My restart for the final time

LizDesigns

Silver Member
I've had a read through quite a few of the diary entries and have found that they really seem to keep people motivated so here I am :).
A bit of background first. I started CD back in 2008 and lost 6.5 stone in 6 months. Once I hit my target weight I stupidly decided that I didn't need to work back up through the plans and just went back to "normal eating"
After a difficult couple of years (father in law passing away and splitting up with my partner of 7 years) I find myself 5 stone heavier again.
I am so dissapointed that I let myself get back to this but also shocked at how quickly and easily it happened.
So this is it!!!!!
I'm now on day 6 and so far so good, no blips, no temptations. I'm quite lucky in that i've always tended to find ss easy to do. In fact for me it's too easy, it's when food is introduced that I seem to become like a woman possessed.
So fingers crossed that not only this time I can lose the weight but I can keep it off for good. :D

Hmmm I think I jinxed myself as i'm really struggling today.
I'm feeling really hungry, although i've already had my 2nd shake of the day and i've had 4 litres of water. Part of my eating problem is boredom and today i've not been out of the house.
It also doesn't help that me and my OH are separated for the weekend, so i'm feeling a wee bit lonely. Yes I have my 3 year old but that doesn't quite make up for adult company.
Oh well i've just got to try and think of my longterm goal and get on with it!!!

Hi hun, hope u are getting through the day.

I did CD lasy tear and lost nearly 3 and a half stone after losing 2 wiv ww. I managed to maintain for a while then all of a sudden it went crap and like you piled the weight back on plus more takin me to the heaviest i have EVER been. i was so disgusted wiv myself. Anyway in may this year i got back on the CD wagon with an aim of losing 7 stone and i did that in 6 months and im now working my way up the plans and im currently on a 1000....omg....soooo much food!!

I did ss+ all the way as i needed that something to chew on, it also gave me something to look forward to. Im amazed at how people can do ss all the way.

Anyway, just wanted to say GOOD LUCK and you CAN do this

xx

Hi hun, I am similar to you in that I lost all the weight and now have it all to lose again! I've never used CD before and lost all my weight ten years, but having two kids in 10 months piled it all back on! I now have six stone to lose.

You are nearly through week one so keep going! You know how fab it feels to be slim, so concentrate on how you felt then - those feelings should stop you wanting to eat. I don't feel hungry, but I miss the act of eating! Try to keep busy - you have done it before and you can so do it again!

Good luck - I look forward to your diary full of good news :)

Thank you lovely people. Your messages of support have really helped.
It's so unusual for me to feel like this on CD, although it doesn't help it's totm either.
Even though i'm on day 6 i'm not getting weighed until next Thursday as my cdc is on a conference until then. I think that's really playing on my mind as I won't have my first weeks weigh in to spur me on.
Rae Rae, you have done fantastically and it just shows if you work up the plans it does help you to keep the weight off. The best of luck with this part of your journey. :D
Good Luck to you too Julie, we're at the same point in our journey so hopefully we can spur each other on. :D

Thank u liz,ul b there soon too!

Have u nt got any scales at home so u cn av a first wk weigh in to keep u motivated so u dnt av go another wk?

Thank u liz,ul b there soon too!

Have u nt got any scales at home so u cn av a first wk weigh in to keep u motivated so u dnt av go another wk?

I do but i'd rather go my cdc one's. I didn't weigh myself on mine before I started so I don't know how accurate they will be. I may end up either thinking i've not lost any or way more then I actually do, lol.

I've got my weigh in on Wednesday and it feels like a lifetime away and I have only been on it for three days now!! I can't imagine what it must be like to have to wait another six days when you have already been on it for that long. But just imagine the monster loss you will have next week if you stick to your guns! I am counting down the days til weigh in, but in an excited way like it's Christmas! Try and do the same and see the next six days as something really positive - fingers crossed the result will be :)

Just found this thread so am posting to subscribe!

You can do it xxxx

Yay, my wobble's over and i'm back to feeling great again.
Hope that's the last and only one I have this time around.
The wee one's in bed and i'm just relaxing with Easties and a choc tetra. What more can a girl ask for.

Glad to hear your is wobble is over, hang on in there honey, you know from past experience that it is sooooooooo worth it x x

I do but i'd rather go my cdc one's. I didn't weigh myself on mine before I started so I don't know how accurate they will be. I may end up either thinking i've not lost any or way more then I actually do, lol.[/QUOTE]

Just stick at it then hun, i know it seems ike a long way but trust me itl go sooo quick and u will be beaming when u find out ur magic number.

Glad ur feelin better now, CONGRATULATIONS u got through it and tomorrow will be an even better day for u :)

Yay to getting over your 'wobble' when I feel like that I normally tell myself that if I stil feel the same the next day I will have a SS+ meal .. then normally by the next day I feel better and dont need it , this works as I am not denying myself the food , just delaying it , there has been times when I HAVE had the meal but very few and I normally make sure its something that wont effect CD ( apart from last monday :( !!!)
Hope it continues to go well for you :)

Welcome liz, I'll be here when I can for you but I'm certain you will manage dead easy because you know it works. Enjoy xx

Yay to getting over your 'wobble' when I feel like that I normally tell myself that if I stil feel the same the next day I will have a SS+ meal .. then normally by the next day I feel better and dont need it , this works as I am not denying myself the food , just delaying it , there has been times when I HAVE had the meal but very few and I normally make sure its something that wont effect CD ( apart from last monday :( !!!)
Hope it continues to go well for you :)

Thanks for that wee tip, will definatley use that the next time i'm struggling.
Day 7 today, woke up feeling very fat. Which is odd as I know I must have lost some weight, lol.
Nothing really planned today as we've had alot of snow over the last few days and I really don't know if i'll even be able to get my car out of the drive let alone into town. Hmmm will have to think of something else to keep my mind occupied.

There is nothing worse than being stuck at home with nothing to do! This used to be one of my snacking times. But this weekend I am home alone with two ill kiddies, one on either side snuggling in watching telly, so I have lots to do! To cheer Kayla up, I might tackle some Christmas decs today...

But back to you, we all have fat days - this is the reason we are on the diet. But stay strong and tomorrow you will wake up feeling fab at having been so positive the day before. We ALL know where you are, we all want to be skinny tomorrow and we all wish we weren't in this position. But we all are - and we are all doing something about it!

Good luck - am happy to send you my mobile number/email if you need to text/email in difficult times!

There is nothing worse than being stuck at home with nothing to do! This used to be one of my snacking times. But this weekend I am home alone with two ill kiddies, one on either side snuggling in watching telly, so I have lots to do! To cheer Kayla up, I might tackle some Christmas decs today...

But back to you, we all have fat days - this is the reason we are on the diet. But stay strong and tomorrow you will wake up feeling fab at having been so positive the day before. We ALL know where you are, we all want to be skinny tomorrow and we all wish we weren't in this position. But we all are - and we are all doing something about it!

Good luck - am happy to send you my mobile number/email if you need to text/email in difficult times!

My xmas tree went up last Saturday. I said it was for the benefit of my wee one but really it was me that was itching to get it up, lol.
Thanks for the offer of your contact details, I may well take you up on that.
Fingers crossed and today has flown by, even though I haven't been up to much. It's amazing how much having a little one can make time pass quickly.
I've been thinking of making some goals, so here goes.
Get through week 1
Lose one stone
Get under 200lbs
Fit properly back into my size 16's rather than squeezing myself in.
Wear leggings because they're fashionable, not because they're comfy.
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone
Be classed as overweight rather than obese
Get back into my long brown boots
Fit back into my dress I wore last year for my 30th.
Fit back into my blue warehouse dress
Be normal according to BMI
Fit back into my size 12 next dress.
Lose 4 stone
Lose 5 stone
Wear my size 10 jeans again.

There are many more but i'll stop for now. :D

Last edited:
Back