My Refeed Diary Days 1 - 7.

indie.rainbow

Loves the jobs you hate!
Hi, This is my 7th day of refeed, and whilst I know its nowhere near dinnrer time yet, Id thought Id post this, as I know what Ill be eating today :D
Please let me know what you think.

Day 1

B – shake
L – shake
D- 4oz steamed chicken breast with a small bowl of lettuce, tomato & celery. Teaspoon of balsamic.

Day 2

B – shake
L - 4oz steamed chicken breast with a small bowl of lettuce, tomato & celery. Teaspoon of balsamic.
D - 4oz cooked sliced turkey breast with a small bowl of lettuce, tomato & celery. Teaspoon of balsamic. 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Day 3

B – shake
L - 4oz steamed chicken breast with a small bowl of lettuce, tomato & celery. Teaspoon of balsamic.
D - 6oz steamed white fish, with a small portion of broccoli, green beans & sprouts. A pinch of salt. 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Day 4

B – Shake. 1 slice of dry toasted rye bread. 1 small Satsuma. Small handful of green grapes.
L – 6oz cooked sliced turkey breast. Small bowl of lettuce, celery and tomato. Balsamic to dress.
D - 4oz steamed white fish, with a small portion of broccoli, green beans & sprouts. A pinch of salt. 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Day 5

B – Shake. 1 slice of dry toasted rye bread. 1 small Satsuma. Small handful of green grapes.
L – 6oz cooked sliced turkey breast. Small bowl of lettuce, celery and tomato. Balsamic to dress.
D - 4oz steamed chicken breast, with a small portion of broccoli, green beans & sprouts. A pinch of salt. Handful of grapes, 1 satsuma. 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Day 6

B – Shake. Half plain toasted bagel. 1 satsuma. 6 grapes.
L – 4oz Sliced turkey. Small bowl green salad with balsamic. The other half of bagel.
D – Small fillet of mackerel, handful of prawns, small bowl of green salad with balsamic. 1 satsuma. Handful of grapes. 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Day 7

B - Shake.1 Slice of dry toasted rye bread. 2 grilled bacon (all fat removed). 1 satsuma. Small handful of grapes.
L – 6oz cooked sliced turkey breast. Small bowl of lettuce, celery and tomato. Balsamic dressing.
D – ½ Mackerel fillet, small hanful of prawns, with a small green salad with tomatoes & balsamic. 1 satsuma. 1 coffee with skimmed milk.

I have had between 2 & 3 litres of water each day.

All looks good, abiet a bit repetitive and plain ;-), but we are all different.

How have you found it?

ARe you weighing in today?

I've found it ok. Not at all bored with my food choices. Enjoying every mouthful. Very conscious about putting weight on though. To the point where I think I may need counceling! Weighing tomorrow. Off to the Theatre tonight :)

Hmmm ... why may i ask are you having a double breakfast? (shake and other things?) I feel this isnt needed and certainly isnt in the refeed plan!!!!

Maybe rearrange that and have your bread with your lunch/dinner as per the refeed sheet :)

Well its in the refeed plan my pharmacist gave to me! It doesnt tell me when I can/cannot have my bread, surely a bigger 'breakfast' is better, considering I start work at 6am, have my shake, then have the ''second part of my double breakfast'' at around 9am.
Feel like Im being told off! Its hard enough trying to get things right!

Hi Indie

I dont think Tanya was telling you off...she was just helping, as she always does...she always keeps us on the straight and narrow does our Tan.

We are all different and now that you have explained, I can understand your logic, although my day starts early too and I found on refeed that my shake/brekkie was all I needed up to lunch.

I havent seen that on a refeed sheet to be honest...it is usually 2 shakes for the first day and then 1 shake/2 meals, but maybe you have been given something different..that wouldnt be a surprise coming from LT :)

Try to relax (easier said than done...should eat my own words really)! But, it is a very stressful time starting to eat again, with all the fears, etc about gaining right at the forefront...

ENJOY, but dont feel anyone is getting at you or dont be too defensive...if you post sweetie, people will comment, but never nastily, only to help :)

Refeed states Breakfast, lunch and dinner and then snacks from day 4 onwards if needed and reccomends a shake for breakfast which is why i questioned why you are having that.

You asked for opinions so i gave mine - I didnt mean it to sound like a telling off - the way i read it is that you are having your shake, bread and fruit for breakfast but actually your having them later on as a 'snack' - which is fair enough :)

Still though, i dont think bread should be a 'snack'. You should use it to bulk up your meals so you are not tempted to snack.

Also i noticed day 3 you dont have any carbs; its reccomended we introduce a potatoe on this day. This is the day that we are meant to introduce them back into us again ... maybe re-read the refeed sheet and familiarise yourself with it and have a potatoe for one of your meals on day 3 - just so that your body is being introduced to things the 'right way' to avoid weight gain.

And again - days 4,5,6,7 you should add a carb portion to either your lunch or dinner if you are having a carb portion as a snack.

We really shouldnt be cutting out food groups, especially whilst refeeding, however scary they may seem.

I dont mean to be so harsh and critical but i dont want you to gain weight by not following the refeed properly. Stick to the sheet to the letter and you wont go far wrong. :)

Last edited:
Back