I love smoothies but probably wouldn't have time to make one of those either!!!!!

Just home from town got 2 ww cookbooks in Poundland but the recipes don't have the points values on them which is a bit odd as they are genuine ww books. They don't even have the full nutritional info just calories but i suppose for £1 each i can't complain!!! I will just have to point the ingredients if i want to make anything. Also got a pack of ww choc biscuits which are 2pp each.

Went back to Morrisons to get another big punnet of strawberries,then markies for some reduced fat cheddar the only one that doesn't taste low fat imo, and got some count on us caramel mousses which are 2pp each. Didn't see anything low pp i fancied in Iceland,but got daughter 2 packs of Greggs sausage rolls (drool!!) think they are 9pp so i might actually have one tomorrow, thought they'd be higher than that. Also got a pack of mini vanilla slices which i think will be 3pp for 2 but will put info into calculator later to be sure.

I have made a pasta bake with my leftover ratatouille and rigatoni for tonights tea, will top it with a little mozzarella and i think i might have a breaded chicken breast with it. Haven't used any of my weeklies yet so might have a wee glass of wine too.

Last edited:
Makes sense re breakfast. Would you be able to make a sandwich or something the night bfore? I never have time to make anything on the day either s I make my lunches and breakasts the day before and take it with me. Might help.

Enjoy your dinner and wine ;)

Probably no point in making a sandwich or anything as i probably wouldn't get time to eat it!! I don't mind just having a banana and because we have to have lunch really early at 11.30 i can usually last till then.

Oh that is a bit early for lunch yea. At what time do you have the banana? You can actually freeze most smoothies really well, you could make a big batch and freeze them in portionsize cups or something. :)
Just giving some ideas, in case you'd like to try but please dont feel obligated to!!

x

I usually eat my banana about 10am, thats usually when we have finished the bulk of the cooking and can slow down a bit!!! Never thought about freezing smoothies, might try that nest week. We've got bags of frozen rasperries and mixed forest fruits at work i could use to make them along with banana.
The kids start coming in for lunch at 12pm so we have to have lunch before that, it is a bit early and means i am usually hungry again about 3.30/4pm.

I have had my dinner and poured myself a glass of wine but poured half of it back in the bottle as i didn'y really want it, most unlike me!!!

So points for today

L -- After cooked breakfast only had a pack of corn crisps - 2pp and a go ahead bar - 2pp

D -- Breaded chicken breast 8pp and pasta bake 9pp small glass of wine 3pp

So with my 15pp breakfast i have used 39pp today so far, one weekly used!!! Might use a few more later though.

Last edited:
I usually eat my banana about 10am, thats usually when we have finished the bulk of the cooking and can slow down a bit!!! Never thought about freezing smoothies, might try that nest week. We've got bags of frozen rasperries and mixed forest fruits at work i could use to make them along with banana.
Oh yes, that sounds like a v busy day hehe. Try to really find time to slow down and have a healthy food. Here we have ready made yoghurts with muesli, they are called activia.. Not sure if they sell that in UK but they are portionsized and quick to eat haha.
Freezers are amazing lol. Just make sure you take it out lf thefreezer the night before or it will be solid haha.

Knowing me i would forget to take it out!!! hahaha

Last night i had 2 mini malteaster bunnies -3pp and a pack of nu me crisps - 2pp. So thats 5pp out of my weeklies used so far.

Today has been so boring, the weather is mad here, one minute it's really sunny the next lashing with rain so i decided not to bother going out or to get dressed!!! but a bit bored now :(

Todays food as follows

B -- 2 ww wraps with a little reduced fat cheddar and ham - 8pp

L -- Homemade mushroom fried rice - 8pp

D -- Gammon steak 6pp, mushrooms,tomatoes and pineapple 0pp, oven chips 7pp (tesco finest ones bit high in pp) and 3 aunt bessies onion rings 6pp.

Takes me to 35pp so far, will update with some goodies later!!!

Knowing me i would forget to take it out!!! hahaha

Last night i had 2 mini malteaster bunnies -3pp and a pack of nu me crisps - 2pp. So thats 5pp out of my weeklies used so far.

Today has been so boring, the weather is mad here, one minute it's really sunny the next lashing with rain so i decided not to bother going out or to get dressed!!! but a bit bored now :(

Todays food as follows

B -- 2 ww wraps with a little reduced fat cheddar and ham - 8pp

L -- Homemade mushroom fried rice - 8pp

D -- Gammon steak 6pp, mushrooms,tomatoes and pineapple 0pp, oven chips 7pp (tesco finest ones bit high in pp) and 3 aunt bessies onion rings 6pp.

Takes me to 35pp so far, will update with some goodies later!!!
Hahaha.
Fruity icecream as breakkie lol. Though, I dont like cold things for breakkie much. I very much prefer a cooked breakfast haha.
Your food sounds nice. Silly q maybe but what is gammon? Pork, beef, chicken? I have no idea what it is and see it in more diaries lol

Have a nice evening x

Back