My refeed/maintanance

That recipe look gorgeous hun. And tell your bf its okay to eat high GL bagels just tell him to make sure that he puts low GL ingredients inside it

Breakfast LT Maintanence bar

Snack - apple

Lunch - chicken salad, gonna try a celery stick. a handful strawberries and grapes

Dinner - low fat spag bol, 4oz of spagetti, mushrooms and onions
Low fat yogurt.

Think TOTM is coming!! This will be the real test against cravings

I went shopping last night and was gonna buy a tiny bar of dark choc incase the munchies hit. But decided against it - I think I will always be afraid to eat choc and crisps. I havent decided yet if thats good or bad...

I think being afraid to eat choc n crisps is a good thing!
We didn't evolve eating processed food, dairy, or high fat food, and our bodies don't react the way they should to it! Stupid bodies!

I think its our minds that dont work the way they should. Chocolate and crisps are fine in moderation - but its our minds that say ah another bag/bar wont do us any harm. I havent figured what my trigger food is yet - so ill avoid most of the bad stuff until I do.

I want to go to the pictures this weekend and im even afraid to get some popcorn

Maybe you're right, I tend to always go with the genetic/evolution explanation for things. It's so much more romantic!
Popcorn is tricky, cos of the medium/high GI, and it's hard to have something with it. Oh I know...butter and cheese are low GI! LMAO!
Em, maybe bring just a small bag of Manhattan popcorn, or have some nuts instead!
I wish I was where you were!

you see I have to watch my calorie intake aswell. At the moment im still on a pretty low calorie If my calculations are right im eating between 1200 - 1300 a day. But im not excercising lately - since refeed my energy has plummeted - not that i had a whole lot in the first place.

Oxally,
I was exactly the same, had no energy after wk of refeed. It was shock to the system as I had so much energy while on tfr.
What nuts are good to snack on?

Unsalted peanuts - but they are quite high in fat so only a handful

Or toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.

If you making rice or noodles toast some sesame seeds and throw them in they are really lovely

Yum sounds tastey. Any ideas on some exciting salads to serve to my guests at the barbq sat night.

I love salads with a drizzle of krafts honey and mustard dressing, its delicious, you only need a little drizzle on it, its so tasty and little or no calories

Yep thats the one I use its gorgeous. Im loving balsalmic vinegar too. At the moment in Dunnes they are having sales on all the dressings. Either 2 for 3 euro or buy one get 1 free. The other day they had palats of them out. Madness.

Gonna get a sweet chilli one there is one i saw that has hardly any calories and I think it has vinegar in it so it would reduce the GL of it.

Hey Teg - I love my salad its basic but its nice.

Iceberg lettuce
Cucumber
Sweet Pepper
Cucumber
Spring onion
Tomatoes
Sweetcorn

If you finely chop all of them - with the lettuce I slice it down so I have a big circle of it - then slice it several times horizontally and the same vertically - its far nicer than having big leaves of the stuff.

Then if you toast some sunflower and pumpkin seeds - stick them in the oven but keep a good eye on them so they dont burn and scatter them over it.

Get several different types of dressing and leave them for everybody to choose their own.

I really cant get over how well salad complements absolutly everything.

What else you having at your bbq

Think TOTM is coming!! This will be the real test against cravings

I went shopping last night and was gonna buy a tiny bar of dark choc incase the munchies hit. But decided against it - I think I will always be afraid to eat choc and crisps. I havent decided yet if thats good or bad...

Hiya have you tried the maintenance choc whip dessert yet? It really hits the choc craving spot and is good if you have a sweet tooth. You end up with a surprisingly big portion of it so it fills you up too x

Breakfast LT Bar

Snack Apple

Lunch - 2 slices of wholegrain bread, turkey slice, mixed salad. Strawberries and grapes

Dinner - smoked coley, boiled sweet potato, spinach. Low fat yogurt

Last edited:
Im starting to get comfortable now in maintanence. I definatly do not see eating as a chore and I wake up every morning looking forward to my food.

Ive found i have to be very organised. My lunch is made at night. The meat/fish is taken out of the freezer the night before. I think if I dont plan exactly what Im gonna eat then I might eat junk

So today im having

Breakfast LT Bar

Snack Apple

Lunch - 2 slices wholegrain bread, tuna salad, strawberries.

Snack - 2 ginger oatcakes

Dinner - Im making turkey burgers tonight. Ive never made them before so i have to experiment with the seasoning. Gonna make oven chips as a treat for dp and dd and ill have salad.
Yogurt

Tomorrow is the last day of the refeed. My stomac is in bits. Full of gas. Had prawns last night and i dont think they were the freshest.
Im gonna make my own burgers for the barbq and salad. My friend is bringing fresh fish from Howth. Its ment to be the last word.
Ill have to do sausages but maybe i could get some chicken sausages for the LT ladies. There will be 4 of us all finished the refeed. Do you know we have lost over 220 lbs between us.
Any ideas for a rice or pasta salad cause im not doing coleslaw or patato salad.
Gonna have 2 maintenance shakes earlier on in the day so i can really enjoy the barbq.

Go shopping for sausies and look at the ingredients. Look for sausies with a high percentage of meat. The less ingredients the better.

I was gonna switch to chicken or turkey but after inspecting the ingredients the list was longer than the pork ones and there was a lot of sugar in them.

Make up pasta salad but be sure you lipo ladies eat only small portions of it. You should treat pasta as a side dish rather than a main.

If you get some baby potatoes wrap them in tinfoil and throw them directly into the bbq they are lovely.

You lipo ladies should fill up on fish and salad but have a good time - you deserve a treat. And treat yourself to a glass of wine if you drink - dry not sweet though

Great. I thought wine was bad though. Would it be better to sip vodka and diet coke. Why dry wine

Oh wow Teg,
That sounds amazing. It must be so nice to have friends doing it with you. My mum was gonna start it a week after me, but after seeing me go through it, she chickened out. That said, she's less to lose than me! Her BMI is only 37. Mine was 47 starting. Maybe when I have a lower BMI than her she'll start.

This is one I found for after my own LT

Summer's Best Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
Ten ounces rotini (twists) pasta
Three pounds seeded, coarsely chopped tomatoes
Four slices cooked and crumbled bacon
Four cups mixed salad greens
2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Cook pasta according to directions, but without using salt or oil. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl.
Add the tomatoes, the bacon and the salad greens.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well.
Spoon over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat.
Recipe makes eight servings.

But I'm gonna use ham instead of bacon!

This one sounds good too!
Tomato Basil Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
One pound cooked bow tie pasta
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Two medium-sized chopped yellow bell peppers
One can of (14-ounces) drained, coarsely chopped, water packed artichoke hearts
Eight large fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Two cloves minced garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers, artichokes and basil.
In separate bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
Pour over pasta mixture and toss to mix.
Recipe makes eight servings.

Rice Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 cup long grain rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 packages chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 cup salad oil
  • 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 cup ripe olives chopped
  • 1 white onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup pimentos
  • 1-1/2 cups celery chopped
  • 1/4 cup pickles chopped

Directions
bullet_arrow_up.gif

1. Cook rice, water and bouillon together.
  2. Blend together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic.
  3. Place olives, onion, pimentos, celery and pickles in a large bowl.
  4. When rice is cooked add to the large bowl then drizzle over oil mixture.
  5. Toss all together until well combined.
  6. Refrigerate overnight.
You guys have lost my entire body weight between you, and it's a pretty massive body weight!

Enjoy it, you deserve it. My fingers are crossed for the weather!

I love fish from Howth, that's my first stop when I'm on refeed! My gran lives there.

Literature says no alchol til wk refeed is over, I did my week refeed then the following wk was on hols and couldnt stomach alchol at all. Have hens wkend away wkend after this one, dont know how Im gonna cope.
Enjoy the bbq

Those recipes sound grand. Gonna take it easy on the pasta but a taste would be wonderful. God i feel like a spoilt child cause im gonna get to eat nice stuff.....yum

Back